Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.76 Average

Ofcom Discussion

ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

RE: Ofcom Discussion
Stage 2 of the government's agenda to have Ofcom control the entire voice aiwaves begins:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/bbc/1170...f-BBC.html

So that's official.

Licence fee changes next. And you have the BBC significantly nuetured with the threat of worse changes forever hanging over them.

Cameron's deal with Richards in 2010 was certainly far-reaching.

Dark times...

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2015 11:48 by ShandyHand.)
26-06-2015 11:19
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

^^^ Just reading about this.
While the board of governors thing has it's faults, I certainly don't see handing the beeb over to Ofcom as the way forward.

I just hope any potential license fee changes don't go the way I suspect they might. I am currently seriously considering dumping my TV license in favour of net streaming. I watch very little 'live' tv these days, switching to catch-up services and streaming wouldn't be a major step, and for virtually the cost of the license you can get both Netflix, and an Amazon Prime membership, which gives access to their streaming service.
My suspicion is that they will try to change the license to cover any 'tv-like' viewing, specifically to catch those switching to these types of services. Whether they will succeed in getting that through is another matter, but they could compromise and keep the current requirements, but add back the old method as well, where you need a license to own any tv or tv receiving equipment. You could still watch the likes of netflix on a computer, but if you wanted to stream it to a tv screen, you'd need a license.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
26-06-2015 13:18
gunnar Offline
Posting Machine

^It would be interesting to see what would happen, if the BBC Channels and related services became subscription only. How many people would to sign up? I for one wouldn't.

“Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”
— Henry Kissinger

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2015 14:35 by gunnar.)
26-06-2015 13:37
M-L-L Offline
The Last Straw

Absolutely. The quicker the BBC is driven into extinction by the unholy alliance of the completely unbiased and impartial Murdoch press and The Conservative party, leaving Sky free to establish even more of a monopoly on broadcasting, then obviously the better for the consumer.
Once the BBC is deservedly neutered, the price of Sky packages will all come down drastically and won't be miraculously inflated - because private sector monopolies are obviously much more enlightened and kinder than public sector ones, everybody knows this, they're not just simply about the money; and the TV news won't be completely filled with cross-promotion for News International and - God help us - Fox News.

bladewave
26-06-2015 18:32
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

(26-06-2015 13:37 )gunnar Wrote:  ^It would be interesting to see what would happen, if the BBC Channels and related services became subscription only. How many people would to sign up? I for one wouldn't.

I bet that remark may come back and bite you on the bum mate I wouldn't be surprised if the opposite happened!! If the BBC was to become subscription only then you would only have to pay for what you want to watch on the BBC!!

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
26-06-2015 20:12
terence Offline

(26-06-2015 20:12 )babelover48 Wrote:  I bet that remark may come back and bite you on the bum mate I wouldn't be surprised if the opposite happened!! If the BBC was to become subscription only then you would only have to pay for what you want to watch on the BBC!!

already happened, it's called a t.v licence. Smile

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
26-06-2015 20:15
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HEX!T Away
Retired

yep murdoch empire needs to go away...
war mongers and racists every 1 of em.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
26-06-2015 21:22
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

Once OFCOM get stuck into the BBC they won't let go. ANd probably not content with the demise of our beloved babe channels they will surely soon set to work, bringing about the demise of the BBC

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
01-07-2015 07:34
Babehampton Offline
Apprentice Poster

(26-06-2015 20:15 )terence Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 20:12 )babelover48 Wrote:  I bet that remark may come back and bite you on the bum mate I wouldn't be surprised if the opposite happened!! If the BBC was to become subscription only then you would only have to pay for what you want to watch on the BBC!!

already happened, it's called a t.v licence. Smile

Wrong - you need a license to watch any live tv. Not just BBC.

No license - no live TV.
01-07-2015 20:53
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

No you are indeed incorrect, having a TV Licence is because the BBC exists and this rule applies to anybody living within the UK, even those who are Polish who have no interest in watching the BBC. It doesn't matter.

If you are able to receive the BBC then you have to pay for a TV Licence.
01-07-2015 21:04