Thread Rating:
  • 32 Vote(s) - 2.56 Average

Ofcom & The UK Adult Industry

nailpouchofmine Offline
Banned

RE: Ofcom & The UK Adult Industry
(13-02-2011 00:57 )RCTV Wrote:  
(13-02-2011 00:55 )vostok 1 Wrote:  Have you heard of subscription based, pin protected encryption?

yes, but many channels don't use them and no matter what anyone says they aren't clear in manuals.

(13-02-2011 00:51 )nailpouchofmine Wrote:  These people that are unelected and faceless and who the GOVERNMENT seem to give free reign to.

A government the people happen to elect...

A government that promissed to get rid of all these fucking wank, dictatoring, arsehole ,quangos`.
Do you mean that government RCTV? Bounce
13-02-2011 01:19
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Quote:If children need protecting from R18 imagery on television, then they need protecting from that imagery on the internet and mobile phones and in magazines too.
It just can't be harmful to children in only one format.

Agreed, there need to be some controls, but not the ones we have today.

Quote:For magazines they are ment to be put out of reach of children.

Adult TV channels are already subject to tighter control than magazines and videos. Strong content can only be shown late ar night, on something non-portable (a TV) and is subject to PIN control. To watch encrypted content on a bedroom Sky box a kid would need a separate subscription because the subscriptions are specific to each viewing card. 99% of parents would notice if their bill went up.

More importantly, no one has ever explained by sex is subject to all these tight controls but violence is not. I have seen Hostel DVDs in the supermarket 30cm above the ground - where a toddler in a pram could grab it. How many parents lock away all their war DVDs? Can it be right that films with graphic rape scenes can be shown unencrypted on national channels, but something showing consenting activity cannot?

Gone fishing
13-02-2011 03:59
nailpouchofmine Offline
Banned

(13-02-2011 03:59 )eccles Wrote:  
Quote:If children need protecting from R18 imagery on television, then they need protecting from that imagery on the internet and mobile phones and in magazines too.
It just can't be harmful to children in only one format.

Agreed, there need to be some controls, but not the ones we have today.

Quote:For magazines they are ment to be put out of reach of children.

Adult TV channels are already subject to tighter control than magazines and videos. Strong content can only be shown late ar night, on something non-portable (a TV) and is subject to PIN control. To watch encrypted content on a bedroom Sky box a kid would need a separate subscription because the subscriptions are specific to each viewing card. 99% of parents would notice if their bill went up.

More importantly, no one has ever explained by sex is subject to all these tight controls but violence is not. I have seen Hostel DVDs in the supermarket 30cm above the ground - where a toddler in a pram could grab it. How many parents lock away all their war DVDs? Can it be right that films with graphic rape scenes can be shown unencrypted on national channels, but something showing consenting activity cannot?

Graphic war scenes,people getting blown to pieces,getting shot,stabbed,kicked to death,being pushed over the edge of a cliff,getting blown appart in a car explosion,being disintregrated by an alien weapon,cut in half by a light beam,having their eyes gauged out,being burned at the stake,beheaded,whipped,eaten by sharks,run over by cars,shot to death by gunfire.......I could go on,so could we all,all this shit is shown 24/7/365 but show some shagging,show a bit of cunt,swear[use the famous 4 letter word] and all of a sudden,it is the end of the world [because children may see/hear it]
Get a fucking grip this country,if you want to protect your kids,then do it,but in the mean time,let us not forget that for as many families that have kids there are probably more single people and people without kids that also watch tv,and for anyone anywhere that have kids ,that are able to work out a 4 digit code,that would even think about working out a 4 digit code just to watch something that they are not supposed to watch,let me just say this.
Take them to your bank/credit card company and tell those people that the pin code that they have ,for millions of people ,is not adequate because a child can unlock it at will. annoyed
13-02-2011 04:30
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

Well more fool you for electing people that went back on their word.

I would like to point out exposing yourself in public and dogging are criminal offenses and the law, and as it's live tv you can see why ofcom could actually put rules in to stop it.

If I could have my way I would start again with ofcom and adult tv and how it's all run, because at the moment it's awful.
I also get the impression that ofcom won't change the rules, until the companies that run the shows stick by the current ones, and actually improve how their companies are run, as many are shockingly run and only want money, and don't care about the girls, also a lot of the kit is awful that they use and the crew on some of the shows are awful.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
Production Professional with PhD
13-02-2011 12:57
nailpouchofmine Offline
Banned

(13-02-2011 12:57 )RCTV Wrote:  Well more fool you for electing people that went back on their word.

I would like to point out exposing yourself in public and dogging are criminal offenses and the law, and as it's live tv you can see why ofcom could actually put rules in to stop it.

If I could have my way I would start again with ofcom and adult tv and how it's all run, because at the moment it's awful.
I also get the impression that ofcom won't change the rules, until the companies that run the shows stick by the current ones, and actually improve how their companies are run, as many are shockingly run and only want money, and don't care about the girls, also a lot of the kit is awful that they use and the crew on some of the shows are awful.

Believe you me RCTV,if there were only 2 partys` to vote for and they were `Conservative `and` I Believe In Aliens` partys` I would choose the latter every time.
But I am not going to start on politics with you bladewave
13-02-2011 15:29
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(13-02-2011 15:29 )nailpouchofmine Wrote:  Believe you me RCTV,if there were only 2 partys` to vote for and they were `Conservative `and` I Believe In Aliens` partys` I would choose the latter every time.
But I am not going to start on politics with you bladewave

haha, you would hate me on politics, although you may actually agree with things. and btw guys if you think i'm bad, i do realise i can be bad at times.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
13-02-2011 15:32
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(13-02-2011 12:57 )RCTV Wrote:  I would like to point out exposing yourself in public and dogging are criminal offenses and the law, and as it's live tv you can see why ofcom could actually put rules in to stop it.

Exposing yourself in public is NOT a criminal offence. Neither is dogging. They are subjective and only become offences if someone has been offended. A stripper in an ordinary pub could be prosecuted, a stripper in a pub with a warning on the door could not. Naked bathers on an ordinary beach can be prosecuted, but put up a warning notice and it becomes perfectly legal because people cannot claim unwitting offence. These are subjective morality offences and subject to trial by jury.

(13-02-2011 12:57 )RCTV Wrote:  I also get the impression that ofcom won't change the rules, until the companies that run the shows stick by the current ones, and actually improve how their companies are run, as many are shockingly run and only want money, and don't care about the girls, also a lot of the kit is awful that they use and the crew on some of the shows are awful.

Ofcom have absolutely no interest in how any broadcaster is run, that is internal company business, dont kid yourself that they care.

As for the kit being awful, they care even less than they do about the people.

Lets not confuse control of output with what goes on behind the scenes. Plenty of other industries are unpleasant to work for, but that is an employment regulation issue. Try coal mining, deep sea diving, long distance driving or teaching.

(13-02-2011 12:57 )RCTV Wrote:  i'm bad, i do realise i can be bad at times.
Mmmm, promises.

Gone fishing
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2011 01:09 by eccles.)
14-02-2011 01:07
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(14-02-2011 01:07 )eccles Wrote:  Exposing yourself in public is NOT a criminal offence. Neither is dogging. They are subjective and only become offences if someone has been offended. A stripper in an ordinary pub could be prosecuted, a stripper in a pub with a warning on the door could not. Naked bathers on an ordinary beach can be prosecuted, but put up a warning notice and it becomes perfectly legal because people cannot claim unwitting offence. These are subjective morality offences and subject to trial by jury.

Erm it is, as one you can be fined for both, and i've known of people arrested and charged for it.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
14-02-2011 09:11
HEX!T Away
Retired

obviously you have missed eccles point... hes not saying you cant be fined for it, but sum1 has to make a complaint, stating they were offended by said nudity for it to be classed as a criminal act.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
14-02-2011 13:18
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(14-02-2011 13:18 )HEX!T Wrote:  obviously you have missed eccles point... hes not saying you cant be fined for it, but sum1 has to make a complaint, stating they were offended by said nudity for it to be classed as a criminal act.

nope, a complaint doesn't have to be made, if you are caught by the police they will automatically do it, and cctv operators now inform police a lot more.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
14-02-2011 14:28