clips4sale

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 51 Vote(s) - 3.02 Average

Emily Dean - Chat /Discussion

speedybert Away
Posting Machine

RE: Emily Dean - Chat /Discussion
(22-11-2010 23:23 )Dan Volatile Wrote:  Whether the people who run this forum, and its members, want to allow that sort of criticism or whether they just want to participate in a glorified fansite (where "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all") is another matter. I know which I would prefer.

Nice one Mr Volatile that's exactly what a model said in reply to a post I made saying that I wasn't a big fan.She of course had read my taglineBig GrinBig Grin

All I would say is that her chosen career makes it very obvious if there is a change in her health,after all she ain't wearing much so any change is obvious,either good or bad.Goes both ways as it's clear that she is looking better these days.That's a good thing.But I can't see that its a problem commenting on it either way.This is a forum after all not a fansite like the old celebrities r us forum where all negative comments were unwelcome.That site seems virtually defunct now which might tell us all something.And that's before we even get started on a certain other forum that we aren't allowed to talk aboutWinkWink

If you can't say anything nice.....join the club!!
23-11-2010 00:12
Find all posts by this user
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

(23-11-2010 00:12 )speedybert Wrote:  it's clear that she is looking better these days

Therein lies the point. MeTarzan decided to rake up an issue that had been commented on ad nauseum already over the past few months when it was no longer an issue as she is getting better.

If you want to criticise her performance or whatever, or state that her look/style/anything isn't to your liking then fine, do so. That is what a forum is for and all babes have to accept the same happening. The difference occurs when it is unnecessarily personal in its subject. The state of someones health/mindset etc is nobody's business - especially when the person commenting is stating a lack of knowledge on the matter in the first place ("Don't know the reason behind her weight loss")

I would hate for this forum to become an overly sanitised place where any criticism etc is outlawed - but nor do I feel it is right to have an anything goes policy either. The simple fact of the matter is, there has already been a mod post made on this sort of subject before, which is available in every section of the forum, though a number of the 'freedom of speech' posse seem to have missed it on their forum travels - which can be found here

And, if in need of further clarification on the point - I shall let the Honourable Mister Gummidge finish the point with the post he made here

23-11-2010 02:17
bigguy01 Offline
My Kind of Girl

thats what is saying along. also its on context and the way things are interupted by others. think before you type.

i am not a big fan of hers but over weekend with the stuff going on bangbabes she was brilliant.

Top 5 Celebs To Be On The Channels: Molly Quinn, Stana Katic, Nina Dobrev, Susanna Reid, Steph McGovern
23-11-2010 02:34
zola Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Emily Dean - Bang Babes: Caps & Vids
very nice 2-4-1, just one quick question are the girl not allowed to kiss anymore ?

PER FAVORE NON MI ROMPERE LE PALLE
23-11-2010 17:22
Dan Volatile Offline
1956 Jubilee Butterfly

(23-11-2010 02:17 )Sooky™ Wrote:  -
-
-
If you want to criticise her performance or whatever, or state that her look/style/anything isn't to your liking then fine, do so. That is what a forum is for and all babes have to accept the same happening. The difference occurs when it is unnecessarily personal in its subject. The state of someones health/mindset etc is nobody's business - especially when the person commenting is stating a lack of knowledge on the matter in the first place ("Don't know the reason behind her weight loss")

I would hate for this forum to become an overly sanitised place where any criticism etc is outlawed - but nor do I feel it is right to have an anything goes policy either. The simple fact of the matter is, there has already been a mod post made on this sort of subject before, which is available in every section of the forum, though a number of the 'freedom of speech' posse seem to have missed it on their forum travels - which can be found here

And, if in need of further clarification on the point - I shall let the Honourable Mister Gummidge finish the point with the post he made here[/color]

I had actually read and understood the Forum policy on the deletion of posts which are deemed personally insulting (your assumption that some people hadn't read it might be regarded by them as a personal insult Wink).

The trouble with that statement is that it takes no account of the complexities of the issue. It assumes that what is insulting is fixed, immutable, set in stone. It isn't, it's a wholly subjective concept. One person's personal insult may be another's fair comment. That's not to deny that, for practical purposes, a line has to be drawn somewhere, the issue is where you draw that line. I don't envy the people who have to make those decisions, they'll probably be damned if they do an damned if they don't for the reason I've just mentioned.

