Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 2.94 Average

Bang Babes: Further breaches & possible new sanctions

eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

RE: Bang Babes: Further breaches & possible new sanctions
In the latest Broadcast Bulletin, Ofcom quotes its Media Literacy Report saying only 32% of viewers actually use parental controls.

It sort of misses the point that in the vast number of households - even ones with children - this is BY CHOICE.

Figure 39 of the Media Literacy report, titled "Reasons for not having set up access controls for the multichannel television service, by age - 2009" on PDF page 51 (numbered 48 because Ofcom cant get its page numbering right) makes interesting reading. For households with children age 12-15, the age at which boys and girls are most likely to understand what they are seeing and either be offended by it, or actively seek it out, reasons in 2009 broke down like this:
Trust child to be sensible: 60%*
Child is supervised: 13%*
Child too young for this to be a problem: 0% (not applicable)*
Child too old for controls: 16%*
Did not know this was possible: 7%+
Don't know how to do this: 6%+
They would always find a way to override controls: 3%+
No need: 1%*
Child does not watch a lot of TV: 1%*
(UNAWARE HOW: 13% is a combination of two of the above items)

The items I have marked with a * are parents who, one way or another, are not bothered. The ones marked + are bothered.

Thats 91% not bothered and 16% are bothered. Yes, I know that adds up to 107%. Lets be charitable and put it down to rounding - correcting for that gives 85% not bothered, 15% are bothered. And remember, thats just out of the 32% who do not set parental controls. So 15% of 32% (or 4.8%) are bothered but do not know how to set parental controls (or consider them ineffective).

Only 4.8% of all parents of 12-15 year olds want parental controls but can't use them. According to Ofcom.

Thats a long way off their headline figure of 32% of households not using parental controls.

Gone fishing
02-08-2010 22:29
Find all posts by this user
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

David Cameron, Nick Clegg if you are reading this forum take notice, don't ignore in what has become a real Issue, tv censorship should be outlawed in a democracy, we're not as bad as China I'll give you that one but its still unacceptable that we have government organisations in place such as ofcom and maybe part of political reform should also include unfair discrimination of the sex industry.
02-08-2010 23:54
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

Bang Babes should be really peeved as they are still the only channel to have an instruction video before it's night time shows that shows parents and other interested parties how to prevent under 18's from being able to view their channels or indeed the adult section completely.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2010 01:53 by mikedafc.)
03-08-2010 01:53
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

agree with this point mike. bangbabes are the only one that before the show to have the instruction video showing how to lock the babechannels from kids and other people who shouldnt watch them. but at times they shoot themselves in the foot and leave ofcom no option but to fine them. last night dannii harwood finished her stint naked with oil (this isnt the problem) but they allowed dannii to be shown naked full frontal to the camera which is a no-no

Piper Niven Superfan
03-08-2010 08:34
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(03-08-2010 01:53 )mikedafc Wrote:  Bang Babes should be really peeved as they are still the only channel to have an instruction video before it's night time shows that shows parents and other interested parties how to prevent under 18's from being able to view their channels or indeed the adult section completely.

They don't show any instruction video on Freeview.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2010 09:42 by TheWatcher.)
03-08-2010 09:40
sweetsugar007 Offline
Big Ass Lover

It will probably become standard practice before long. I suspect there is a legal concern here which is why its being done.

Spiderman,Spiderman,does whatever a Spider can!!!
03-08-2010 12:12
skully Offline

(03-08-2010 08:34 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  ...but they allowed dannii to be shown naked full frontal to the camera which is a no-no

Did this happen on a Sky channel? ...my recording doesn't have it!
So if it was just on the webfeed via a different cam and wasn't broadcast on tv, surely it can't be used against them?
It wouldn't have been intentional, so they didn't allow it, it would have been a case of the webfeed cam not being switched off at the same time as the other...an accident.

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2010 12:43 by skully.)
03-08-2010 12:42
Captain Vimes Offline
Deus Ex Machina

(03-08-2010 12:42 )skully Wrote:  Did this happen on a Sky channel? ...my recording doesn't have it!

I can feel your pain through cyberspace, Skully. Wink

I didn't see the full frontal on the satellite feed.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2010 13:02 by Captain Vimes.)
03-08-2010 13:01
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(03-08-2010 12:42 )skully Wrote:  
(03-08-2010 08:34 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  ...but they allowed dannii to be shown naked full frontal to the camera which is a no-no

Did this happen on a Sky channel? ...my recording doesn't have it!
So if it was just on the webfeed via a different cam and wasn't broadcast on tv, surely it can't be used against them?
It wouldn't have been intentional, so they didn't allow it, it would have been a case of the webfeed cam not being switched off at the same time as the other...an accident.
It was not on my Sky channel 912 recording either , when Dannii's section finishes it switched straight to Alex Adams on the bed , it never showed Dannii standing up and walking off naked , unless she was also being shown simultaneously on another channel and they forgot to switch the feed .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2010 13:09 by mr mystery.)
03-08-2010 13:07
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

must have been the bangbabes webfeed that showed dannii full frontal and where the cap was got from as i didnt notice it on sky

Piper Niven Superfan
03-08-2010 14:58
Thread Closed