cherry tv

clips4sale

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average

Get the f*cking mics working!

vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

RE: Get the f*cking mics working!
I reckon it must be some peculiarity of that mic system they're using. Those mics look exactly the same as the ones used by BS and there have been numerous examples of mics not working on their channels recently.
03-11-2009 02:09
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

Jemma's debut performance on freeview was slightly spoilt last night because the mic was not working when she first came on to introduce herself at 3am.

At 5am, instead of music we heard 14 minutes of background chatter plus some of Jemma on the phone. (not complaining about this Smile)

There have been problems with the mic on almost all of the freeviews shows so far.
Also, there has only ever been sound on the right audio channel.
The sound engineers are either totally incompetent, or they have employed a deaf person to do the job!
07-11-2009 11:39
Danzig Offline
Master Poster

You always get the feeling with BB as long as the phones are working they're happy. Technical things like the sound system and their websites streams are low priorities to them.
08-11-2009 21:25
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

The first 5 times the girls used the mic on the freeview show last night, it was not working.
We could not hear a word they were saying.
The only time it worked was for Amanda when she appeared for the last section at 5am.
25-11-2009 12:39
Dark Angel Offline
Goth Girl

I get the impression that there is so much going on behind the camera, that not enough attention is paid to what's going on infront of the camera ie mic not working or just not switched on. Some of the guys don't have much technical knowledge either.

So they told you it does not exist
You have to rethink your life
You don`t need much guidance
It`s in your soul
Sing the words you have spoken to the dark
Live to breath the fresh air
Fight for all there is to achieve
It`s in your soul
Tormenting you
- by Octavia Sperati
WARNING - PLAY WITH FIRE YOU WILL GET BURNED!
25-11-2009 12:57
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

i have always thought that the girls should be the mic when they aint on a call and stop f**king about speaking to the crew or pretending to be on calls.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
Production Professional with PhD
26-11-2009 21:40
DanVox Offline
Senior Poster

(26-11-2009 21:40 )RCTV Wrote:  i have always thought that the girls should be the mic when they aint on a call and stop f**king about speaking to the crew or pretending to be on calls.

I quite like to see genuine chat between the girls or crew rather than fake sexy stuff - most babes quickly run out of ideas and try too hard.

It doesn't seem to be the mikes that aren't working, an entire Sky channel has no sound all night, when on open mike and musak, and even when they cut to a different feed. Or so it seems - I don't have my sound on all the time, in case. That sounds more like one output from the mixing desk. Still about time they fixed it.
27-11-2009 00:46
Golgathor Offline
Last of the DragonWolves

My two cents:

It does appear that they forget to put the fader up sometimes, as I remember one night Amanda was chatting away to nothing! Seriously, if a casual viewer were see this, they'd think the girls are idiots as they haven't switched the mic on, when in reality, they have! It's just not professional, and makes the whole show seem amatuer.

As for the pretend calls, they may be saying things into the phone for any listeners that are present.

To be honest, I prefer to see them having a laugh and chat with the off-screen crew rather than them try and be sexy all the time - it's been done on other channles and it just gets a bit lame, espcially when the girl either loses interest, or looks bored doing it. And of course there's the opposite - just lying there, looking bored.

Oh, that's more than two cents...

What was that?
28-11-2009 16:04
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

30-11-2009 11:18
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

Although the music could be heard ok throughout the show on Freeview ch98 last night, there was complete silence when any of the girls were talking on the mic.
We could not hear anything they said throughout the show.
It looks like their deaf sound engineer has returned to the show.
15-08-2010 11:50

gemma hiles