Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 2.76 Average

BACVA Needs Your Help!

MARCCE Offline
Senior Poster

RE: BACVA Needs Your Help!
(20-02-2010 13:23 )stoly Wrote:  I think they are just meant to be examples of what the blog will look like.

Perhaps but he was on one of the other threads the other day going on about only 4 contributions being made to it. Thought that would have meant it was up and running already.
20-02-2010 17:06
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(20-02-2010 17:06 )MARCCE Wrote:  
(20-02-2010 13:23 )stoly Wrote:  I think they are just meant to be examples of what the blog will look like.

Perhaps but he was on one of the other threads the other day going on about only 4 contributions being made to it. Thought that would have meant it was up and running already.

MARCCE, I'd like the blog to have been up and running, but lack of interest (in the blog, not the subject) means I haven't got any material to put on there. The four contributions you talk of aren't contributions at all, I was referring to the posts so far (at that point) to this thread. I don't simply want to lift posts from babeshow.co.uk. Apart from not having the permission to do so from the forum and those that made them, I'd like to have some exclusive content on there.

And stoly is perfectly correct. The latin is just dummy text (standard practice when building websites/blogs), to help me visulaise how things will look.

The blog has now been given a complete overhaul - a far more professional look. The dummy text is still there, but I will be putting a post explaining things more tomorrow.

Kenilo, thanks for the encouragment and thanks also to everyone else that's posted on this thread so far Smile
21-02-2010 00:15
MARCCE Offline
Senior Poster

(21-02-2010 00:15 )StanTheMan Wrote:  MARCCE, I'd like the blog to have been up and running, but lack of interest (in the blog, not the subject) means I haven't got any material to put on there. The four contributions you talk of aren't contributions at all, I was referring to the posts so far (at that point) to this thread. I don't simply want to lift posts from babeshow.co.uk. Apart from not having the permission to do so from the forum and those that made them, I'd like to have some exclusive content on there.

And stoly is perfectly correct. The latin is just dummy text (standard practice when building websites/blogs), to help me visulaise how things will look.

The blog has now been given a complete overhaul - a far more professional look. The dummy text is still there, but I will be putting a post explaining things more tomorrow.

Kenilo, thanks for the encouragment and thanks also to everyone else that's posted on this thread so far Smile

Cheers for explaining that. Wouldn't get too bothered about the perceived lack of interest. When something is up and running the interest levels will grow.
21-02-2010 13:24
Sootbag1 Offline
Senior Poster

I defo think it's a good idea Stan, and would be happy to contribute when it's up and running - just give me the word.

Any topic/discussion ideas you'd like a persepective on? (PM me if need be). Wanna help you make this a success mate, because the cause needs it!
21-02-2010 21:20
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

Thank you so much for the encourgement and offer of help, to both MARCCE and Sootbag, and to anyone else that's done likewise.

I do feel like a bit of a spoilt brat now. It must seem like I'm whinging just because everyone didn't jump to attention when I announced this. I didn't mean to give that impression, it's just that I'm an impatient bugger and think that now is a great time to do something positive about Ofcom's human rights abuses.

As for contributions. If you feel you have anything to offer, just stick it in my PM box whenever you're ready.

Thanks again.
21-02-2010 23:47
Sootbag1 Offline
Senior Poster

No need to apologise Stan - we all need a kick in the arse sometimes to get us going. Big Grin

I know you decided to call the forum BACVA, but I was wondering, given the subject matter's attraction to us all, wouldn't you have done better to call it the:

'Watchers of Adult Networks Keeping Excesive Regulation Sensible'??

Just a thought! Bounce
22-02-2010 20:30
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

I like it. I'm just not sure the argument would be taken quite as seriously with a name like that Smile
22-02-2010 21:15
donnafan913 Offline
Senior Poster

ofcom have published the responces to the recent ptv3 consultation. Not sure if anyone else has posted

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/...esponses1/
23-02-2010 14:50
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

My suggestion to the group and to Ofcom would be to force all free to air/view late night boadcasters to do as Bangbabes does on it's channels, to play a video showing any parent etc who wants to block these channels how to do it in a simple and informative way.

Therefore it would be the parents responibility to police what their children watch rather than Ofcom!!
25-02-2010 17:08
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(25-02-2010 17:08 )mikedafc Wrote:  My suggestion to the group and to Ofcom would be to force all free to air/view late night boadcasters to do as Bangbabes does on it's channels, to play a video showing any parent etc who wants to block these channels how to do it in a simple and informative way.

Therefore it would be the parents responibility to police what their children watch rather than Ofcom!!

A good idea, mike, but in that Bangbabes already do this (as you mentioned) and they're not allowed to get away with stronger material, I fear it would be litle more than a gesture for now.
25-02-2010 20:10