Poll: How has Ofcom's 'tightening up' of the babeshows affected your viewing of them?
Not at all (I watch them just as much as before)
To some degree (Don't watch them quite as much)
Severely (I hardly ever bother now)
Totaly (Given up completely and never watch)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average

How has Ofcom's 'tightening up' of the babeshows affected your viewing of them?

Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

RE: How has Ofcom's 'tightening up' of the babeshows affected your viewing of them?
Avoiding (in a somewhat weak and cowardly fashion) the above debate regarding the regulator's powers and their rights to exercise them, I will simply say that, as nothing more than a fairweather day-show follower, I've remained largely unaffected by the massive changes that have been observed by other, more diurnal, forum members.
As far as the night-shows go? Well, that's where I do most of my watching (yes, that's the word) and I honestly haven't noticed that great a difference. We've still got naked girls on-screen during the night. Hurrah for that!
Lots of nudie tease, not too brazen and all above board.
Boring? Not for me, and there's always R18 stuff elsewhere (as we have discussed ad nauseum).

If anything has affected my viewing at all, it's the slightly melancholy sensation I get every time I look at the call costs. I feel nostalgic for those cheap TVX calls.
They're gone now.
Like the Mastodon, the Dodo, the Passenger Pigeon....
We must act now to stop the extinction of £1.50/min calls, before they too are gone, and the world is roamed only by £2/mins. That will be a sad day.

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
31-12-2010 13:46
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

RE: How has Ofcom's 'tightening up' of the babeshows affected your viewing of them?
this is a biaised poll, there should be one that says better and that you watch them more.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
Production Professional with PhD
31-12-2010 16:28
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(31-12-2010 13:46 )Krill Liberator Wrote:  Avoiding (in a somewhat weak and cowardly fashion) the above debate regarding the regulator's powers and their rights to exercise them, I will simply say that, as nothing more than a fairweather day-show follower, I've remained largely unaffected by the massive changes that have been observed by other, more diurnal, forum members.
As far as the night-shows go? Well, that's where I do most of my watching (yes, that's the word) and I honestly haven't noticed that great a difference. We've still got naked girls on-screen during the night. Hurrah for that!
Lots of nudie tease, not too brazen and all above board.
Boring? Not for me, and there's always R18 stuff elsewhere (as we have discussed ad nauseum).

If anything has affected my viewing at all, it's the slightly melancholy sensation I get every time I look at the call costs. I feel nostalgic for those cheap TVX calls.
They're gone now.
Like the Mastodon, the Dodo, the Passenger Pigeon....
We must act now to stop the extinction of £1.50/min calls, before they too are gone, and the world is roamed only by £2/mins. That will be a sad day.

The channels that have the £1.50 make a lot of money, as I don't know the figures now for the UK to have a premium rate number, but it is not enough that, that amount needs charging, I personally think that some of the girls charge to much and the companies should actually grow some balls and dictate what the girls are paid, like every other business where the employer decides pay not the employee.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
31-12-2010 16:34
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

In all honesty I have to say that there's no change for me. The 900 plus channels are by far the most frequently watched channels on my SKY box. No amount of rule tightening will make me turn them off, they'll always be on at some point every night.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH: ZARA NEVADA
31-12-2010 16:36
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(31-12-2010 13:46 )Krill Liberator Wrote:  ... and there's always R18 stuff elsewhere (as we have discussed ad nauseum).

Well this is probably a debate for another thread, but the fact is there isn't R18 stuff elsewhere. The sub channels might claim to show 'fully uncut' R18 strength material, but it's not even close.
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2010 17:22 by StanTheMan.)
31-12-2010 17:21
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(31-12-2010 01:26 )Addison Wrote:  ... am indifferent to nip slips, don't care at all for the more showy/dominatrixy outfits (and the whole stroppy, ordering-around act that goes along with them)...

Well each to their own, but like Intense before me, I watch these channels for one reason and one reason only.

Call me a male-chauvinist pig, but unless the girls on screen are doing something to sexually excite me, I'm simply not interested. I don't care where they went on their hols, or what 'Barry' from Bristol sent them as a 'fan' gift. I'm not interested in the sort of Christmas they had or what they'll be doing for the new year. I don't even care what they're wearing as long as it comes off at some point.

I like women and have many female friends whom I can relate to, chat and get on with just fine, but when it comes to the babeshows I want to be entertained.
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2010 17:31 by StanTheMan.)
31-12-2010 17:29
newark red Offline
Master Poster

to be honest if im going to phone anywhere i phone the sexstation webshow it's half the price of the babeshows and you get to see some clunge!
31-12-2010 17:38
Addison Away
Lukewarm water

(31-12-2010 17:29 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(31-12-2010 01:26 )Addison Wrote:  ... am indifferent to nip slips, don't care at all for the more showy/dominatrixy outfits (and the whole stroppy, ordering-around act that goes along with them)...

Well each to their own, but like Intense before me, I watch these channels for one reason and one reason only.

Call me a male-chauvinist pig, but unless the girls on screen are doing something to sexually excite me, I'm simply not interested. I don't care where they went on their hols, or what 'Barry' from Bristol sent them as a 'fan' gift. I'm not interested in the sort of Christmas they had or what they'll be doing for the new year. I don't even care what they're wearing as long as it comes off at some point.

You haven't really absorbed the gist of what I said. I wasn't suggesting I like the sight of bare legs in denim shorts because it helps to fuel some sort of benign romantic holiday fantasy. No; it just happens to be an outfit ensemble that I find hot! It aids me in a certain direction. It hits the spot (stockings I can only tolerate as long as they, to use your phrase, "come off at some point." Well waddya know, we both like bare flesh!).

When you get down to it, I watch these shows for the same reason you and Intense do. I've noticed this about you before, Stan; if someone doesn't more or less share your own tastes and leanings, you have trouble understanding/respecting the fact. What you can't seem to get your head around is the idea that people are aroused and stimulated by lots of different things. Saying I'm indifferent to nip slips is just another way of saying I'm always going to get "sexually exit[ed]" by the sight of a great pair of legs and a pretty pair of feet. I get off on certain things (and the presentation of these things is crucial as to how much I get off), but at the end of the day that's what I'm looking for, just like you! I've said it before; I could never envisage being turned on by being encased in a suit of rubber, or by being trussed up, yelled at and whipped by a woman dressed up as a Standartenfuehrerin, but I have to credit that there are those out there who are turned on by such things, and aim to keep my world view as broadminded and tolerant as possible. Vivre la variete!
31-12-2010 20:25
benki Offline
Junior Poster

Ofcom are a bunch of idiots.
Rihanna and Christina Aguilera can dress like a whores on the X Factor, middle-aged women can get naked on How To Look Good Naked and you can get regular views of upskirt thong-shots on Strictly Cum Dancing (not Anne Widdecombe thank god, i might add) yet the girls on the babe channels start wearing outfits you can regularly see on any beach, and Ofcom comes down like a ton of bricks.
I just don't get it! annoyed
31-12-2010 21:28
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

They are all seen as forms of art, and babe channels are for sexual pleasure of people, BIG difference.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
31-12-2010 21:54