Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average

Lori has been a little naughty

Bluearmy71 Offline
Army Of Blue

RE: Lori has been a little naughty
(06-09-2010 06:45 )Sooky™ Wrote:  
(06-09-2010 05:29 )Bluearmy71 Wrote:  Carers Allowance is actually paid to the person with the illness or disability and then intern paid on to the person providing the care.

You're wrong - it's paid to the Carer

Ummmmmmm no Sooky I am not wrong and technically neither are you! Carers Allowance is paid to the person in receipt of the benefit so she/he can then pay for the care.....when an appointed person then becomes the carer the money (which we all agree is a pittance) is then taken from the Ill or Disabled persons benefit and then transferred to the carers name, so for example.......the person in receipt of the benefit gets £150 and then appoints the carer, the carer then will receive £50 of this (the care component of the benefit) and as long as the appointed person remains the carer it will be paid to their bank account, thus taking £50 off of the benefit reducing the person who claims the benefit to £100.

Its basically 6 of 1 and half dozen of the other that's why at no point I said you were wrong!
06-09-2010 13:31
Find all posts by this user
Red Offline
Knight Errant?

(06-09-2010 13:31 )Bluearmy71 Wrote:  
(06-09-2010 06:45 )Sooky™ Wrote:  [quote='Bluearmy71' pid='612035' dateline='1283747377']

Carers Allowance is actually paid to the person with the illness or disability and then intern paid on to the person providing the care.

I'm with Sooky on this one. Carer's Allowance is paid direct to the claimant not the person being cared for.

No idea where you're getting your figures from either Blue for £150. By the sounds of it you're getting confused between Carer's Allowance that the Carer can claim and Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance which is claimed by the disabled/elderly person.

As like anything in benefits things aren't that simple. That's why when you fill in a Carer's Allowance claim you have to state you are doing so with the full knowledge of the person you are claiming against as it can effect their benefit claims

I don't even know who I am so you'll forgive me if I ask 'Who the f**k do you think you are?!'
08-09-2010 04:06
Bluearmy71 Offline
Army Of Blue

(08-09-2010 04:06 )Red Wrote:  
(06-09-2010 13:31 )Bluearmy71 Wrote:  
(06-09-2010 06:45 )Sooky™ Wrote:  [quote='Bluearmy71' pid='612035' dateline='1283747377']

Carers Allowance is actually paid to the person with the illness or disability and then intern paid on to the person providing the care.

I'm with Sooky on this one. Carer's Allowance is paid direct to the claimant not the person being cared for.

No idea where you're getting your figures from either Blue for £150. By the sounds of it you're getting confused between Carer's Allowance that the Carer can claim and Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance which is claimed by the disabled/elderly person.

As like anything in benefits things aren't that simple. That's why when you fill in a Carer's Allowance claim you have to state you are doing so with the full knowledge of the person you are claiming against as it can effect their benefit claims

My figures are used as an example only to make it easier for the purpose of breaking it down, again if you read what I wrote it is taken off the benefit the ill/disabled person gets and once more I know the complexity of this due to a close family member being disabled for the past 30 years, the Care Allowance is awarded to the person with the illness/ disability and then as I tried to explain is taken off and placed in the name of the carer so indirectly its from the ill/disable person to pay for the care they get!
08-09-2010 05:57
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

(08-09-2010 04:06 )Red Wrote:  I'm with Sooky on this one. Carer's Allowance is paid direct to the claimant not the person being cared for.

Correct - and the other benefits the person being cared for receives (income support, housing benefit etc) may be affected, not will be affected. It all depends on the specific circumstances of the claim (as is the case with all benefits to be honest).

It's not taken away from the person needing care - it just means their situation is no longer as it was, so they no longer qualify for what they may have been receiving while being classed as self sufficient. My knowledge of this comes from experience on both sides of the benefit system Tongue

*though I fail to see why this is still carrying on and, in all honesty, no longer having any real relevance to the original post.....how it gets paid is irrelevant in regards to benefit fraud Wink

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2010 06:15 by Sooky™.)
08-09-2010 06:13
Bluearmy71 Offline
Army Of Blue

(08-09-2010 06:13 )Sooky™ Wrote:  
(08-09-2010 04:06 )Red Wrote:  I'm with Sooky on this one. Carer's Allowance is paid direct to the claimant not the person being cared for.

Correct - and the other benefits the person being cared for receives (income support, housing benefit etc) may be affected, not will be affected. It all depends on the specific circumstances of the claim (as is the case with all benefits to be honest).

It's not taken away from the person needing care - it just means their situation is no longer as it was, so they no longer qualify for what they may have been receiving while being classed as self sufficient. My knowledge of this comes from experience on both sides of the benefit system Tongue

*though I fail to see why this is still carrying on and, in all honesty, no longer having any real relevance to the original post.....how it gets paid is irrelevant in regards to benefit fraud Wink

Your small print is true, maybe we should discuss this privately because I am intrigued as to where you think the carers allowance comes from!
08-09-2010 06:43
Charlemagne Offline

See claiming this allowance is confusing.
Lori must have read the last few posts before filling in her claim form laugh
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2010 07:26 by Charlemagne.)
08-09-2010 07:26
steven6 Offline
I'm Orange

I wish I could go back in time and kill whoever invented Breast Implants!!!!!!
08-09-2010 12:38
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

Yep sure do

Piper Niven Superfan
08-09-2010 12:43
Charlemagne Offline

09-09-2010 17:56
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

Metro article Wrote:When she started her current line of work her gran took over caring for her father but the blonde incorrectly believed she was still entitled to the payments.

Subtle - the art of covert insults is still alive and well in the press Big Grin

09-09-2010 18:00
Thread Closed 

Free month when clicking this link

gemma hiles