gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 2.72 Average

Missing rep

thefred Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Missing rep
(16-01-2012 01:48 )aceman65 Wrote:  My last rep is an example. he didn't rep me for any post I'd made, just because I'd repped him. Total farse.

Sooner or later I'd have repped you anyway but if someone's repping me I always read some posts of this person before I post the rep.
I won't rep a completely moron just for giving me one before.

I think a forum is fun and not all things should be taken that serious. laugh
19-01-2012 17:21
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

(19-01-2012 16:42 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  On the subject of giving out negative reps this is something I personally don't do unless somebody else has done it to me then they'll get one back in return, I've got 2 against me for no justifiable reason. Even when somebody has pissed me off badly I will allways choose to resolve the issue on an open forum or private message rather than resorting to dirty underhand tactics, giving our negative reps should only be reserved for extreme circumstances as it really achieves nothing other than trying to kick another forum member down. In my opinion I think we should only be allowed to give out positive reps and if we for some reason or another no longer think the forum member is still deserving of the rep we gave them then just simply go back in and delete the rating. That's only my view because personally speaking giving out negative reps to a fellow member can really cause a lot of tension on the forum and all it achieves is making enemys which otherwise could have been avoided bladewave

Well as somebody who gave you a neg rep, it was very justifiable which is quite proven by you neg rep back(which just shows what kind of person you are IMO)

If you're happy to receive pos reps then take a neg like a man

Tumblr - Suicide Girls
19-01-2012 17:47
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ExtremelyCritical Away
Objection!

"Yes I have over 100 Rep on a Internet Forum!"

"........so what?"

"Nooo, I don't have any Rep!"

"Who cares? What you want me to do? pity you?"
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2012 19:18 by ExtremelyCritical.)
19-01-2012 19:12
anchorman Offline
Account Closed

(16-01-2012 01:48 )aceman65 Wrote:  My last rep is an example. he didn't rep me for any post I'd made, just because I'd repped him. Total farse.

Scrap the whole system. As it is never going to work as you intended.

Just to get this right,you would prefer if the guy that you repped didn't rep you back?
19-01-2012 19:35
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Well I see gaz you have 6 negatives against you as opposed to my mere 2 Big Laugh plus the only reason you have a balanced total of 91 is for your capping abilty, nothing else as your abilty on posting opinions is er ropey to say the least laugh
19-01-2012 20:34
eagle_si Offline
Account Closed

(19-01-2012 20:34 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Well I see gaz you have 6 negatives against you as opposed to my mere 2 Big Laugh plus the only reason you have a balanced total of 91 is for your capping abilty, nothing else as your abilty on posting opinions is er ropey to say the least laugh

How can someone's ability on posting opinions be ropey? I suppose if they sit on the fence all the time ...
Anyway, he deserves every positive rep he gets purely for his opinion of Hannah Martin Big Grin

Favourite babes remaining: Hannah Martin, Abbey B, Clare Richards, Paige Green, Becky Roberts, Abbee Kimberly, Electra
19-01-2012 20:44
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

(19-01-2012 20:34 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Well I see gaz you have 6 negatives against you as opposed to my mere 2 Big Laugh plus the only reason you have a balanced total of 91 is for your capping abilty, nothing else as your abilty on posting opinions is er ropey to say the least laugh

Well lets have a look at your rep. oh look the majority is in return for giving rep (oh and five of my neg reps are from users like yourself who was so hurt by receiving a neg rep, they had to give one back) Wink

Tumblr - Suicide Girls
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2012 20:53 by gazfc.)
19-01-2012 20:52
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Captain Vimes Offline
Deus Ex Machina

I have no negative reps against me.

You want to know why?

It is because I am brilliant. I have taken survey of one on this issue and the result came back that I am brilliant.

I'm upset for you mere mortals battling amongst yourselves about your worth.

Did I mention I'm brilliant. Big Grin
19-01-2012 20:52
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(16-01-2012 01:48 )aceman65 Wrote:  Sorry Admin but your intentions were fine but the results are corupt. You might as well just scrap the whole rep system, as it means nothing in regards contributions to the forum, or help given.

My last rep is an example. he didn't rep me for any post I'd made, just because I'd repped him. Total farse.

Scrap the whole system. As it is never going to work as you intended.

On my forum, we don't use rep at all, we rely on thanks as a clearer indication of someones contribution to the forum as a whole.
There is a thanks hack here which could do the same, you read a post you like, you thank it, the more thanks you get, the more valuable a forum member you must be.
We have a further refinement where the thanks given and recieved is displayed under the username on posts, like rep currently is, so everyone can see it easier, I don't know if mybb can do that, but it shouldn't be a major effort to write the code if it doesn't exist yet.

munch

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
19-01-2012 20:56
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Very valid point munch, and this now opens up another debate, to thank or not to thank (please nobody start up another thread on that next) Big Laugh generally speaking the thumb rule is you thank another poster if he has thanked you for your post, out of courtesy more than anything, mind you it can piss you off if you've just constructed what you thought to be a great post and to not get thanked once, whilst somebody else simply post's LOL and a smiley face and get's about 10 thanks. But interesting point on reputation could be based also on the number of thanks you get, much to ponder over. Oh and PS Gaz if I'm such a lousy poster how come I was nominated for 2 awards at the end of last year, with them being, most entertaining poster of the year and best broadcasting writer of the year, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it, how many were you up for, a big fat 0 (unless spammer of the year was one of the catagories) Big Laugh it say's it all Cool
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2012 21:10 by Scottishbloke.)
19-01-2012 21:04

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles