gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average

Happy New Year

Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

Happy New Year
It's the last day of the year AND the decade, as well as being the last full year that I am 30-something! Have a guess which one is more personally depressing laugh

I have to say that the last couple of years have been tough ones, though I imagine I'm far from being alone in that camp. But I've been through tough times before, years where things have gone from bad to worse, to downright awful and beyond. But Human beings are for the most part brillliant, resiliant, adaptable creatures. We survive things we don't think we can, climb personal mountains that sometimes looked just a little too high, swam oceans of crap that threaten to drown us and manage to hold on to that bottom rung of the ladder and haul ourselves up. We're all capable of doing it, even if we sometimes need to be reminded.

I know it's not easy and won't pretend otherwise, with a list of troubles, worries and personal demons of my own that would frighten Satan himself. I'm not one for quoting self-help books, lifestyle gurus and similar idiots who have never really known how bad life can get. All I know is that for every ten things that go wrong, claim that one thing that goes right as a victory - however small.

It's very likely that I may not have a job by the end of January, which could well see me lose damn near everything I've worked hard for. I've lost jobs before of course but never had so much at stake as I do now, so I will admit that it's brown trouser time for me. But for all the shit that's happened before, I've always come out the other side every single time and I plan to do it again if I have to.

So as much as I wish everyone a very happy New Year of course, I especially say it to anyone who's already dealing with or facing hard times, whether it be financially or emotionally, or whatever. I hope you find what you need to get by, can still manage to claim those little victories that are so vital to hold onto and that we all make it to the light at the end of our respective tunnels.

I wish you all a very happy, safe New Year for 2010. See you on the chat threads Big Grin

Thank you very much for my nomination in
Best Cap or Cap Set Of The Year 2013
for Dannii Harwood Posts 781 & 782

Tammy Oldham: You're fucking filthy!
Shady: You can talk!

31-12-2009 04:30
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rover Offline

RE: Happy New Year
Blimey Shady it sounds like you have been been to hell and back, Sorry to hear you you've had such a bad year(s) but you sound like a fighter to me and l know you will always come out on top l hope 2010 is a turning point for you and brings you only good things in life because it sounds like you deserve all the luck you can get.
Happy New Year mate.

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me,either. Just leave me alone.
31-12-2009 11:31
Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

Thanks Shady, I hope that 2010 brings a turnabout in fortune for you as 2009 turned my life back on the right track.

All the best mate...I'm routing for ya Smile
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2009 12:14 by Gaz "AV1" Aston.)
31-12-2009 12:13
skully Offline

I wish you all the best for the New Year, hopefully things will start going your way mate Smile

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
31-12-2009 13:26
Bunna Away
On Leave

I hope you have a better 2010 mate [Image: JC_cheers.gif]

Thank you and goodnight!
31-12-2009 13:46
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

Thanks lads. I'm still swinging punches and being a chap who doesn't like to lose, I know that even if I fall I'll get right back up again. Takes more than a wee credit crunch to get the better of me Big Grin I'm bloody lucky that I've got a good, supportive family, which is more than some folks have sadly. Got to keep positive eh?

And anyway...I'm sure it's my turn to win the lottery this weekend!

Big Laugh

I'll toast your collective health at midnight tonight. Cheers.

Thank you very much for my nomination in
Best Cap or Cap Set Of The Year 2013
for Dannii Harwood Posts 781 & 782

Tammy Oldham: You're fucking filthy!
Shady: You can talk!

(This post was last modified: 31-12-2009 15:11 by Shady.)
31-12-2009 15:10
adelmo Offline
pizza connection

happy new year Shady Cee
31-12-2009 15:49
mrwotzup Offline
...---...

Happy New Year Shady,I hope 2010 brings you good fortune,good health and every success mate. Smile
31-12-2009 16:03
stone cold Offline
that's the bottom line

happy new year Shady i hope 2010 brings you luck and fortune and every success mate
31-12-2009 18:57

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles