Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

Competition formats

Chrisst Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Competition formats
That many in that time might be daunting but we'd do it if it was needed.
My concern is that the cumulitive effect of so many is that the value of each is reduced.
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2020 21:30 by Chrisst.)
24-10-2020 18:38
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snooks Away
Where's the cue ball going?

If the concern is too many comps and them being too time consuming then I would perhaps suggest shortening the comps and operating a strict timetable for the start and end of each one.
This means less rounds for a start and NO substantial time gaps between the end of one round and the start of another.
I have witnessed some comps where there have literally been days between rounds ending and starting. With so many comps this simply is not sustainable going forward.
In comps I have run I have always stuck to a pretty rigid timetable as I believe comp organisers should do.
A cards on the table moment here from my point of view.
One fundamental reason why I am not running comps this year concerns the above issue.
When running comps of the past I monitored exactly how voting was going as it progressed so that I could end a round at say 7pm on a Friday and start the next round an hour or a few later on the same day.
My ability to do that this year is heavily compromised due to my 11 week training for a new job role via an internal promotion at work.
I did not feel I could do the competitions justice given the demands of my professional life at present.

One other issue springs to mind of real significance.
Tiebreaks and how to try to prevent or/and mitigate against their effect.
Countback mechanisms simply have to be put in place. Some possible solutions are all in my opening post of this thread.
Nominations set to equal value are liable to cause problems down the track as that post clearly points out.

Anyway I bid all comp organisers best wishes for this year and thank them in advance for their work.

(This post was last modified: 24-10-2020 22:05 by Snooks.)
24-10-2020 21:20
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(24-10-2020 17:00 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  The upcoming UK Babe Channels Babe of the Year Awards would be an example of trying to compare apples with pears. Grace Elisabeth is one of the front runners for Day Babe, but has mainly delivered with webshows from home, no restrictions, & her output has more in common with Nightshow content. How can you fairly measure her against Hannah Mac for one, who delivers a more traditional Dayshow with all the limitations that go with it ?

Yes, but there was no webshow award. Her fans could only nominate her for the categories that are there.

Hence the need to have webshow categories in the other awards, and probably prefix the other categories with 'tv'.

Times change and the awards need to reflect this imo.
24-10-2020 23:55
Not any more

(24-10-2020 18:09 )Charlemagne Wrote:  It's always a balancing act with awards.
Is running 15 awards in 6-7 weeks too daunting or would it be better to reduce the numbers.

If you don't want to be bothered with some of the awards then just ignore them.
It really is that simple.
25-10-2020 00:02
Chrisst Offline
Posting Machine

(24-10-2020 23:55 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  Yes, but there was no webshow award.

Hence the need to have webshow categories in the other awards, and probably prefix the other categories with 'tv'.

I understand your thinking completely but don't you see that that route leads to umpteen divisions, sub-divisons and prefixes and because times change it would be simpler to just trust the voter to make a fair judgement about any given girl irrespective of what she does. Smile
25-10-2020 00:32
Not any more

Do you think it would be acceptable to include rugby players in a footballer of the year award?

And anyway, I refer you to the post below the one you quoted.
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2020 00:56 by The Silent Majority.)
25-10-2020 00:47
Chrisst Offline
Posting Machine

Yes I do because we know enough to judge one sportsman from another.
We need everyone to vote Smile
25-10-2020 01:34
Boomerangutangangbang Online
Owned by Kelly Bell

(24-10-2020 23:55 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  
(24-10-2020 17:00 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  The upcoming UK Babe Channels Babe of the Year Awards would be an example of trying to compare apples with pears. Grace Elisabeth is one of the front runners for Day Babe, but has mainly delivered with webshows from home, no restrictions, & her output has more in common with Nightshow content. How can you fairly measure her against Hannah Mac for one, who delivers a more traditional Dayshow with all the limitations that go with it ?

Yes, but there was no webshow award. Her fans could only nominate her for the categories that are there.

In the words of Rammy "I fully agree" I already stated in my original post, briefly, that a 3rd category, after Day & Night shows would be webshows. So I'm agreeing with myself. As that side of this business has expanded rapidly in recent times, you could argue that a Webshow Award would hold more weight than the other 2. Perhaps we will see a levelling off in that sector, to some degree.
I was simply pointing out that UKBC Day Babe of the Year competition will not be a fair contest. It was perhaps late in the day for the organizers to reflect the changing times, but hopefully next year.

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2020 11:23 by Boomerangutangangbang.)
25-10-2020 08:43
Not any more

(25-10-2020 01:34 )Chrisst Wrote:  Yes I do because we know enough to judge one sportsman from another.

Do you think the football fans would be likely to vote a rugby player the winner, even if he was the better sportsman?
25-10-2020 10:12
eyres42 Offline
Posting Machine

For me there was too much going on last year, Best Legs, Best Tits etc.

I am looking at starting the Babestation awards in early November, Queen of Babestation and Queen of Babestation Daytime, webshows will be eligible in both categories.

Personally I would rejig the Ultimate Babe awards into a playoff between the individual station winners, always think it is a bit odd that you can be crowned Ultimate Babe when you haven't won your own channel's title but that's just my opinion.
25-10-2020 11:46

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS