Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average

Bluebird - Channel Research: Encrypted Content

aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

RE: Bluebird - Channel Research: Encrypted Content
Well like I said in post #22, The reason pay-per-night didn't work the last time someone tried this, is because they priced themselves out of the market. Nobody is going to pay £5 per night on a regular basis.

They may start out paying it, but before long, you will suddenly find you viewers leaving in droves. And as for advertising who's going to be on and when, so people can watch who they like, what if your showing a new girl or someone the viewer doesn't know. Who's going to shell out £5 just to be disappointed.

Why don't you just have both options available. The casual viewer who only watches once or twice a month can use the pay-per-night option. But regular viewer who watches more than 5-6 nights a month can choose the pay-per-month option. At least that way you cater for all.
07-04-2010 08:29
Find all posts by this user
BLUEBIRD OFFICIAL Away
. . . .

(07-04-2010 08:29 )aceman65 Wrote:  Well like I said in post #22, The reason pay-per-night didn't work the last time someone tried this, is because they priced themselves out of the market. Nobody is going to pay £5 per night on a regular basis.

They may start out paying it, but before long, you will suddenly find you viewers leaving in droves. And as for advertising who's going to be on and when, so people can watch who they like, what if your showing a new girl or someone the viewer doesn't know. Who's going to shell out £5 just to be disappointed.

Why don't you just have both options available. The casual viewer who only watches once or twice a month can use the pay-per-night option. But regular viewer who watches more than 5-6 nights a month can choose the pay-per-month option. At least that way you cater for all.

That's very well put. Thanks
07-04-2010 09:06
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
gator8 Offline
Senior Poster

I'm sure you are planning on putting out a great channel that you want people to watch.If it is great then viewers will want to tune in to it on a regular basis,say at least 3 times a week.If this is only available on a pay- per-night this will become very expensive and so having a pay-per-month as well will be a better option for those viewers.
07-04-2010 09:39
sharinel Offline
Senior Poster

(07-04-2010 05:39 )BLUEBIRD OFFICIAL Wrote:  Guys: following up on one of the points that's come up.

Please help us understand why monthly subs are preferred to daily subs ?

Basically the big problem is cost and what your competitors charge. You stated in the other thread that your encrypted strength will be on a par with tvx/playboy ( as no one seems prepared to challenge Ofcoms interpretation of the law, but thats another rant ) You would need to charge in the ballpark figure that they do which comes out to about 15 quid a month for multiple channels.
Are you happy to charge 50p per night if you go down the daily sub route? I would suggest thats unworkable even simply from a 'collectings fees' point of view. Visa or the like would take up a huge chunk of that just in charges. So in reality you need to charge more per night than your competitors do for no increase in strength of the show, and that my friend is a seriously dodgy business case.

On a slight tangent though and this is something that I am remembering dimly from ages ago but dont Ofcom treat phone in shows differently from non-phone in, in regards to what you are allowed to see? Are your encrypted channels able to have punters phoning the girls? If so theres your revenue stream and you should charge a token amount per month for access to the channel. If not, a monthly fee of 15-20 quid with a £5 per night alternative would probably be something workable.
07-04-2010 11:16
mrben Offline
Senior Poster

the idea of being able to hear the babes (not the callers) is a good one. i would be infinitely more inclined to pay if i can hear them. although i guess it may be a non starter if it discourages people from phoning in. on the subject of ppv vs subs it all depends on the pricing. £10 - £15 per month would be my max. per night i think about £3.50ish is reasonable but obviously the cheaper it is the more often i'd buy. £2.50 a night would get a lot of regular repeat customers. i suppose the price dictates the number of viewers & vice versa so its all about research, number crunching & some trial & error. hope it works out well for u (& cheap for us). looking forward to it.
07-04-2010 11:30
Bikini Inspector Offline
Bikini Inspector

Apologies, I thought you were proposing a 7 night per week naked g/g chat station, hence the suggested monthly subscription. What your actually proposing is a pay-nightly soft-sex channel to compliment your free-to-air channel, which is quite different and on that basis I agree that a monthly subscription probably wouldn't work.

There are a number of problems with pay-nightly though. Personally I like to channel hop but having paid I would feel obliged to stay with your channel all night and therefore probably less inclined to subscribe in the first place. Each time I want to watch you'd be asking me to make a buying decision and each time I'll be thinking is it worth it. If you have a bad night I'm going to be even less inclinded to buy the following week and if I've just come back from the pub I'm not likely to pay for half a show.

If instead it were a 7 night a week channel with a monthly subscription, I wouldn't have a buying decision to make each time I wanted to watch. Surely this must be an advantageous to you, for example, I subscribed to the Man Utd channel for 1 month, 2 years on I'm still paying. If you have a bad night, I'll be thinking tomorrow night might be better, if not the night after - the point being I'm unlikely to cancel once I've subcribed. If I've been out, I can still catch the last hour without feeling cheated into paying full price for half a show. Pay-nightly might work if it was limited to one night per week but any more and I'd soon get pissed off paying even £5 a night and even more pissed off at the thought of missing out on something if I didn't!

I think there is a general perception that a 7 night per week channel with a monthly subscription of say £29.95 per month and mid-week content consisting of LIVE naked girls and g/g at the weekend would offer better value than paying £5 - £10 per night a once or twice a week. Basically we want mid-week pussy at a reasonable price and something special for the weekend! I'm sure the girls won't object once you explain market forces (lol).

P.S. I don't want to hear Holly James commentating, I wanna see her getting F*****!
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2010 18:54 by Bikini Inspector.)
07-04-2010 13:41
kasone Offline
Junior Poster

What about a daytime encrypted show? Can you go topless if you did have a daytime show or cant you because of the watershed and Ofcom setting it to 9pm.
08-04-2010 10:56
dace Offline
Senior Poster

I think an interactive monthly subscription with phone girls and "live shows" etc (i.e. 10-11 pm girl girl show, then fully nude phone chat through the night) would be a winning formula that I would be willing to part with my precious cash for
11-04-2010 11:36
rightcalf Offline
Senior Poster

If a webshow why not do what Adultlive did. For a £5 SMS you would get a password for 24 hours membership which obviously included hard core
12-04-2010 07:13
HEX!T Away
Retired

again with the over hyping... even encrypted they cant show hardcore. but they will tell you it is. its utter bollix.
pay per month? are you mad. after the first night you would want yer money back.
nude chat, doing boy/girl has already been tryed and on a monthly sub 2, it lasted 3 months and failed. admitedly they were an internet outfit but they did spam a load of forums like this and still couldnt get enough money in to pay the staff, never mind the stars. and yeah there shows were fully hardcore with angles and cumshots, you cant compete with that on tv...

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
14-04-2010 15:41
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV