Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.76 Average

Ofcom Discussion

hatessexistofcon Offline
Junior Poster

RE: Ofcom Discussion
To me it is blackmail. I cannot legally watch any channel on Freeview till I have paid the license fee.

PIN protect the BBC channels and issue a code to unlock BBC when you buy the BBC license. This legally allows me to watch every freeview channel "FOR FREE" as the Freeview title suggests.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2016 02:09 by hatessexistofcon.)
08-08-2016 02:07
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IvIaxed Stats 76 Away
Posting Machine

I don't appreciate seeing babes on television,putting webcams between their legs during daytime hours or trying to conceal the fact they are doing so by having the television camera zoomed into shoulder height on their face !!!

Hopefully these channels will be removed and replaced with actual television programmes Important

Thanks 4 All The Good Times *!*
08-08-2016 14:26
IvIaxed Stats 76 Away
Posting Machine

(08-08-2016 02:07 )hatessexistofcon Wrote:  To me it is blackmail. I cannot legally watch any channel on Freeview till I have paid the license fee.

PIN protect the BBC channels and issue a code to unlock BBC when you buy the BBC license. This legally allows me to watch every freeview channel "FOR FREE" as the Freeview title suggests.

I can assure you
You ain't missing anything buddy
Don't worry about it Wink

08-08-2016 14:27
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

(06-08-2016 15:10 )M-L-L Wrote:  ^ But this the Government's plan all along ...

Quite; I didn't mean to imply in any way that it was my speculation.

Anyway, other elements of the process look likely to be held up. Following Brexit and the replacement of the Culture Secretary Ofcom assuming control over regulation of the BBC is now unlikely to be until April 2017. (See article below - attached as from it's the ft, who broke the story, and can not be linked to.)

---

As predicted by Sharon White in her recent interview for the Guardian, Ofcom have finally got around to appointing a new content director.
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/media...-1.2743656
https://www.theguardian.com/media/greens...t-director

Hugely significant, of course, is the guy's former time at BBC News. The regulator is obviously hoping that he will be seen as an 'oldboy', a familiar and friendly face known of and by his former colleagues still with the corporation.

---

Meanwhile yet another annual Ofcom survey, this time on internet and other media usage in the UK, warns that we are increasingly admitting to the downsides of being 'connected' throughout our waking hours. More and more people are trying 'digital detox' apparently (which, of course, you can read all about and sign up for online! HuhTongueRolleyes )

Most of the quoted material below is from Ofcom's digest ( http://ofcomnewsreleases.cmail19.com/t/V...8700E2614F ) of the 260 page tome and are, I think, the most relevant sections to this board:

• While "broadcast TV generated record revenues of £13.6bn last year [up from 13.2bn in 2014] – partly driven by pay-TV subscription income rising to £6.2bn," online TV revenue is growing rapidly too, up 23% in the last year to £976m.
Looking at the detail in the report itself for this section, we see that revenue figures for "premium-rate telephony services" get lumped in with other "TV shopping, sponsorship, other interactive services, programme sales and S4C’s grant from the DCMS." That figure, for what it's worth, has remained stable for the past five years at 0.7bn. Elsewhere the report indicates "a revenue increase of 8% across the teleshopping sector; the 2015 revenue of £157m was the sector’s highest level since 2012." With the number of auction-type channels that went bump last year this might seem surprising.

• "Average monthly household spending on communication services has decreased in real terms over the past five years – from £121.15 in 2010, to £118.90 in 2015, representing a monthly decrease of £2.25, or £27 per year."

• "Eighty-six per cent of adults now have home internet access via any device."

• "Smartphones are considered the most important device for internet access (by 36% of internet users), followed by laptops (29% of internet users)."

• "Tablets (up from 54% to 59%), smartphones (up from 66% to 71%), smart TVs (up from 20% to 27%) and smart watches (up from 3% to 5%) saw year-on-year increases in ownership between 2015 and 2016."

The survey also includes section on an average "digital day" - a breakdown of all such related activities. For example...

