Free month when clicking this link

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average

Lori has been a little naughty

dazaman Away
Posting Machine

RE: Lori has been a little naughty
As it is clear to lay judgement on Lori there are always reasons behind this,which include claiming and passing the money on to someone else, who for some reason does not qualify for it? but wants to remain Anon.

Things happen between families that no one can explain, but can easily be slagged off.
yes she was wrong and she will pay the price sooner rather than later or both?
Which will be a shame as all agree she is a nice sweet girl.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/13222

You can follow me on Twitter
03-09-2010 14:15
Find all posts by this user
chrislatimer Offline
Banned

a day later, and i still stand by what i said yesterday i beilive she wilfully knew what she was doing.

however i do not think its worthy of a prison term as there are far worse acts that dont get custodial sentences, shes still scum for doing what she did but prison would be a step to far in this case.
03-09-2010 14:21
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

(03-09-2010 14:21 )chrislatimer Wrote:  a day later, and i still stand by what i said yesterday i beilive she wilfully knew what she was doing.

however i do not think its worthy of a prison term as there are far worse acts that dont get custodial sentences, shes still scum for doing what she did but prison would be a step to far in this case.

agree chris. Ive had experience of the benefits system and its made very clear you have to tell the benefits people of any change so dont believe lori will have forgot to do this but lori shouldnt go to prison for this because as you say there are worse crimes comitted that dont get prison terms

Piper Niven Superfan
03-09-2010 14:55
dazaman Away
Posting Machine

(03-09-2010 14:21 )chrislatimer Wrote:  a day later, and i still stand by what i said yesterday i beilive she wilfully knew what she was doing.

That is your choice chris on what you think, but no one is whiter than white not even judges?
As it is really a minor offense she will not get much thrown at her and first offense nothing will really happen.

Like i say only her career will suffer which would be a shame.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/13222

You can follow me on Twitter
03-09-2010 15:08
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

(03-09-2010 02:53 )mikedafc Wrote:  The only thing she did wrong was to sign forms that her stepmother had filed in, without checking that the information was current and correct

And continue taking the money she received

I don't agree that she deserves a prison sentence for this - but nor do I think it can be deemed ridiculous to find this a disgraceful, dishonest and illegal act

But then I'm probably just getting my puritan bonnet in a right state Rolleyes

Silly me not seeing the connection between a bunch of girls legally showing off their bodies and somebody committing an illegal and totally avoidable act....what was I thinking - of course the 2 are exactly the same and I should remove myself from the forum with haste along with everybody else who disagrees with Lori's actions - what utter crap

The law states that what she did broke the law - the court found her guilty of breaking the law - Lori herself admitted she broke the law (for whatever reason) so remind me exactly why it is so ridiculous to feel she broke the law?!?!?!?

A prison sentence would be a tad heavy handed for what isn't the most severe of acts - but no amount of sugar coating and vouching for a girl because she seemed sweet on a phone (where she is essentially expected to act a role) going to change any of the facts. It really is quite simple.

It was also equally avoidable - her stepmother was filling out the forms, so why not put her own name on the form instead since surely she would be more likely to be the one providing care since you would assume she lives with her husband. There was no reason for Lori's name to be on the form at all (other than fraudulant reasons, perhaps) and the idea that it would perhaps have been in order to be passed onto another family member so that the person ultimately receiving the money could stay anonymous is ridiculous as well - first off, that is still fraud, regardless of the reason, as it is still a case of money being claimed by a person undeserving of it. Secondly, why would they need someone else to claim it in order to remain anonymous? It's not like if you claim benefits you suddenly get placed on a national database published for all to see in order for everybody to know what you're claiming. You fill out your forms, send it to a central office, they process your claim and, if you receive the benefit, it is paid directly into a bank account - who would know?

As I've said before - the laws the law (even if according to some, respecting the law makes me scum.....figure that one out if you will) Bounce

If she wasn't a babe on the channels and was just an ordinary joe - would you still be so defensive?

03-09-2010 15:23
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

Don't blame us, blame those pesky hidden cameras. Wink

[Image: lori_103.jpg]
03-09-2010 15:44
maxim Offline
Junior Poster

Nice one
03-09-2010 17:41
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

I would have thought that Lori would be classed as self employed as far as the taxman is concerned.
She earns money from several different places, babeshows, her website, modelling/photos, appearances at events etc.
In this case she probably has a accountant to do her taxes etc. They should have seen this money going into her bank account and asked questions about it.
03-09-2010 19:16
little gimp Offline
Posting Machine

One fact of this case I think has been overlooked is that a blonde glamour model is actually able to sign her own name surely there should be a celebration of such a groundbreaking mommentlaugh

I do not condone such actions but as I have got away with much worse I refuse to judge Lori either way,people do strange things for stranger reasons so purposeful or not it's a mistake to learn from and move past in a posative direction.
Well that's my half a pence worthBig Grin
03-09-2010 19:22
bobbistuff Offline
Senior Poster

how sad that so many people are so quick to judge lori....how do you know that living away from her father she wasnt using the money to pay for his care in her abscence...is anyone actually dim enough to believe she would claim this benefit while maintaning such a public profile...she made a mistake...give the girl a break...
04-09-2010 16:34
Thread Closed 

Free month when clicking this link

gemma hiles