Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average

An idea for the day channels regarding ofcom

Ducky Offline
Quack Quack Bitches!

An idea for the day channels regarding ofcom
It occured to me today that although some babechannels are going a bit too far, bluring the lines between what is acceptible daytime chat subject matter, why not try the following to appease offcom:

There is an active skye channel that has a recuring video about how to get the most out of sky tv. It has an instruction video about setting your personal planner ect...
Why not have inbetween show segments, a simple video like this instructing Parents how to go about setting the Adult channels so that when Dad isn't watching it, then they can lock the Adult channels out using their PIN number?
This is entirely possible, I've done it myself. That way when ofcom knock on Bob Paradiso or Archangel's door, they may be a little less reluctant to hand out warnings and fines.
Ofcom would have to then agree that the channel's producers have done all they can to insure that the viewing audience are over 18's and that would minimise any chance of anyone accidentally switching to the wrong channel either.

It is afterall, the viewing public's choice as to what type of show content is available.

That's my opinion anyway. Just an idea is all.

The wonderful, sexy, Reed Amber, is now on OnlyFans!
https://onlyfans.com/reedamberx
She is a Studio66 Legend!
AND she also has a dedicated Foot Fetish OnlyFans page, too,
https://onlyfans.com/feetandmore
05-02-2010 17:02
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

RE: An idea for the day channels regarding ofcom
Great idea.

They could fill down time with this, so the next time they receive a complaint, the channel could offer a counter-argument stating that "we promote pin protection for X amount of hours every week."
05-02-2010 20:36
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

The best thing these channels can do is to gang up on Ofcom and finally take the fuckers on. Instead, it seems to me that these channels would rather spend their time grassing each other up! Rolleyes
05-02-2010 20:42
Hollywood PillowPants Offline
p.W.o 4 LIFE!!!

I totally agree,instead of the babechannels grassing each other up (which totally smacks of cutting your nose off to spite your face) and bringing even more attention on themselves,a little bit of communication and mutual self-regulating of the situation would go a long way to appeasing the idiots of ofcom,and in the long run save the channels a lot of money.

""This show's about as interesting as Nick Griffin reading excerpts from 'Mein Kampf'!"
05-02-2010 21:28
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(05-02-2010 17:02 )Emmaspuppy Wrote:  Why not have inbetween show segments, a simple video like this instructing Parents how to go about setting the Adult channels so that when Dad isn't watching it, then they can lock the Adult channels out using their PIN number?
This is entirely possible, I've done it myself. That way when ofcom knock on Bob Paradiso or Archangel's door, they may be a little less reluctant to hand out warnings and fines.
Ofcom would have to then agree that the channel's producers have done all they can to insure that the viewing audience are over 18's and that would minimise any chance of anyone accidentally switching to the wrong channel either.

It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. Bangbabes and Babestation have been doing this on the nightshows for months now and I don't see a marked difference in their output compared with the channels that don't do it.

Also, if the channels started doing this they would effectively be admitting to Ofcom that they wanted to include adult content during the days. Ofcom would rightly ask why they feel it necessary to show people how to lock out their daytime shows when there shouldn't be anything on during the days that would cause offence in the first place.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2010 21:33 by StanTheMan.)
05-02-2010 21:31
DanVox Offline
Senior Poster

It will make fuck all difference because Ofcom will claim that the channels are watched by teenagers whose parents don't even know they exist (the channels, not the teenagers).

What would work would be for Sky to ship Sykboxes with the adult section locked out, and a PIN that is not easily guessable. That way if anyone gets to see the channels its because a responsible adult has deliberately removed PIN protection. A minor inconvenience but only needs to be done once.

It would cost Sky approximately zero to do this.

Ofcom could order Sky to lock the Adult section by default. By saying these channels pose a risk to children and NOT making section locked in new boxes Ofcom is jointly responsible for anything that happens.
06-02-2010 01:49
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

Is this how it works? Mum blocks the channels by entering the pin, she then goes to bed as she has yet another headache. Dad then decides to remove the pin so he can watch the channels. After having a wank he goes to bed, however, he forgets to set the pin. Son then enjoys access to the wonderful world that is the babe channels, but mum finds out he's been wanking over these shows, so she complains to Ofcom, who then fine the shows. Wink

Blame the wives who don't give their husbands enough sex is what I say. Wink
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2010 02:24 by Chilly.)
06-02-2010 02:20