Free month when clicking this link

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average

Lori has been a little naughty

chrislatimer Offline
Banned

RE: Lori has been a little naughty
but she werent entitled to the money bobbi thats the whole point . and if it was going into her account which it must of been she should of informed the dwp basic common sense.
04-09-2010 16:43
Find all posts by this user
Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

(04-09-2010 16:34 )bobbistuff Wrote:  how sad that so many people are so quick to judge lori....how do you know that living away from her father she wasnt using the money to pay for his care in her abscence...is anyone actually dim enough to believe she would claim this benefit while maintaning such a public profile...she made a mistake...give the girl a break...

In no way have i been quick to judge..

1) You cant claim carers allowance if you are not the person doing the caring! FACT!

2) Lori admitted in court that she did claim the benefit wrongfully! FACT!

3) she did make a mistake, and if you maintain a public profile and make a mistake like this then you must expect to get the flak that comes along with it! FACT

Sorry to go all Rafa Benitez but the facts are there for everyone to see including the courts who WILL judge her accordingly based on these facts!

People like Lori dont deserve a break, nor anyone else who defrauds the benefits system. It makes me sick when i think of the deserving people (some of whom are posters on this forum) who have been either turned down for benefits or are given so little that they can barely support themselves!
04-09-2010 16:52
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

(04-09-2010 16:34 )bobbistuff Wrote:  how sad that so many people are so quick to judge lori....how do you know that living away from her father she wasnt using the money to pay for his care in her abscence...is anyone actually dim enough to believe she would claim this benefit while maintaning such a public profile...she made a mistake...give the girl a break...

As I mentioned previously (and gave links to the governmental website that gives the info on this matter) you do not get carers allowance to pay for the care of somebody......that is a totally different benefit. Carers allowance is a nominal payment made to the person who is actually providing the care. This money would not even come close to covering the costs of paying somebody else to do it. Carers allowance basically means you (the person in question, usually a relative though not always) are happy to provide the care the person needs. Carers allowance is basically a reward for doing so.

If her dad needed proper care, and thus the hiring of somebody to provide this, then they would have been claiming Attendance Allowance http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeop...G_10012425

A totally different benefit

It's really not that difficult to understand

04-09-2010 17:30
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

[Image: logic.jpg]

04-09-2010 18:19
bytor Offline
Posting Machine

(04-09-2010 17:30 )Sooky™ Wrote:  

As I mentioned previously (and gave links to the governmental website that gives the info on this matter) you do not get carers allowance to pay for the care of somebody......that is a totally different benefit. Carers allowance is a nominal payment made to the person who is actually providing the care. This money would not even come close to covering the costs of paying somebody else to do it. Carers allowance basically means you (the person in question, usually a relative though not always) are happy to provide the care the person needs. Carers allowance is basically a reward for doing so.

If her dad needed proper care, and thus the hiring of somebody to provide this, then they would have been claiming Attendance Allowance http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeop...G_10012425

A totally different benefit

It's really not that difficult to understand

and the person being cared for must be in receipt of DLA or Attendance Allowance at the middle or higher rate for Carers Allowance to be paid.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2010 09:14 by bytor.)
05-09-2010 09:09
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

I have just read through this and am amazed how many people have jumped to Lori's defence on the back of:
1. thinking she sounds sweet on the phone (act)
2. they fancy the pants off of her.

What she did was fraud and illegal, if this was an unattractive imigrant, would everyone have the same views? no i didnt think so. You cannot make an excuse on the grounds of as one person at least suggested that 'she pays enough into the tax system', thats nonsense, over the last 13/14 years I have paid thousands into the tax system, does that entitle me to now claim some money back illegally? hell lets all do it then! she knew she was doing wrong and continued to do it, no excuse, if you take a chance, you deserve to get caught

as for the comment :
is anyone actually dim enough to believe she would claim this benefit while maintaning such a public profile
how naieve are you? you really think everyone in the public eye is squeeky clean? how many times have you seen REAL celebrities* getting in trouble for scandals far worse than this?

(* - yes there is a subtext in that)
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2010 12:11 by simplymarko.)
05-09-2010 11:17
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

(05-09-2010 09:09 )bytor Wrote:  and the person being cared for must be in receipt of DLA or Attendance Allowance at the middle or higher rate for Carers Allowance to be paid.

Indeed - so you would already have the benefit for covering the care if you needed it, so wouldn't need to use Carers Allowance to pay for it as was suggested Smile

And the person providing the care could thus claim the Carers Allowance

05-09-2010 15:52
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

(04-09-2010 16:34 )bobbistuff Wrote:  how sad that so many people are so quick to judge lori....

I know, attractive people who help us out with phone wanks really shouldn't be subject to the same laws we are. I'm very fucking quick to judge people who make fraudulent claims, especially when she's not short of a few quid herself. Those MP's and their duck houses, new TV's, etc were not actually breaking the law at all, but I bet you were pissed off when you heard all that coming out.

(04-09-2010 16:34 )bobbistuff Wrote:  how do you know that living away from her father she wasnt using the money to pay for his care in her abscence...

Because that's not the definition of being a carer. If it was, I'd technically be 'caring' for some kid in Pakistan right now, just because I sent a few quid to the flood appeal.

(04-09-2010 16:34 )bobbistuff Wrote:  is anyone actually dim enough to believe she would claim this benefit while maintaning such a public profile...

You mean apart from Lori? Does it not occur to you that maybe, just maybe, she IS a bit dim? After all, she did it AND was caught.

(04-09-2010 16:34 )bobbistuff Wrote:  she made a mistake...give the girl a break...

Bobbi, while I appreciate your generousity of spirit towards a fellow human being, you just can't ignore the fact that she commited fraud. She's not going to do time for it and may not even get community service - maybe just a fine and obviously, ordered to pay back the stolen cash.

Thank you very much for my nomination in
Best Cap or Cap Set Of The Year 2013
for Dannii Harwood Posts 781 & 782

Tammy Oldham: You're fucking filthy!
Shady: You can talk!

05-09-2010 16:42
SOCATOA Offline
"mini see through thong"

Going by all the publicity and comments on this thread,i dont think the courts can do her more harm than has been done to her good name and babe credibility. She may have fraudulently pocketed a few bob, but she has lost out. SadSad i really liked the girl.SadSadSad
05-09-2010 16:53
ilovejodie Offline
Jodies Number 1 Fan

(03-09-2010 11:43 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  
(03-09-2010 11:21 )TheWatcher Wrote:  The biggest penalty she will pay will be to her future "Babe" career, which must suffer greatly now, perhaps even terminally.

right there thewatcher. the biggest penalty lori will suffer will be to her babechannel career which now will be seriously damaged and it wouldnt surprise me if we dont see lori on the channels for a good while

well lori is on screens now mate to be honest i think this thing has gone to far lori has not killed anyone

she made a big mistake and she will learn from it but some of stuff on this thread is shocking like said her to jail lol what a joke
05-09-2010 21:16
Thread Closed 

Free month when clicking this link

gemma hiles