Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 2.64 Average

Dani O'Neal - Discussion Thread - Ofcom related posts

Scottishbloke Away
Banned

RE: Dani O'Neal - Discussion Thread - Ofcom related posts
If Sexysat tv is allowed in the Netherlands which also has a Dutch licence which shows full explicit dildo free to air shows I doubt the Dutch authorities would give 2 shits what any UK babe channel is showing such is the tameness, infact most likely they would tell ofcom to go and get fucked.
03-10-2010 22:28
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Intense1 Offline
Banned

(03-10-2010 20:10 )Charlemagne Wrote:  Are the cameramen not just focusing on Dani's strengths.

Infact it may be Dani herself who's asked for these camera angles.

What's OFcom got to do with it.Huh

I was not the one who brought my post into the OFCOM section; it was separated and brought here by the mods.

But regardless of the technicalities over licences; all that is required is INSIGHT and SCRUTINY in order to see clearly that OFCOM intimidation, RULES these channels.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2010 16:51 by Intense1.)
04-10-2010 10:49
Sootbag1 Offline
Senior Poster

If it helps, I once complained to Ofcom (I know, the shame!) about Motors TV because it aired a programme on a Saturday lunchtime a few years ago that was full of very strong swearing. It just didn't seem right that they were so lax about what they allowed to be broadcast on their channel.

Ofcom wrote back to me to say that the channel wasn't regulated by Ofcom because it was registered/broadcast from France, so if I wanted to pursue my complaint, I needed to do so with the French equivalent of Ofcom.
04-10-2010 12:50
Intense1 Offline
Banned

(03-10-2010 22:11 )eccles Wrote:  Intense1, what matters are the Rules, not whether you or I think they make sense.

This is a point that I think needs addressing:

In a democratic society, what matters is that the MAJORITY AGREE with the rules. If Parliament passes through rules which the majority do not agree with, then the majority make their feelings known at the ballot box.

If any human believes that they have a valid argument that contradicts some rule or the other, then it is for that individual to convince the majority with that argument. Rules that the majority do not agree with are there to be defied in their struggle for change; whilst being well aware of the possible consequences from those in power.

This is not to say that the majority are (definitely) in disagreement with OFCOM policies; but that this is how a democracy works.

Any of you who think that any of these Babe channnels are exempt from OFCOM intimidation; which forces them to be as lame as they currently are, are simply deluding yourselves.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2010 19:05 by Intense1.)
04-10-2010 17:19
Sootbag1 Offline
Senior Poster

(04-10-2010 17:19 )Intense1 Wrote:  If any human believes that they have a valid argument that contradicts some rule or the other, then it is for that individual to convince the majority with that argument. Rules that the majority do not agree with are there to be defied in their struggle for change; whilst being well aware of the possible consequences from those in power.

I agree with your first statement, but not your second. Surely we shouldn't just defy every rule/law that we happen to personally disagree with? Rather, isn't it our responsibility to try and persuade others that our arguement has merit and the laws should be changed accordingly (in other words, the first point that you made)?

And in that vein, how many of us have actually written to our MP to express our anger and dismay at the way babe channels are dealt with by Ofcom? Posting opinions on internet forums when we're all preaching to the converted ain't gonna achieve jack-shit. Writing to your MP might just be the first step to actually changing minds.
04-10-2010 19:58
Intense1 Offline
Banned

(04-10-2010 19:58 )Sootbag1 Wrote:  
(04-10-2010 17:19 )Intense1 Wrote:  If any human believes that they have a valid argument that contradicts some rule or the other, then it is for that individual to convince the majority with that argument. Rules that the majority do not agree with are there to be defied in their struggle for change; whilst being well aware of the possible consequences from those in power.

I agree with your first statement, but not your second. Surely we shouldn't just defy every rule/law that we happen to personally disagree with? Rather, isn't it our responsibility to try and persuade others that our arguement has merit and the laws should be changed accordingly (in other words, the first point that you made)?

And in that vein, how many of us have actually written to our MP to express our anger and dismay at the way babe channels are dealt with by Ofcom? Posting opinions on internet forums when we're all preaching to the converted ain't gonna achieve jack-shit. Writing to your MP might just be the first step to actually changing minds.

I am in agreement with absolutely everything that you have said here. But there is one point that needs to be clarified. Where broadcasting matters are concerned it is not within the public domain to defy. Only those who have licences to broadcast can do this. So it is only their consensus that matters.

If you had read the thread titled "Ofom- current investigations", then you would see that I have expressed the very same opinion that 'talk only is insufficient'.

ETA: I should have added in this, that my entire argument WAS only to do with the majority, and not any personal defiance to laws.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2010 16:57 by Intense1.)
05-10-2010 09:14
verona Offline
Master Poster

Just returning to the original point about Danni specifically I wouldnt be surprised if this is her preference For years she never faced the camera except at oblique angles and whilst she had a spell of relenting maybe 6 months ago she may have gone back to her old ways with the assisitance of the cameraman
I notice though that similar camera tactics also seem to be employed with Louise Porter and there may be others of the girls I dont watch
05-10-2010 10:23
Intense1 Offline
Banned

(05-10-2010 10:23 )verona Wrote:  Just returning to the original point about Danni specifically I wouldnt be surprised if this is her preference For years she never faced the camera except at oblique angles and whilst she had a spell of relenting maybe 6 months ago she may have gone back to her old ways with the assisitance of the cameraman
I notice though that similar camera tactics also seem to be employed with Louise Porter and there may be others of the girls I dont watch

I do remember the time that you are talking about when things seem to have relented with Dani. It was as though some common sense was finally been applied. It did not last for very long!!!

Anyone who is familiar with Dani and her past performances; and also with her work in the sex industry, I think, would be extremely surprised if this was her call.

There are definitely some girls who you can tell are only prepared to do so much; and some who seem to completely manipulate the camera: like Dionne used to do. But I do not for one minute put Dani in those categories. Though, anything is possible.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2010 14:13 by Intense1.)
05-10-2010 14:05
Charlemagne Offline

She naked with or without Ofcoms permission.
09-10-2010 00:11