Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 3 Average

The Life of a Babe Channel

Sylar Offline
Seemed a good name choice in '04

RE: The Life of a Babe Channel
SuperSpurs Wrote:.....and all of this above has been carefully noted by yours truly so that it never happens on my station when it starts up soon. Taking the piss with long waits before connection to the girls is way out of order at a quid fifty per minute, I think. You have to have a little bit of schpeil for legal purposes but I reckon you can get it out of the way in about 30 seconds max.....

Wow haven't heard about your new channel SuperSpurs, best of luck with it! Just promise me you'll plan it a bit better than ch960 seem to have done and don't take any advice off Daniel Levy!!!
04-01-2009 20:40
Find all posts by this user
BelfastBadBoy Away
Posting Machine

mega79 Wrote:Once you've called the channel once they should tell you a number to press to skip past the legal stuff the next time you call.

Have to agree, cost me a fortune trying to get through lastnight then i just gave up
04-01-2009 20:41
Red Offline
Knight Errant?

Errr, the legal bits can't be skipped, blame the regulators.
That isn't to say sometimes it takes longer than it should to get through. All depends on how long you are expecting to be on the phone I suppose. A couple of minutes on a 20 minute call isn't too bad, on a 5 minute call it's a bit different

I don't even know who I am so you'll forgive me if I ask 'Who the f**k do you think you are?!'
04-01-2009 22:10
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

This might be a silly question, but as I've mentioned before, I haven't called a show in a long time. Does booking minutes on a credit card circumnavigate all this? And if not, shouldn't it be able to? Ownership of a credit card is considered to be acceptable proof of age for other non-personal transactions?* Couldn't ther be a system whereby pre-paying minutes allows you, if not to skip the legalese entirely, at least to hear a much reduced version? A sort of membership if you like.

*Don't mean to make it sound so impersonal, but however well you know or get along with the girl you're talking to, the actual act of dialling a premium rate number is a business transaction. I'm not trying to say anything about the personal interaction that goes on.

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
04-01-2009 22:23
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

Either way, it shouldn't cost £3 before you even speak to someone, be it for five minutes or twenty.
04-01-2009 22:23
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

Scotsman Wrote:Either way, it shouldn't cost £3 before you even speak to someone, be it for five minutes or twenty.

Got to second that sentiment. It seems a bit rough to charge you £1.50 a minute to warn you that you're being charged £1.50 a minute. They could at least refrain from billing the call until the legally required warnings are out of the way.

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
04-01-2009 22:31
Rod Crupe Offline
Senior Poster

To use a Credit/Debit card on Party people and Babestation Daytime, you can skip the minute intro and go strait through to the option choices and as soon as the girl is off the call, no matter how many callers are listening in,the credit card caller jumps infront of the other callers to talk the the girls first. Its the same cost as calling up normally, but its easier as you can book your minutes before hand
05-01-2009 17:04
Sm© Away
すべてが言われて終わった後

Rod Crupe, you know your stuff.
could you please tell me why i cant join the party people, bs daytime etc
sites with a maestro card, or by SMS billing?
05-01-2009 17:13
Thread Closed