Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average

Cap Posting : Thumbnail v's Fullsize | Excessive Quantity

Chimpy Offline
Damn Dirty Ape!

RE: Thumbnail v's Fullsize
See i like thumbnails,but i also like fullsize pics, theres only one thing for it.......FIGHT!!!!!!! Tongue

And now he's home... and we're laughing...like we always did...
05-05-2010 21:32
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

RE: Thumbnail v's Fullsize
Aint nobody gonna tell me how to post my caps Wink

I shall rebel against any rules brought in..... Big Grin

06-05-2010 05:59
tapit54 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Cap Posting : Thumbnail v's Fullsize | Excessive Quantity
First of all I would like to say that this post is a personal attack on anyone one the forum, its just a suggestion as to how to speed things up.

I have recently come across one post that had 77 thumbnails in it, basically it was a cap of every breath the babe took on the show.
While I very much appreciate the effort that the cappers take, I feel that for those of us who have slow connections, it just takes too long for pages with this kind of content to load.
Would it not be better for everyone if say there were just a few caps posted and then have a link to a library containing the remainder?

Thanks.
14-07-2010 22:57
eagle_si Offline
Account Closed

As a capper myself, I feel I should say something on this topic.
Personally I use imagevenue to host my caps, as it was the one used in the tutorial on this site. My posts contain thumbnails, and I have thought about whether it would be better to do full size images. I decided to stick with the current approach because I think it's good to have a variety. Maybe there should just be a limit on the number of caps per post.
One thing that does bug me, though, is when the caps are strung out down the page without putting them in rows. This can be easily avoided by playing around with the code, and doesn't take long to do.

Favourite babes remaining: Hannah Martin, Abbey B, Clare Richards, Paige Green, Becky Roberts, Abbee Kimberly, Electra
15-07-2010 07:14
HEX!T Away
Retired

i only have a 10 meg line and i don't notice any slowdown even when im torrenting and using most of my bandwidth...
the reason behind site being slow to load is often down to the antivirus or the line not being optimized for the connection and the pc itself being under spec for the o.s. its using.(believe it or not people try to run windows vista ultimate on Pentium 3's with 512mb ram)...

i have used a 1 meg line to view the site and honestly there wasn't much difference in speed most caps take up about 80KB so 10 caps should take less than 1 second on a properly optimized 1 meg line with a light footprint antivirus.

i currently use avira antivir (free) and have for the last 3 years it is only bettered by kaspersky in detection rates and barley slows my connection if at all. i can almost guarentee most of you who are having loading troubles either use avg, or avast some will have buldog or virginmedias own antimalware. if this is the case then theres nothing you can realy do except change it for a better product.
to optomize my line i use tuneup utilitys 2008/2009 for xp and vista 2010 for win7 (un-installed after use on win7).

give em a try and see for yourselves if it makes any difference.
btw as im writing this my torrent app is downloading at 700+KBps and isnt affecting the sites speed in the least.
*edit* i just went into elites charlie caps thread. all caps had loaded b4 i could scroll down to the bottom of the page. and theres over 40 caps on that 1.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2010 08:29 by HEX!T.)
15-07-2010 08:04
eagle_si Offline
Account Closed

I have a question for everyone. In these two sets of caps of Anastasia, how are the large ones being displayed? On my laptop screen they are in two rows of two in both posts, but I notice when I'm logged out, the first ones are all on different rows.
The reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking of posting more larger caps and fewer thumbnails, but I don't want to post more if they make my posts too long.

Favourite babes remaining: Hannah Martin, Abbey B, Clare Richards, Paige Green, Becky Roberts, Abbee Kimberly, Electra
08-02-2012 18:53
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

^^^^ It totally depends on what resolution your monitor is set at, as to how they display. If I'm using the one I do most of my forum work on, then that monitor displays at 1024x768. Which makes most posts, in my case scroll on for what seems forever.

But if I use my editing computer, then I run that through a Hdmi cable to my HD TV, and that displays at 1080p. So everything displays in rows.

So it's basically down to what your viewing on, as to how it displays. But since I started this thread to try and get less full size images posted on the forum, then you already know my views on the subject.

But then again, I get annoyed just as much when I see several posts on the same page with 200 - 300 thumbnails in each of them. So the argument goes both ways on that.

Ace.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 19:54 by aceman65.)
08-02-2012 19:09
oklahoma001 Offline
Posting Machine

My laptops resolution is 1280x800 and i have the 4 large caps all vertical, with no rows. I agree with aceman that posting excessive amounts(
20 or more) large caps can be annoying for us on laptops or smaller monitors. Scrolling down the page on a trackpad can get tiresome pretty quickly, especially when you havent visited that thread for a few days and need to scroll through 3 pages worth.

You have a good setup eagle_si, 4 large caps and the rest are smaller in rows. Its also easier to see where your post ends so we can hit the thanks button.Wink
08-02-2012 20:26
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

At the end of the day eagle_si, it's down to what you are happy with doing. There are no forum rules in regards to Posting caps & images, and I doubt there ever will be. And I think I speak for most of the members on here. We would rather have them posted than not posted.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 22:01 by aceman65.)
08-02-2012 21:32
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

(08-02-2012 21:32 )aceman65 Wrote:  There are no forum rules in regards to Posting cap & images, and I doubt there ever will be.

I'm actually intending for there to be some rules regarding the posting of caps & pics; including not permitting hotlinking, a list of permitted hosts (which can easily be updated when required), a maximum size of embedded images and a limit on the number of such full size images. I've not put too much thought into it yet, but will discuss it with some of the prolific cap & pic posters.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
08-02-2012 22:02