Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 45 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average

'Tamestation'

elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

RE: 'Tamestation'
(12-10-2009 18:05 )admin Wrote:  This is totally incorrect. That kind of language is not allowed to be used on the babe channels.

Take Ofcom's judgement against Babestar for example, where it was said that what Babestar "was transmitting was considered seriously unacceptable in unencrypted form. In particular, the extreme explicitness of the language transmitted was of an adult sex nature and was wholly unsuitable for transmission on a free-to-air service."

Yes that makes sense to me. If it's adult sex material it has to be encrypted. Babestar is the only channel I have heard using the kind of language oxygenIT was using and they got the record babe channel fine for it.
12-10-2009 18:59
Find all posts by this user
oxygenIT Offline
Junior Poster

(12-10-2009 18:05 )admin Wrote:  Take Ofcom's judgement against Babestar for example, where it was said that what Babestar "was transmitting was considered seriously unacceptable in unencrypted form. In particular, the extreme explicitness of the language transmitted was of an adult sex nature and was wholly unsuitable for transmission on a free-to-air service."

The only thing I can find on Ofcom in regards to that exact judgement was for a dating channel called Look4Love which I assume timeshared with Babecast and it was in regards to using that language for advertising.

I can't believe it was purely because it was a free-to-air service after all Film4 is on Freeview and FTA which is showing Monster's Ball tonight. That's got language such as "Motherf*cker, f*ck, f*cked" a line that says "you don't eat your wife's pussy?", a woman asking if Billy Bob Thornton "Feel[s] like some late night pussy, Cowboy?". ITV is FTA and has shown Silence of the Lambs which features lines like "I can smell your c*nt", "Would you fuck me?...I'd fuck me...I'd fuck me hard...I'd fuck me so hard". Boogie Nights has been shown on Channel 4 with lines like "Cum on my tits if you can, okay? Just pull it out and do it on my stomach and tits", "she's desperate for a big dick" "-Is he gonna fuck me in the ass? -Is that what you want? -It would be nice -Johnny Fuck her in the ass."

I can't believe that it was purely down to the language, I would imagine there were other factors such as it being before the watershed or because they had other 'offences' in addition to it and it had over-stepped the line otherwise they would block any film with the above in the script going out on FTA surely?

I couldn't find anything within the guidelines that says you have to keep your language in check on FTA broadcasts. Perhaps that is more of an unwritten rule and there are certainly lines you can't cross - perhaps my example was a bit strong on the language front lol - but I'm sure they don't need to limit themselves to 'Cheeky' and I'm pretty sure they're not going to get a call from Ofcom if one of the girls uses words like Horny, Kinky etc.

It would be interesting to get clarification but the only way to get that would be for someone from BS or one of the other channels to say what Ofcom does and doesn't allow.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2009 19:50 by oxygenIT.)
12-10-2009 19:49
cdm79 Offline
Master Poster

(12-10-2009 18:05 )admin Wrote:  
(11-10-2009 20:47 )oxygenIT Wrote:  the girls don't have to be limited to saying 'Cheeky' and basically have no limitations on their language since it falls with post-watershed hours. They could say 's***k all over my tits you dirty f*****g c**t' live on air and as long as it is after 10pm there shouldn't be an issue as it's post watershed.

This is totally incorrect. That kind of language is not allowed to be used on the babe channels.

Would swearing within reason be acceptable? Not to OxygenIT's levels, admittedly that is extreme, but the odd 'f**k' etc on the mic, is that okay? It would make the shows a bit more 'real' if you see what I mean. Can't see that being a problem especially on the post midnight shows.
12-10-2009 19:59
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(11-10-2009 20:47 )oxygenIT Wrote:  the girls don't have to be limited to saying 'Cheeky' and basically have no limitations on their language since it falls with post-watershed hours. They could say 's***k all over my tits you dirty f*****g c**t' live on air and as long as it is after 10pm there shouldn't be an issue as it's post watershed.

This is totally incorrect. That kind of language is not allowed to be used on the babe channels.

Take Ofcom's judgement against Babestar for example, where it was said that what Babestar "was transmitting was considered seriously unacceptable in unencrypted form. In particular, the extreme explicitness of the language transmitted was of an adult sex nature and was wholly unsuitable for transmission on a free-to-air service."

If this is true then Ofcom is operating a double standard. I have heard that sort of language at peak viewing time on mainstream tv.
12-10-2009 21:25
oxygenIT Offline
Junior Poster

(12-10-2009 19:59 )cdm79 Wrote:  

Would swearing within reason be acceptable? Not to OxygenIT's levels, admittedly that is extreme, but the odd 'f**k' etc on the mic, is that okay? It would make the shows a bit more 'real' if you see what I mean. Can't see that being a problem especially on the post midnight shows.

I obviously used an extreme example but if films shown on FTA channels can have the words f*ck, sh*t, c*nt, p*ssy and lines such as "I can smell your c*nt", "f*ck her in the ass" etc I don't see how it is any different on a FTA channel that is specifically adult-themed, but maybe I'm wrong.

That said I'm pretty sure Ofcom aren't going to come down on a channel like a ton of bricks because of the odd swear word or saying things such as 'horny' or 'kinky' in post-watershed hours.

My example would be unlikely to something they said on the mics anyway I'd imagine, it was just an extreme example. It's different when it's pre-Watershed but after 10pm I'm pretty sure Ofcom aren't going to fret over the odd naughty word.
12-10-2009 22:29
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(08-10-2009 16:44 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  donna duke has said on her blog that she prefers to be on bangbabes as you can be a lot naughtier

So when is she going to start being naughtier then? I've noticed precious little difference in her performances.

And I agree. Babestation is shite.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2009 22:51 by StanTheMan.)
12-10-2009 22:51
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

(12-10-2009 18:05 )admin Wrote:  This is totally incorrect. That kind of language is not allowed to be used on the babe channels.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv/obb/ocsc_adjud/look4love.pdf

The type of language can be used on a Babe Channel. (With the correct Broadcast licence.) BabeStation can broadcast such language (post watershed) as they hold an "Editorial/Entertainment" Broadcast licence and they are not subject to the BCAP Advertising code. Babe Star fell foul of Ofcom because they were subject to the BCAP TV Advertising advertising code and ASA rules (incorporating rules on the scheduling of TV adverts) because they only held a "Telly Shopping" broadcast licence.

And the language used was only the tip of the iceberg.

The main issue in Babestar having their licence revoked was that they had a broadcast licence as a Telly Shopping channel, therefore they fell under the scrutiny of the ASA, which does not permit "adult sex material" within advertising.

A Premium rate telephone service of a sexual nature was used, which goes against the BCAP TV Advertising standards code. They didn’t have the correct licence to show a Babe Show. They were given the chance to rectify this and they didn't bother.

Babe Star also stated that the whole show was live. It wasn’t. Babestar continued to advertise that you could speak to the Girl on screen. You couldn't. The callers were being defrauded.

The rolling t&c’s banner was too small, they were given ample opportunity to change this. They didn't.

OFCOM and the ASA gave them a chance to rectify the problems. They chose not to.

Taken from the adjudication:

" At the beginning of the investigation, it appeared to the Executive that the licensee either had a fundamental lack of understanding of the requirements of the Advertising Code and its responsibilities under its licence, or simply ignored advice, warnings and a direction from the organisations that regulate it.

The licensee had explained to Ofcom that it had been approached by a third party supplier to use evening slots to transmit “babestar content”. Simon Woolnough stated that he was unaware, at that stage, that such material would not be permitted on a teleshopping licence - albeit he was at the time responsible for compliance of the service under Television Concepts’ licence.

The view of the Committee was that the licensee had been persuaded to broadcast material under his licence without first checking to ensure it was compliant both with licence conditions and the relevant Codes. He had not therefore taken his licence obligations sufficiently seriously.

The Committee considered that the licensee had had many opportunities to remedy the situation but had failed to take any effective responsible action. The licensee had persisted in this and had taken a seriously reckless approach as to whether or not the material was compliant in circumstances where the licensee was broadcasting a profitable service for the first time since the business started."

The language used can be broadcast. However it can not be used within the context of a TV Advert or Telly Shopping channel as it is subject to the BCAP Advertising code. Babe Stars failure to secure the correct broadcast licence caused the ASA to pass the matter onto Ofcom, which then led on to the sanction.

The Babe Station channels hold an "Editorial/Entertainment" Broadcast licence, therefore they are not subject to the BCAP Advertising code.
12-10-2009 22:55
admin. Offline
Administrator

(12-10-2009 22:55 )vostok 1 Wrote:  The type of language can be used on a Babe Channel.

No, in fact that type of language cannot be used on a babe channel.

Your arguments about Babestar and the other things they did are not really relevant here, because I only chose that as a random example.

Here's another example, where Babeworld were fined £25,000.

'The presenters were dressed provocatively in underwear and behaved in an extremely sexual manner, for example thrusting their breasts and buttocks directly at the camera and appearing to masturbate. They encouraged viewers to call them using explicit sexual language, for example: “I want you to spunk in my mouth. It makes me really horny”; “she needs a nice hard cock up there”; and “…maybe you just want to bend me over and stick it up my arse”.'

'Ofcom concluded that the explicit sexual content on the programme, both language and visuals, was in breach of the Code Rules aimed at protecting the under 18s. The content was so explicit, and in particular the language, it was considered to be ’adult-sex’ material. This meant it should have been broadcast under encryption.'

I hope everything's clear now.
12-10-2009 23:34
setter1000 Offline
Posting Machine

I know the point you are making. But it does seem strange to be protecting people under 18 considering the fact you can use parental control to stop under 18s from being able to watch it in the first place.
12-10-2009 23:37
tony confederate Offline
Senior Poster

(12-10-2009 23:37 )setter1000 Wrote:  I know the point you are making. But it does seem strange to be protecting people under 18 considering the fact you can use parental control to stop under 18s from being able to watch it in the first place.

In Ofcom's view that isn't good enough. As admin said, to protect the under 18s you have to broadcast sex material under encryption. Ofcom do not recognise parental control as providing sufficient protection.
12-10-2009 23:49
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV