Thread Rating:
  • 44 Vote(s) - 2.57 Average

Afroman - Chat, Caps & Vids

geoffh Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Afroman - Chat, Caps & Vids
(27-10-2018 20:27 )Robot Devil Wrote:  I'm staggered beyond belief that there are 21 pages dedicated to this irrelevance and his on-screen antics. Seriously guys - 21 PAGES?!? That anyone could be THAT interested in him speaks volumes.

Back in the day Afroman was the only backroom person you actually could interact with. Mr P from babestation was not as consistent 8-10 years ago
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2018 10:33 by geoffh.)
28-10-2018 10:32
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

So? Why would anyone want to 'interact' with him? This is - if I may say it bluntly - a forum dedicated to wanking over girls, no? Yet there's been SO much interest in one bloke that 22 pages have assembled. 22?!? Lunacy.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
28-10-2018 10:42
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

^ I see where you're coming from on this RD but consider, Afroman was just about the only production person I can ever remember in 10 years watching the shows that made a decent reputation for himself with punters (where it matters) for what he brought to the shows. It's not about interacting with him or anyone else behind the camera, it's about what they can bring to the table.

Like it or not, wank fodder or not, a good cameraman can bring so much to any session (I think we can forgive this guy the lacks lighting last night; he probably had a drink in his other hand - at least figuratively - as there seems to have been one of 66's notorious parties going on Rolleyes ). There's a reason why production personelle get credited on regular TV shows - their contribution is recognised and their reputation comes from it. Why should that not apply here? Just because guys wank over this stuff? By denying any outside contribution to the eroticism of a show you're actually buying into the stigma hypocritical politicians, religious nuts and the feminist left attach to Adult fare - something that obviously contributes to people that work behind the scenes on the shows not wanting their names attached to them in public.

22 pages over 8 years is hardly a big deal in the grand scheme of things is it, particularly when most posts look to be of the requisite tongue in cheek nature.

I actually think it's a shame there are not more cameraman known for contributing to good shows on here. Surely that is what we want - good shows? Provided they steer clear of usurping the user's cruial position by being seen by the camera to be actually interacting with the shows (BS' MrP concept I'm looking at you Huh ), why shouldn't that contribution be remarked on and valued? If their work was more widely associated with the individual (I'm not talking about those that just knock the camera 6 inches to the left of course but those who adopt the ersatz place of the user in intimacy with the babe) it would help the user make judgements on where to put money IMO. The dedicated punter could even welcome a particular cameraman for his upcoming interaction - if he thinks he is going to get better VFM out of it because he recognises this one as a guy that's done good work previously behind the lens.

That seems more unlikely than ever these days though with less and less cameramen being used as a rule. In that way Afroman's departure should perhaps be mourned as another nail in the coffin of the old style performance driven to main camera type shows. If only this pattern could be reversed we might be a healthier step nearer to some rivival fit for the upcoming true internet era and AV's arrival. Better production would help the shows no end in that more deeply competitive marketplace.

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2018 12:00 by ShandyHand.)
28-10-2018 11:35
Robot Devil Offline

Shandy, mate, he is JUST a cameraman though. It's hardly a Kurasawa-esque degree of skill on display. He just had to ensure the girls were in shot.

We all know that there are people behind the scenes that are important to the end product, but it's hardly necessary to spotlight it. Isn't it enough to expect them to be good at their jobs? Each to their own, I guess, just baffles me that their could be SUCH interest in him.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
28-10-2018 12:52
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

^ POV work, for instance (something Afroman was known for at one time), is not 'just' a cameraman. That requires a certain skill and affinity, connection, to what they are trying to achieve. A connection to what the audience is looking for - in order to both fulfill and deny it at times. It's a good bit more than correct framing - or should be. Not Kafka in anyway I agree, I never suggested as much, but this guy's work stood out at times in years gone - there's no denying that. (There's also the no way inconsiderable matter of what such an experienced hand can instill in the nervous raw talent he might find in front of him - as Afroman did with Lola in her early time at 66.) Hence this this thread. And IMO there's no denying that if there were more like this guy we would have better shows as a result.

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
28-10-2018 13:07
Robot Devil Offline

The thing is this thread only came about because his bloody came into screen several times. Then more. And more. And MORE. It was like a babe channels version of 'Where's Wally?'

Nobody was talking about his skills with a camera.

It's not important, I know, just confounds me the irritant garnered such interest.

28-10-2018 13:20
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

(28-10-2018 13:07 )ShandyHand Wrote:  ^ POV work, for instance (something Afroman was known for at one time), is not 'just' a cameraman. That requires a certain skill and affinity, connection, to what they are trying to achieve. A connection to what the audience is looking for - in order to both fulfill and deny it at times. It's a good bit more than correct framing - or should be. Not Kafka in anyway I agree, I never suggested as much, but this guy's work stood out at times in years gone - there's no denying that. (There's also the no way inconsiderable matter of what such an experienced hand can instill in the nervous raw talent he might find in front of him - as Afroman did with Lola in her early time at 66.) Hence this this thread. And IMO there's no denying that if there were more like this guy we would have better shows as a result.

Agree Afroman made the shows he was working on the better for whatever babe he was with

Piper Niven Superfan
28-10-2018 17:56