* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 26 Vote(s) - 3.31 Average

Phones on BSXtra - Yes or No?

simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

RE: Phones on BSXtra - Yes or No?
bangbabes, elite, tvx, paradiso, sportxxx, babeworld, ...NONE of these need to have someone reading texts or telling the nation about some kid's wang so do BS really need to?
I think we can probably say it was an experimental format that worked for a while when it was being done how the viewers liked it but lost its way. I would put interaction down to the history of babe channels that will never be resurected along with use of dildo's and other props......in 6 months time we will have forgotten all about it
05-04-2010 12:38
Find all posts by this user
Chico Offline
Senior Poster

You can't criticise Cellcast for the way they do business - it's why they are top of the game and always have been. As others have said, the format may have had potential, but it quickly devolved into wang-rating and pointlessly scrawling names on a whiteboard, and there's no point wasting a channel on that when they could be raking in more revenue by putting on a girl to take calls. It's better for the viewers as well - I would rather see Ella gyrating with her tits out than Geri saying that Dave's cock is nice. Also quite a lot of the girls were just plain bad at presenting which made for bad TV.
05-04-2010 12:46
rawr1 Offline
Que?

(05-04-2010 12:46 )Chico Wrote:  You can't criticise Cellcast for the way they do business - it's why they are top of the game and always have been.

Hiiiiighly debatable point of view there. True or not, is being the most polished turd really an achievement worthy of praise? Smile

Putting aside the irritating verbal and on screen advertising for MMS services, mediocre 3G cams, half arsed, overpriced websites and all that bollocks - Let me just pose an open question. If, at the core, these channels are by nature highly censored and mostly non-interactive - what exactly is their purpose as a TV entity?
Given that it is 2010, not 1990, and the vast majority of horny men/women looking for a quick fix have the internet and are able to search for 99% uncensored, private, higher quality, competitively priced, cam-to-cam websites - what sets the 900 channels apart from their competitors?

To my eyes these channels have only one strength over their internet equivalents - mass interactivity eg. MMS request shows. This is a totally complimentary revenue stream to the current business models and in many respects a new consumer base to engage with and all that is required is a little thought and effort into its application, since all the tech is already in place. None of the current batch of channels pay anything but lip service to this approach or make such a half arsed effort at it (re: BSXtra) that in the past it has sadly been destined to fail.

You're on TV, get people involved. Tongue
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2010 17:34 by rawr1.)
05-04-2010 17:31
Plankton Offline
Junior Poster

I think you're SPOT ON - the vast majority of the interactive audience have no interest in getting on the phonelines, and the potential in this audience has barely been tapped.
By making BSX a fourth phonesex show they're just robbing Peter to pay Paul. They'll make a little extra money through listeners-in (especially when they employ the fake 'Girl-Caller' tricks), but the real callers are just people who would otherwise have phoned BS1, BS2 or PL anyway.

I'm sure BSX's profits will seem to have improved, but I doubt the company as a whole will be making any more money, and they will have lost the interactive revenue stream.

Ultimately Cellcast seem to look for the short-term profits, and have very little view of the long-term. To keep a show like Babestation Xtra running properly requires too much imagination and effort compared to just sticking a girl on a bed. Shame.

(05-04-2010 17:31 )rawr1 Wrote:  Putting aside the irritating verbal and on screen advertising for MMS services, mediocre 3G cams, half arsed, overpriced websites and all that bollocks - Let me just pose an open question. If, at the core, these channels are by nature highly censored and mostly non-interactive - what exactly is their purpose as a TV entity?
Given that it is 2010, not 1990, and the vast majority of horny men/women looking for a quick fix have the internet and are able to search for 99% uncensored, private, higher quality, competitively priced, cam-to-cam websites - what sets the 900 channels apart from their competitors?

To my eyes these channels have only one strength over their internet equivalents - mass interactivity eg. MMS request shows. This is a totally complimentary revenue stream to the current business models and in many respects a new consumer base to engage with and all that is required is a little thought and effort into its application, since all the tech is already in place. None of the current batch of channels pay anything but lip service to this approach or make such a half arsed effort at it (re: BSXtra) that in the past it has sadly been destined to fail.

You're on TV, get people involved. Tongue
06-04-2010 11:32
Ally4Paige Offline
I luv Paige!!!!!

Hi guys

Although I was not watching the shows right from the start last night I was channel hopping and on at least a couple of occasions I saw Karina Currie on BSX just lying there with no-one to talk to and I am also sure I heard her asking where everyone had gone too!! I heard this and thought that this might teach the bosses a lesson - don't meddle too much or you will pay the penalty!!

ON A MISSION TO ERADICATE BLACKBOXITUS FROM OUR TV SCREENS FOREVER!!
06-04-2010 11:52
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

I didn't watch much last night either but on one of my visits to BSXtra Kandi interrupted her call to deal with a picture sent in by a previous caller, which raises two points. First, the fact that they saw the need to break into a call to feature an incoming message suggests that people are so fed up with the situation that very few are now bothering to contact the show. Second, Kandi spoke for a fair while about that pic - was the waiting caller still paying for that time? She said he had agreed to the interruption but if viewers see that happening too often it will be another reason to have second thoughts about even phoning in.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2010 13:24 by vila.)
06-04-2010 13:24
OSSETTLAD Offline
Account closed

Well lets face it the bosses have just screwed the show up so much that no one is bothering to watch it theres just no fun anymore just a girl on the phone like the other channels now. People may not know there is a phone on BSXTRA because they always watch the other 3 channels plus they most probably do not know that it is just a phone line now on there so bosses are now seeing the show backfiring on themlaugh. As I have said before they could not have screwed it up any better if they triedImportant.laugh
06-04-2010 16:07
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

(06-04-2010 13:24 )vila Wrote:  was the waiting caller still paying for that time?

i should think he/she had nipped outside for a fag Wink never mind the money spent whilst on hold eh.
if that was a real situation the caller would either be pretty pissed off and making a complaint or have finished doing his business while he was waiting Smile leaving poor kandi nobody to talk to until the next 'girl caller'
06-04-2010 18:13
zola Offline
Posting Machine

Get rid of the phones on bSxtra and bring back the 2 presenters reading txtx.

Its boring otherwise. annoyed
06-04-2010 18:13
Paulie69 Offline
Anastasia Fan

If any of the bosses do read this forum, the viewers have spoken...
06-04-2010 19:26
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV