Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average

Ofcom expose blog

StanTheMan Offline
Banned

Ofcom expose blog
I know there's a few of you here - IanG, Digital Dave, to name but two - who post regularly on all matters Ofcom, and I was wondering if those (and others) would be interested in submitting articles concerning Ofcom's treatment of the Babeshows for a blog.

I know there's already a similar blog (OfcomWatch), but this one would concentrate solely on Ofcom's babeshow regulations and rulings.

I would set the whole thing up and there'd be no obligation (or mithering from me) to submit articles.

Also, any views on whether there's any need for such a blog - considering most of its contents would be posted here too - would be appreciated.

Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2010 01:53 by StanTheMan.)
17-01-2010 01:53
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

RE: Ofcom expose blog
It seems like a pointless idea, since it will have no original content.
17-01-2010 05:08
IanG Offline
Senior Poster

(17-01-2010 05:08 )admiral decker Wrote:  It seems like a pointless idea, since it will have no original content.

The idea is hardly pointless decker, indeed, I believe it will be rather pointed...! Having a base to discuss Ofcom's rather bizarre flakey reasoning for denying us what was once perfectly acceptable adult entertainment (attracting almost no complaints whatsoever) only 5 years ago seems like a pretty good idea to me.

Are you aware for instance only 2 years before Ofcom's Code was published that the EU Commissioner told the French TV regulator (CSA) they could not ban R18-type material on exactly the same grounds Ofcom chose to use here in the UK? Why didn't Viviene Reding, the Comms Commissioner, tell Ofcom the same - i.e. to sod off and stop fucking about with our Human Rights?

Are you aware that the so-called 'status quo' re the R18 ban that Ofcom inherited from the ITC (and fought to maintain against all rational argument) was probably illegal to begin with?

Don't you think it strange that hardcore scenes in 18-rated movies can be broadcast on general entertainment channels but R18 is banned from subscription adult channels where people would expect to see explicit sex scenes and, thus, take precautions to protect their own children from inadvertent or unwanted exposure to it?

Ofcom have been let off the hook these past 5 years. The faults and falacies in their entire censorial argument need to be exposed publically and concertedly, and a dedicated blog seems the ideal place to do so.

We're going ahead with this anyway, 'pointless' in your opinion or not. Wink

5 years of unchallenged fines and Human Rights abuses based on sanctimonious bullshit is monsterous. Time to go fishing for justice I think.

A new dittie: The Buggers 2010 (Ofwatch slight return) http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid556229
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2010 21:37 by IanG.)
17-01-2010 21:37
Winston Wolfe Offline
AKA "Mr. Black"

(17-01-2010 21:37 )IanG Wrote:  
(17-01-2010 05:08 )admiral decker Wrote:  It seems like a pointless idea, since it will have no original content.

The idea is hardly pointless decker, indeed, I believe it will be rather pointed...!

I think what he's trying to say IanG, is that it would just be the same old issues repeated all the time... If it's all talk and no action, people get bored with it.

You have to be on the inside or in a position of power to change things, otherwise you just end up with a bunch of randoms organising protests that usually result in a free for all with the cops...

I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.
17-01-2010 22:11
colino Offline
Senior Poster

(17-01-2010 01:53 )StanTheMan Wrote:  I know there's a few of you here - IanG, Digital Dave, to name but two - who post regularly on all matters Ofcom, and I was wondering if those (and others) would be interested in submitting articles concerning Ofcom's treatment of the Babeshows for a blog.

I know there's already a similar blog (OfcomWatch), but this one would concentrate solely on Ofcom's babeshow regulations and rulings.

I would set the whole thing up and there'd be no obligation (or mithering from me) to submit articles.

Also, any views on whether there's any need for such a blog - considering most of its contents would be posted here too - would be appreciated.
Thanks.

The very fact that you felt the need to raise the question in your last sentence suggests that you yourself have doubts about it's worth.

Fact is it would just be yet another place to complain about something that none of us, even collectively, have the power to change. Admiral Decker was maybe a little blunt, but the point is still the same. The same group people complaining about the same thing two or three times over will still only achieve the same result, in this case, not much.

Sad, but true.
17-01-2010 22:40
aaron Online
Posting Machine

Admiral Decker is correct, you can't say anything there that you can't say here, so as he said it will have no original content.
17-01-2010 23:02
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

There previously was a blog that dealt with all things Ofcom/Babe Channel (as well as other things Babe Channel related):

http://babechannelsexposed.blogspot.com/...m%20Lunacy

However, it has been redundant since Jan '09.

Sadly, neither the channel bosses nor the Participation Broadcasters Trade Association seem to want the assistance of their viewers or customers in confronting or highlighting Ofcom issues.

But don't let this prevent you from starting such a thing. I would be more than happy to assist/contribute.
I think the reason why this is a good idea is because it could be a "one stop shop" for issues relating to Ofcom.
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2010 00:27 by vostok 1.)
18-01-2010 00:26
hahaha Offline
Banned

I was watching Fernanda on the day show earlier today and thought that these rules can't be that strict because you have girls like the the forementioned wearing almost completely unbuttoned shirts with the high probability that their nipples will be exposed. I am in no way complaining about that but surely it is far worse exposing nipples on a regular basis pre-watershed, than it would be showing a bit more than breasts on the night shows, especially considering that at night there are warnings and demonstrations in how to block those channels.

Also during the day they are technically not allowed to do anything that could be deemed 'sexual', however the way a lot of the women dress on the day shows and how they move around and touch themselves is nothing but sexual. I also find it very strange how tame some of the night shows have become, when you could flick over to say Virgin and Bravo, which are in the 'Entertainment' section and see full frontal nudity. The Babe Channels are in the 'Adult' section and yet we haven't see proper full frontal nudity for a couple of years. Plus, weren't those live shows on TVX, where the girls were naked but didn't do much else, banned?

By the way this may have already been done, but have any of the admin on here thought of creating petition or something and sending it to OFCOM?
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2010 02:14 by hahaha.)
18-01-2010 02:09
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

Quote:The very fact that you felt the need to raise the question in your last sentence suggests that you yourself have doubts about it's worth.

Quite so, Colin, I do have doubts. Understandably, I don't want to dedicate my time to a totaly pointless project.

However, the views so far expessed have been mixed enough for me to not disregard the idea just yet.

Thanks very much for the replies, everyone.
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2010 02:51 by StanTheMan.)
18-01-2010 02:50
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

If there is one establishment I hate more than any it's ofcom. Who are they to set guidelines to the babe channels in what is in effect a televised sexline and for that reason should be able to show full frontal, at least recently it would appear they have relaxed the rules slightly with full nudity now allowed so long as the intimate parts are hidden but it's still pretty tame stuff if you compare it to what you would see on one of the european channels such as sexysat. I'm sure there must be a legal loophole in the system to challenge ofcom as you can switch off all the adult channels in the parental control button so if any Mrs Cook out there or any other killjoy out there wish to complain about the channels they can fuck off and let us over 18's enjoy it as it's our god given human right to do so.
18-01-2010 04:36