• Ofcom reckon that the average UK adult spends 63% of such viewing time watching live TV but the figure is much lower for 16 to 24 yo's who prefer on demand, online clips and dvd/blu-rays. "On average, each person in the UK watched 3 hours and 36 minutes of broadcast TV per day in 2015 [including catch-up], four minutes less than in 2014. But underlying this were marked differences by age groups. Average daily viewing fell by 15 minutes a day among 16-24 year olds, the biggest annual drop for this group since 2010... Live TV viewing fell by five and a half minutes year on year, while recorded and catch-up viewing within a week of broadcast increased by 1.3 minutes."

It summarises that...

• "While a digital generational gap clearly exists, the report also shows that many older people are keen to keep pace with newer online and on-demand services.
The proportion of 55-64 years who had internet access increased from 82% in 2015 to 87% in 2016, while over half (51%) indicated they used social media and 42% on-demand services in an average week.
Smartphone ownership among those aged 55 and over also increased from 32% to 42% year on year, while one in five (20%) now subscribe to a 4G service – up from 11% in 2015.
Furthermore, the most significant annual growth in mobile data use was among the older age groups - from 39% in 2015 to 50% in 2016 among 55-64 year olds and from 16% to 21% among people aged 65 and over."

The survey goes on to breakdown some 'on demand viewing trends', e.g....

• "More than half of UK adults (59%) used a video-on-demand (VoD) service during 2015 – up from 57% in 2014. Although the growth of VoD services is slowing for some age groups, paid-for VoD services continued to grow in popularity, with Netflix a prominent driving force."

For a good media interpretation see: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2...etox-ofcom

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Ofcom not ready to take on BBC regulation.pdf (Size: 117.58 KB / Downloads: 0)

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
08-08-2016 19:15
IvIaxed Stats 76 Away
Posting Machine

Well after I woke up this morning and looked briefly who was on the shows
A bird on babe station was poised at revealing her breasts to a laptop webcam
But only after the TV camera pan down to show feet and giving her the go ahead

I'm sure that's not aloud for daytime television ?

It's not a TV show

It's internet smut advertised on television and I really can't wait for this kind of show to be removed

Even if their not revealing anything on TV it surely can't be aloud
I hate it and want it removed, PS yes I really do hate it and as long as it keeps happening I'm going to continue to say so

I'm not against what their doing
Just against the fact that the TV shows are pathetically poor

They shouldn't even have a channel for this it's a disgrace and hopefully ofcom will shut this shit down,or sky

10-08-2016 11:02
IvIaxed Stats 76 Away
Posting Machine

In fact fuck it
If that's what u wanna do sound
I'm out of here

I just hope u realise this is the beginning of the end of the babe shows on TV
I wouldn't mind but ye can probably tell ....... R fuck it
See yez fuckin later

10-08-2016 11:11
HEX!T Away
Retired

you know i cant tell if this ^^ is sarcasm (if so well done) or if he's serious laugh.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
18-08-2016 16:52
skully Offline

Your guess is as good as ours. lol.

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
18-08-2016 17:09
OurJud Offline
Senior Poster

I think, gentlemen, we are seeing the dawn of a new type of babeshow.

I don't quite know what's going on, but my guess is they've found a loophole which states, "Presenters are permitted, if they so wish, to perform at any level of explicitness providing nothing is seen, regardless of broadcast time."

That's the only thing I can imagine is responsible for recent activities.
21-08-2016 18:11
Block Offline
Nip Slip For the Win

There has been no new ofcunt rules. It has always been down to how the channels interpret these rules. With the recent advent of perv cam the channels have become a bit more liberal to the rules.
It is all about revenue versus risk.
All is fine until some ass hole somewhere makes a complaint.
Then ofcunt might start taking a dim view of perv cam.
I personally hope not, perv cam is good as long as it is not overly used. The babes should provide periods of time for TV and also some time for perv cam. The balance at the moment isn't right. Too much time spent on perv cam!
21-08-2016 19:11