I actually think that your reference to that policy statement is a bit of a red herring in this case as we are talking about a post which has not been deleted. It is still in situ so presumably the moderators have had a shufti at it and decided it did not cross the line into personal abuse territory. That being the case then it has to be regarded as fair comment. I'm not saying that you should not take issue with the poster if you disagree with his statement. You yourself, Sooky, dissected the post in a typically eloquent fashion. What I do find hard to stomach are replies such as this:

(22-11-2010 15:26 )TheWatcher Wrote:  For fucks sake, give it a rest.

I thought all these arguments about whether Emily is is too thin or not and has too many tattoos had finished weeks/months ago.
If you don't like her, don't post here.

Presumably that is TheWatcher's personal opinion and not forum policy because if we're only allowed to post positive remarks then we really have got a fansite and nothing more. There are plenty of forum stalwarts who post on the threads of women they don't like (Lori Buckby as a recent example springs to mind) but have not received the same illiberal treatment from a moderator. It comes accross like a typical mod's comment on another forum I could mention.

Ultimately there will only be as much free speech here as the owner of the site allows, that is the realpolitik under which we are all operating. I just hope that the policies are as liberal as possible and that members show a bit of tolerance for opinions that they disagree with or find offensive.

Well that's my two pennorth worth. Maybe I am naive regarding the workings and functions of forums, all I can say is that they are my sincerely held opinions. Thanks for reading this far.

Ps. A posse is a group of people collaborating towards a common goal. I can only speak for myself in stating that I am not a member of any posse or clique.

23-11-2010 19:34
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(23-11-2010 19:34 )Dan Volatile Wrote:  You yourself, Sooky, dissected the post in a typically eloquent fashion. What I do find hard to stomach are replies such as this:

(22-11-2010 15:26 )TheWatcher Wrote:  For fucks sake, give it a rest.

I thought all these arguments about whether Emily is is too thin or not and has too many tattoos had finished weeks/months ago.
If you don't like her, don't post here.

Presumably that is TheWatcher's personal opinion and not forum policy because if we're only allowed to post positive remarks then we really have got a fansite and nothing more. There are plenty of forum stalwarts who post on the threads of women they don't like (Lori Buckby as a recent example springs to mind) but have not received the same illiberal treatment from a moderator. It comes accross like a typical mod's comment on another forum I could mention.
~~~~
~~~~

You have totally missed my point.
Its nothing to do with positive or negative comments.
Its about people dredging up old posts and re-igniting old arguments that have long since ended that I am against.
What happens is it ends up as a slanging match between the 2 sides repeating the same things over and over again and everyone wants to have the last word and so it continues. Nothing new is ever said.
I've seen it happen before in other threads.
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2010 20:08 by TheWatcher.)
23-11-2010 20:07
Dan Volatile Offline
1956 Jubilee Butterfly

(23-11-2010 20:07 )TheWatcher Wrote:  You have totally missed my point.
Its nothing to do with positive or negative comments.
Its about people dredging up old posts and re-igniting old arguments that have long since ended that I am against.
What happens is it ends up as a slanging match between the 2 sides repeating the same things over and over again and everyone wants to have the last word and so it continues. Nothing new is ever said.
I've seen it happen before in other threads.

That's exactly what happened in the Lori at Elite thread. I don't remember the senior members who were "re-igniting old arguments" receiving the "For fucks sake, give it a rest" treatment. (I had nothing against those posts and arguments incidentaly)

Anyway was Me Tarzan dredging up old posts? There's no evidence of that in what he himself posted. As for reigniting old arguments, it just looked to me like he was expressing his opinion. That only leads to an argument if people such as yourself respond to it in a contrary fashion.

I'm happy to acknowledge that your "If you don't like her, don't post here" was not a general instruction but was specific for this one member on this one thread. I still don't agree with it though.

23-11-2010 21:41
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

Ah well, she's left Bang now anyway - not entirely shocking news given the current situation with the company. Plenty of others will most likely go as well, one would imagine

*Just wanted to get that info out there before rammy discovered it
Wink

27-11-2010 03:31
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

dammit sooky lol. agree not a surprise emily has gone with bang's current situation and also wont be the first to go. i think when emily returns next month most likely go back to elite

Piper Niven Superfan
27-11-2010 08:28
speedybert Away
Posting Machine

(27-11-2010 03:31 )Sooky™ Wrote:  Ah well, she's left Bang now anyway - not entirely shocking news given the current situation with the company. Plenty of others will most likely go as well, one would imagine

*Just wanted to get that info out there before rammy discovered it
Wink

He'll be gutted that you've beaten him to the punchBig Grin

If you can't say anything nice.....join the club!!
27-11-2010 08:30
Thread Closed 

gemma hiles