Click here to watch Studio 66

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 3 Average

channel 961 now 10.47 pm 26/6

space watson Offline
Junior Poster

RE: channel 961 now 10.47 pm 26/6
mdevil316 Wrote:there is a god after all, no more poofs. btw, im not homophobic.

They said they were doing 2 days only. Whether they meant 2 days only as a trial or whether they meant 2 days a week I'm not sure. I only saw the channel for a minute so I didn't catch all of what was said. I suppose if it returns next Friday and Saturday we'll know it's 2 days a week, otherwise it was a trial (for a possible new channel?)

By the way, you actually are homophobic, as poof is generally recognised to be a homophobic remark. After all, if you used a word like nigger it wouldn't be much use trying to claim you weren't racist.
29-06-2009 08:54
Find all posts by this user
mdevil316 Offline
Senior Poster

well as its a forum your entitled to your opinion but homophobic would mean i hated gays which i don't as my brother is gay. also i have a black friend who we call nigga sometimes and he doesnt care cos he knows were not being derogatory to him and we treat him as an equal.
29-06-2009 11:21
BungalowBill Offline
Junior Poster

Mellow Wrote:I see this channel has reverted back to Babeworld tonight.

Ah, now - I know the answer to this one - 961 isn't owned by Babeworld - the company that own it sub-let it to another broadcaster for two nights.

Bill.
29-06-2009 12:56
smme100 Offline
Apprentice Poster

BungalowBill Wrote:
Mellow Wrote:I see this channel has reverted back to Babeworld tonight.

Ah, now - I know the answer to this one - 961 isn't owned by Babeworld - the company that own it sub-let it to another broadcaster for two nights.

Bill.

It looked like it was produced from the J13 Milton Keynes studio together with the blue screen graphics.
29-06-2009 14:10
NathanialScoop Offline
Junior Poster

mdevil316 Wrote:well as its a forum your entitled to your opinion but homophobic would mean i hated gays which i don't as my brother is gay. also i have a black friend who we call nigga sometimes and he doesnt care cos he knows were not being derogatory to him and we treat him as an equal.

Did you ever think that he might just be going along with it because of peer pressure? Some people, despite comments about size, race or sexuality, will put up with it purely because they think their friends will turn on them if they say they don't like it. There's that fear that if they speak out they'll be labelled a pussy and lose the respect of their peers. That's the risk you take when you call your friend a name that singles him out from the rest of you and is associated with hate and bigotry. To you it's harmless fun but can you really be 100% sure that it doesn't bother him?
29-06-2009 16:05
seth Offline
Master Poster

mdevil316 Wrote:well as its a forum your entitled to your opinion but homophobic would mean i hated gays which i don't as my brother is gay. also i have a black friend who we call nigga sometimes and he doesnt care cos he knows were not being derogatory to him and we treat him as an equal.

I agree, calling someone a "poof " may be a derogatory remark towards homosexuals but it doesn't make you homophobic, being homophobic means you dislike gays, which is something else.
(This post was last modified: 29-06-2009 17:01 by seth.)
29-06-2009 16:51
mdevil316 Offline
Senior Poster

thankyou sethro. im not one of the ones sayin gets these fags off my screen. im merely sayin if they want a channel, dont call it babestation
29-06-2009 17:44
mdevil316 Offline
Senior Poster

NathanialScoop Wrote:

Did you ever think that he might just be going along with it because of peer pressure? Some people, despite comments about size, race or sexuality, will put up with it purely because they think their friends will turn on them if they say they don't like it. There's that fear that if they speak out they'll be labelled a pussy and lose the respect of their peers. That's the risk you take when you call your friend a name that singles him out from the rest of you and is associated with hate and bigotry. To you it's harmless fun but can you really be 100% sure that it doesn't bother him?

i can see what your saying but he even said he doesnt care and that if he did he'd say. he just takes it in the spirit it's meant, same as when he calls us names. it's just mates messing about. i'd never say hey nigga to a black man i don't know.
29-06-2009 17:47
BarrieBF Offline
Posting Machine

ritchie1 Wrote:I find it disgusting

This is exactly what so many people say when they stumble across Babestation or Partyland on freeview and it explains why those channels have been toned down.

It's interesting that there are people here who are just as intolerant of anything they don't personally want to see as the Mary Whitehouse brigade are.
29-06-2009 19:24
ritchie1 Offline
Senior Poster

BarrieBF Wrote:
ritchie1 Wrote:I find it disgusting

It's interesting that there are people here who are just as intolerant of anything they don't personally want to see as the Mary Whitehouse brigade are.

I assume your referring to me, and i have the balls to admit i dont like seeing gay men prancing about flaunting themselves and personally i find it disgusting, as its not my thing. Im sure there are hundreds more on here with a similar opinion but just sit on the fence as it may not be the PC thing to say.
And what is the Mary Whitehouse brigade ?

Im here for a good time, Not a long time !
29-06-2009 20:56
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Studio 66