Thread Rating:
  • 49 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average

Sky 18 Plus Movies

Dennis Duvall Offline

Sky 18 Plus Movies
I noticed these Sky 18 Plus Movies were on offer at Xmas at £2.99. I knew they would almost certainly be rubbish, but I've always been someone who would try anything once so I decided to give it a go. I couldn't find any comments online at the time to inform me that they would be rubbish, so I decided to try for myself and see. Predictably they were rubbish and yes I should have known, but at least I tried and saw for myself. Just in case anyone else is foolish enough to succumb, you will actually do better by watching the free late night movies on the Sky movie channels (yes the Sky 18 Plus Movies was that bad, or at least the one I saw anyway). In case anyone misunderstands what I have written, I should point out I wasn't expecting hardcore, as I know you will never get that on any TV transmission, but I thought there was a chance at least of decent softcore.
05-01-2010 12:29
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dagnabbit Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Sky 18 Plus Movies
(05-01-2010 12:29 )Dennis D Wrote:  I noticed these Sky 18 Plus Movies were on offer at Xmas at £2.99. I knew they would almost certainly be rubbish, but I've always been someone who would try anything once so I decided to give it a go. I couldn't find any comments online at the time to inform me that they would be rubbish, so I decided to try for myself and see. Predictably they were rubbish and yes I should have known, but at least I tried and saw for myself. Just in case anyone else is foolish enough to succumb, you will actually do better by watching the free late night movies on the Sky movie channels (yes the Sky 18 Plus Movies was that bad, or at least the one I saw anyway). In case anyone misunderstands what I have written, I should point out I wasn't expecting hardcore, as I know you will never get that on any TV transmission, but I thought there was a chance at least of decent softcore.

yeah been there, done that and got the t shirt
and yes absolutely rubbish never again
anyway i think sky have now done away them
good riddance Smile
11-01-2010 00:46
mas0887 Offline
Herald of the Forum

Didn't the Lover's Guide ones show full on hardcore because they are 'learning' videos?

You're not for this world, this world is for you.
11-01-2010 02:22
mandafan Offline
Junior Poster

I worked in retail in the early 90s. The Lovers Guide was able to show hardcore scenes because it was "educational". We sold loads, plus a whole lot more "educational" sex videos. I watched them (purely for research, you understand) and most had scenes of white coated "experts" introducing various scenes. Charmaine Sinclair was in one, as I recall.

The 18+ channels have now gone from the EPG. I suspect it was because no-one was watching them. A lot of the films now turn up on channel 328 for free.
11-01-2010 17:16
BarrieBF Offline
Posting Machine

I think their big problem was that they never got any repeat custom, as by the sound of it none of their customers would ever have gone back for more.
11-01-2010 18:52
scottydawgz Offline
Junior Poster

actually, i used to watch the 5 minute previews now and then and from some of the previews there was infact a few that seemed to be quite hard-softcore (:
18-01-2010 23:22