Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 32 Vote(s) - 3 Average

The Freeview vs Sky content debate

MrSooky Offline
Just sum guy...

RE: The Freeview vs Sky content debate
and much appreciated they are
however, i think u may have missed my point.
i wasnt saying people should be talking about those other issues on here, or that all discussion of boobs and babe shows are "needless and pointless waffle" merely this topic in regards to it going on and on on a number of different threads while serving no real apparant purpose other than for the repetition of a handful of key points
the whole thing is merely going round and round in circles...yet who is it benefitting?

edit: alternatively, u may have got my point and ive explained it for no reason Big Grin

im also evil also into cats
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2009 08:01 by MrSooky.)
20-06-2009 07:58
Find all posts by this user
Wingcommander Offline
KT

MrSooky Wrote:and much appreciated they are
i wasnt saying people should be talking about those other issues on here, or that all discussion of boobs and babe shows are "needless and pointless waffle" merely this topic in regards to it going on and on on a number of different threads while serving no real apparant purpose other than for the repetition of a handful of key points
the whole thing is merely going round and round in circles...yet who is it benefitting?

Well said

one of the boys... but with boobs
20-06-2009 08:00
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

MrSooky Wrote:and much appreciated they are

edit: alternatively, u may have got my point and ive explained it for no reason Big Grin

Debate often is pure rhetoric going round in circles. And debate is more of a representational argument than a logical discussion, with two sides of opposing views trying to prevail over the other sides viewpoint.

As for the repetition of a handful of key points: Thats presenting the framework of the issue that is being debated, so it is obviously going to be repeated.

Who benefits? I guess those who enjoy debating.
20-06-2009 08:23
MrSooky Offline
Just sum guy...

id almost given up on intelligent posting on here Tongue

however, while ur description of 'debate' is accurate, much of what has been said etc in this thread doesnt correlate to the more formal structure of 'debating'
and while a handful of key 'issues' may be relevant and make up the key framework of the debate, the repetiton of a handful of points are merely just repetition Smile

so who loses out...those who enjoy debating properly Tongue

20-06-2009 08:32
Wingcommander Offline
KT

blimey anyone got a thesaurus?? Ha ha

one of the boys... but with boobs
20-06-2009 08:36
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

MrSooky Wrote:so who loses out...those who enjoy debating properly Tongue

Well I guess "The Freeview vs Sky content debate" was never going to be on the inclusion shortlist for the International Public Debate Association tournament.Big Grin
20-06-2009 08:53
MrSooky Offline
Just sum guy...

and i had high hopes for it Big Grin

20-06-2009 08:55
SomeGeek Offline
An Individual

The content its self is a non-issue, this was my point. There is no debate there, move along. The reasons for why there is such a difference in content between sky and freeview is what has taken my interest.

So this thread is pointless? So is every discussion thread on every forum on the internet, for some values of pointless. If it was entirely pointless nobody would post. It is just fun and enjoyable to post your opinion and to read others. (performed in that order of course) Big Grin.

The chances of anyone who actually can give an answer to the differences between the broadcasts actually answering here are close to nil of course. And if such a person did post here, the chances that they told the truth would also a a matter of great debate. Wink

Try VLC for playing vids and avidemux for making them.
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2009 11:40 by SomeGeek.)
20-06-2009 11:40
matt38 Offline
Posting Machine

Anybody else think the warning message before the FV show is laughable, content and language that is likely to offend, if only.
27-06-2009 18:38
aaron Offline
Posting Machine

matt38 Wrote:Anybody else think the warning message before the FV show is laughable, content and language that is likely to offend, if only.

But people do complain and say they were offended, that's the point. What you need to remember is that Sky has an adult section, so if people don't want adult material they don't have to go there (you can even lock it if you don't want it). Freeview doesn't have an adult section, hence the warning notice in order to reduce the number of complaints.
27-06-2009 20:57
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV