babestation xtra

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average

Playboy TV special offer

admin. Offline
Administrator

Playboy TV special offer
I thought it was worth bringing to the attention of forum members that for the rest of this month (July 2010) Playboy TV's on offer at a special price. These are the details of the offer in Playboy’s own words:

Quote:Six UK leading Adult TV channels (Playboy TV, Adult Channel, Climax 1-2-3,
Top Shelf TV) for less than ten pounds a month, for as long as you subscribe.

And Playboy will give you access to online member only content on Playboy.co.uk for free.

No catch, no strings attached, just all of Playboy’s adult action for £9.99.

You can find out more or subscribe online by clicking here.

Offer terms and conditions:
This promotional offer is for customers to receive the 6 TV channel package as well as online membership to the Playboy website (known as the TV and online pack) available at the discounted rate of £9.99 a month (normally £24.99) plus a fixed one off joining fee of £15.
No minimum Contract on any of our packages for monthly subscribers.
You may cancel your subscription at any time by calling 0844 8429 669.
Calls cost no more then 5p per minute for BT customers, other network charges may vary.
Offer only available on Sky in the UK. Offer ends 31 July 2010.
19-07-2010 20:05
Find all posts by this user
IanG Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Playboy TV special offer
Quote:No catch, no strings attached, just all of Playboy’s adult action for £9.99.

Offer terms and conditions:
This promotional offer is for customers to receive the 6 TV channel package as well as online membership to the Playboy website (known as the TV and online pack) available at the discounted rate of £9.99 a month (normally £24.99) plus a fixed one off joining fee of £15.

So that's £24.99 in total for the first month of this £9.99 monthly subscription 'special offer' with no catches or strings attached?

When I originally subscribed to PB/TAC (many years ago and for many years) I don't recall payng any 'joining fees' - don't know though, maybe I did?

I also subscribed to PB/TAC websites for a time, immediately after Ofcom published that piece of shit Code, but, at the time the video feed was utterly fucked most of the time and of very poor quality.

I reckon, all in all, I'll not be taking PB up on their offer. I've joined twice already. I chose the channels I wanted to watch to keep the cost within reason only to have others foisted on me at a premium rate. And to cap it all, I can apparently watch the real thing on-line but, I can't watch it on TV where I actually want to be able to watch the real thing.

No thanks. Either fix Ofcom or fuck off Playboy. I'm not playing or paying.

A new dittie: The Buggers 2010 (Ofwatch slight return) http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid556229
20-07-2010 00:58
emperornxviii Offline
Junior Poster

I've watched Playboy TV 3 times on a one night only basis, but the most recent time was a couple of years ago. The content wasn't bad at all, so long as you are realistic about what can be shown on TV. I never considered subscribing because you had to subscribe for a year at the time, but according to the above offer you can now cancel whenever you like, which makes things look a bit different.
20-07-2010 08:22
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(20-07-2010 08:22 )emperornxviii Wrote:  The content wasn't bad at all, so long as you are realistic about what can be shown on TV.

Of course that is the critical point that people shouldn't forget, that encrypted channels are of course still Ofcom regulated, but you can still get some decent material on encrypted channels, just not R18 material.
20-07-2010 09:26
sweetsugar007 Offline
Big Ass Lover

I agree with that actually. If you pay £5 per night for BSX then this represents good value at £9.99 per month. The adult channel is really decent to be fair.

Spiderman,Spiderman,does whatever a Spider can!!!
20-07-2010 09:40
IanG Offline
Senior Poster

I didn't mean to be so critical. I was just trying to make a point. Granted, £9.99 is a good deal if you don't mind 6 channels of softcore on your TV and access to the real stuff on the web. But with so much free material on the web it hardly seems like a good deal at all. What is this £15.00 joining fee actually for - the TV crap or the web stuff? And why do my expectations of what IS actually legally allowed to be broadcast on TV have to conform to Ofcom's illegal censorial and dicriminatory take on the situation?

Let me ask you this - which is more likely to happen: a child watching near hardcore material on TV after 10pm or, accessing PB/TAC hardcore on the web during the day because you subscribe to both automatically? You can't be in two places at once can you? So, is Ofcom's decision to ban R18 on TV actually better or worse at protecting children and vulnerable people from accessing adult material? And how come Ofcom trust adults to protect their kids from all manner of nasty stuff on the web but they don't believe YOU can protect your own kids from what's on TV and thus need their 'assistance' in fucking up your choice of viewing?

A new dittie: The Buggers 2010 (Ofwatch slight return) http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid556229
20-07-2010 14:51
sharinel Offline
Senior Poster

IanG - I think i'm right in saying that you cant get any HC on the playboy website any longer, not like the old days when it would have uncensored versions of their tv output.

The reason I would never sign up for this offer is that I was a subscriber for many years but stopped about 5 years ago, and looking at their schedule I don't think they have produced any new programming in all that time - it's all 'Sam does' this and 'Sandy' that. Good for the time but it's obvious they are putting the minimum required money into keeping it going. Subscribe for 3 months and you'll have seen every single programme.
20-07-2010 15:25
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

I'm pretty sure the £15 connection fee, is the charge for getting Sky to activate your viewing card, because Sky monopolise that side of things, and charge a fee for doing it.

As for the content, I too was a subscriber at one time, but I got out of it when they started charging me twice, for the website, even though it was supposed to free for sky subscribers. So although it sounds like a good price for what you get, I'd keep an eye on your bank statement to make sure that's all they charge. I certainly would be reluctant to join up again.
(This post was last modified: 20-07-2010 21:28 by aceman65.)
20-07-2010 21:20
tom trillery Offline
Apprentice Poster

(20-07-2010 15:25 )sharinel Wrote:  I don't think they have produced any new programming in all that time

They must have produced some new programmes at least, because I remember reading about a series called "King of Clubs" on Playboy TV, which they made last year and started showing in September, supposedly a reality series set in a Las Vegas strip club.
22-07-2010 08:13
marlowe Offline
Posting Machine

(22-07-2010 08:13 )tom trillery Wrote:  supposedly a reality series set in a Las Vegas strip club.

I don't know how real the events in the club depicted in the series are, but the club itself is definitely real. It hit the news headlines when the previous owner ran up a huge debt in legal fees which he ultimately couldn't pay, and so he gave the King of Clubs strip club to his lawyer in settlement of the legal fees. A rather unusual story to be sure, but it got the club publicity and the unusual nature of how the current owner got to become the owner of the club is one of the reasons why Playboy TV made a series about it.
22-07-2010 12:24
Thread Closed 

babestation xtra