Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.31 Average

Too good to last....

Ali Bongo Offline
Apprentice Poster

Too good to last....
So, Amanda has to "disappear" for five minutes and reappear with a pair of knickers on under her "too revealing" fishnet outfit.

What I want to know is what exactly happens there. Does somebody from Offcom contact Bang Babes and say "that's too naughty", or does someone in the production team, having previously thought "we can get away with this", suddenly get cold feet?

If the latter, then isn't the problem a lack of precise enough guidelines?

The way I see it is that Amanda wasn't showing anything that a well adjusted adult can't cope with - and at half-past eleven kids aren't going to be watching, so why should there be a problem? I'm a fifty something year old, happily married man. I know what a pussy looks like, tastes like, etc, etc. Amanda wasn't naked from the waist down, legs at quarter to three - just showing enough for a pleasant turn on, which is surely what it's all about...

So come on, Offcom, be crystal clear and think of the audience - after all, if David Dimbleby's excellent documentary series, 'The Seven Ages of Britain' can show an explicitly drawn vulva between nine and ten in the name of "culture", then surely a late night sexual entertainment can contain non-explicit images of the same thing?

It's this basic absence of logic that annoys me - you can have all the swearing you like (or don't like), as long as it's sanctified by drama or comedy, you can have explicit nudity, again if sanctified by "art", and you can have no end of gratuitous, sadistic violence in the name of entertainment, but you can't allow even a hint of female genitalia for the purpose of harmless titillation, presumably because you might get a letter of complaint once in a blue moon from some Daily Mail reader who happens accidentally to press the wrong button on their remote. It's just ridiculous.

Rant over.
07-03-2010 23:59
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SCIROCCO Offline
Banned

RE: Too good to last....
I was absolutely gutted when this happened. Looks like the channels are censoring themselves now. Pathetic.
08-03-2010 17:55
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(08-03-2010 17:55 )SCIROCCO Wrote:  Looks like the channels are censoring themselves now. Pathetic.

I'm afraid a girl disappearing and returning in a 'safer' pair of knickers is nothing new, SCIROCCO.
08-03-2010 18:01
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(08-03-2010 17:55 )SCIROCCO Wrote:  I was absolutely gutted when this happened. Looks like the channels are censoring themselves now. Pathetic.

Its not surprising if you read the latest Ofcom bulletin out today.
Bang Media are in big trouble.
http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid368279
08-03-2010 18:03
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

As it says in the above broadcast bulletin, the "Lollipop incident" resulted in the producer that was working on the night getting fired, so you can understand the people behind the camera showing caution from now on.
09-03-2010 16:24
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(08-03-2010 18:03 )TheWatcher Wrote:  Its not surprising if you read the latest Ofcom bulletin out today.

I think they should be applauded for refusing to kowtow to these kunts. What price they'll be paying for such defiance remains to be seen, however.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2010 17:47 by StanTheMan.)
10-03-2010 17:46
Digital Dave Away
Retired

(10-03-2010 17:46 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(08-03-2010 18:03 )TheWatcher Wrote:  Its not surprising if you read the latest Ofcom bulletin out today.

I think they should be applauded for refusing to kowtow to these kunts. What price they'll be paying for such defiance remains to be seen, however.

It's extremely unfortunate timing for Bang Media as they are about to rent three channels from Playboy in addition to their current stable, making them the biggest player in the 900s in terms of number of channels.

A substantial fine would hit them at the worst possible time, ie. just when they're financing a major expansion. Perhaps they've nothing to lose but dig their heels in and refuse to roll over this time?

There's enough material on this forum to assist in demolishing Ofcom's 'arguments' and help their own case. Probably best to use this forum as a resource than just rely on the very expensive and seemingly incompetent lawyers that the babe channels have used so far.
10-03-2010 18:20