Thread Rating:
  • 32 Vote(s) - 2.56 Average

Ofcom & The UK Adult Industry

StanTheMan Offline
Banned

RE: Ofcom & The UK Adult Industry
(15-02-2011 17:14 )smell the roses Wrote:  Don't want to argue with you Krill, but I don't think we could survive without art. But if we could, it would be a bleak existence. don't you think.

Indeed. The world is a fucking depressing enough place as it is. If art was no more I think I'd have to serioulsy consider topping myself!
15-02-2011 19:31
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

Oh, we could certainly survive without art; survival is, after all, just that.
Of course, we don't choose to exist without art - I wouldn't particularly want to either! - but it's not a prerequisite of continued human existence.
I'm stretching the point, of course.Wink
But don't you think it's interesting that what may be considered 'vital' in a TV show and that which is deemed to be superfluous are in fact both as irrelevant as choosing which flavour of Angel Delight to have after tea.
Will it be... butterscotch or strawberry? Violence or nudity? So many choices... Oh NO! I'm not allowed to have strawberry anymore, because someone else doesn't approve of it.
So unfair...

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
15-02-2011 19:37
Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

(15-02-2011 19:31 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(15-02-2011 17:14 )smell the roses Wrote:  Don't want to argue with you Krill, but I don't think we could survive without art. But if we could, it would be a bleak existence. don't you think.

Indeed. The world is a fucking depressing enough place as it is. If art was no more I think I'd have to serioulsy consider topping myself!
Don't do it, Stan! Please!Sad

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
15-02-2011 19:41
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(15-02-2011 19:41 )Krill Liberator Wrote:  Don't do it, Stan! Please!Sad

Okay then Big Grin

Oh, and it's butterscotch every single time.
16-02-2011 19:04
Winston Wolfe Offline
AKA "Mr. Black"

I noticed some posts on the forum implying that the recent demise of TVX's chat channels had something to do with OFCOM. To say that would be misguided is an understatement. Although OFCOM interference is usually a factor, I don't believe that's the case this time. The chat channels have never been a priority for the likes of TVX and Playboy. They have always been secondary to their pay-per-view/subscription channels, so it's no surprise that TVX called it a day and decided to do a deal with Elite TV.

The main problem with this industry is lack of choice. Most content on adult pay-per-view/subscription channels is substandard, so the only other option in the adult section for viewers/customers is the babe channels. Some of this is obviously OFCOM's fault, some of it due to a lack of impetus from key players in the industry.

There is nothing wrong with companies having the babe channels as their bread and butter format, but they should use it as a basis for a bigger platform instead of continually plugging services that generally only appeal to fanboys/suckers.

Only time will tell whether or not any of the main players are willing to take the opportunity...

I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.
26-04-2011 20:58