Poll: How has Ofcom's 'tightening up' of the babeshows affected your viewing of them?
Not at all (I watch them just as much as before)
To some degree (Don't watch them quite as much)
Severely (I hardly ever bother now)
Totaly (Given up completely and never watch)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average

How has Ofcom's 'tightening up' of the babeshows affected your viewing of them?

Gold Plated Pension Offline
paid to sip tea

RE: How has Ofcom's 'tightening up' of the babeshows affected your viewing of them?
Stan
The new guidance that Ofcom has imposed on the channels has not only affected my viewing habits but also my enjoyment.
The Pad was the only daytime babeshow i would watch but now the girls appear bored especially with the restrictions imposed on movement and positions to camera. Now Sky Poker channel gets my vote and X Factor if they keep upping the ante.
I thought it was a liberty when Ofcom through the ASA moved the sex chat start times on freeview to midnight and now putting an exact time on breast exposure and full nudity on Sky is an example of nanny state censorship and double standards especially when TVX and Red Hot TV can show breasts and simulated sex from 21.30 on their promo's with Top Shelf promo's showing full frontal nudity from 22.00 hours.
Always been a channel surfer rather than concentrating on a particular channel or presenter and naked shows i can take or leave (except when it's Caty C).
It's the tease and flirtatious manner i like but i do not want these channels to be stifled by bureaucratic small minded officials who appear to want to micro manage these broadcasters into oblivion, hence my stance against Ofcom.

Happy New Year everyone.

Generally Following

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/

http://www.indexoncensorship.org/

http://www.backlash-uk.org.uk/wp/

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/faqmf.htm

http://www.bis.gov.uk/brdo/publications/...sultations

Expect a Civil Service
Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2010 23:33 by Gold Plated Pension.)
31-12-2010 23:25
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Digital Dave Away
Retired

RE: How has Ofcom's 'tightening up' of the babeshows affected your viewing of them?
(31-12-2010 17:38 )newark red Wrote:  to be honest if im going to phone anywhere i phone the sexstation webshow it's half the price of the babeshows and you get to see some clunge!

Big Grin Is that you Jay? Wink
31-12-2010 23:26
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(31-12-2010 23:25 )Gold Plated Pension Wrote:  ...but now the girls appear bored especially with the restrictions imposed on movement and positions to camera.

...I thought it was a liberty when Ofcom through the ASA moved the sex chat start times on freeview to midnight and now putting an exact time on breast exposure and full nudity on Sky is an example of nanny state censorship and double standards

One effect of the chill hand of state control is bored presenters and channels playing safe. Imagine if comedy ran the risk of fines or channel closure for jokes deemed "too rude". Or how about "too political"?

As for double standards, in the past week or so I have seen, all FTA:
> Antichrist (film) on Sky Arts 2 at 11pm - shaft of erect penis entering vagina and less explicit but still strong female masturbation.
> Carry On Camping (film, cert U), afternoon on Dave or similar. "Nude scenes from the outset" as the warning said: opens with Sid James establishing his dirty old man credentials by taking his mate and their 2 girlfriends to the cinema to see a film about nudists. Male and female nudes seen from behind, relatively close, plus uncovered but less clear breasts. The opening cinema scene must have lasted 3 minutes, with 1-2 minutes of nudist footage, well beyond the minimum "Editorially Justified" to establish Sids intentions.
> Carry On Emmanuelle (film) - Dave or similar, late night, Kenneth Williams totally naked and lying face down on a bed, bum visible, then a woman mounts him with the intention of arousing him.

And for true double standards there is always Sexcetera, broadcast for 2 hours (11pm-1am) 7 days a week on LivingIt, Sky channel 114, close to Dave (111) and below BBC3 (115) and BBC4 (116). It routinely shows male and female genitals, and please dont tell me there is any serious journalistic intent.

Gone fishing
01-01-2011 03:05
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(31-12-2010 20:25 )Addison Wrote:  I've noticed this about you before, Stan; if someone doesn't more or less share your own tastes and leanings, you have trouble understanding/respecting the fact.

Well I'm sorry, Addison, I honestly didn't mean to disrespect your viewes. You're right, I am guilty of what you say, and I know I can come across as arsey a lot of the time. I just find it difficult to tone down my viewpoints sometimes, but that's all they are - my viewpoints.
01-01-2011 03:22
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(31-12-2010 23:25 )Gold Plated Pension Wrote:  I thought it was a liberty when Ofcom through the ASA moved the sex chat start times on freeview to midnight and now putting an exact time on breast exposure and full nudity on Sky is an example of nanny state censorship and double standards especially when TVX and Red Hot TV can show breasts and simulated sex from 21.30 on their promo's with Top Shelf promo's showing full frontal nudity from 22.00 hours.

I'd say ot was more tha a liberty, GPP. What Ofcom have done is probably quite illegal. Why the channels agreed to the new guidlines I'll never know. What the hell did Ofcom threaten them with to make them all sign up?
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2011 03:25 by StanTheMan.)
01-01-2011 03:24
thinwhiteduke Offline
Posting Machine

To the single person who's stopped watching altogether.
How about if it gets good ?
Come on admit it, you have a little peek..Wink

Station To Station - David Bowie
The European Cannon Is Here.
01-01-2011 03:43
Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

(31-12-2010 17:21 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(31-12-2010 13:46 )Krill Liberator Wrote:  ... and there's always R18 stuff elsewhere (as we have discussed ad nauseum).

Well this is probably a debate for another thread, but the fact is there isn't R18 stuff elsewhere. The sub channels might claim to show 'fully uncut' R18 strength material, but it's not even close.
Ah, no, I see what you mean - I simply meant that, in the absence of the regulators allowing the 900's to deliver what I want in terms of strength of content, then I have other options outside of satellite tv available to me.
Sorry, I wasn't very precise in my wording, but I wasn't implying that elsewhere on the EPG is some truly filthy delight just waiting to be watched.
Although I wish there was...Sad

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
01-01-2011 05:29
phil33 Offline
Apprentice Poster

(01-01-2011 03:05 )eccles Wrote:  As for double standards, in the past week or so I have seen, all FTA:
> Antichrist (film) on Sky Arts 2 at 11pm - shaft of erect penis entering vagina and less explicit but still strong female masturbation.

And for true double standards there is always Sexcetera, broadcast for 2 hours (11pm-1am) 7 days a week on LivingIt, Sky channel 114, close to Dave (111) and below BBC3 (115) and BBC4 (116). It routinely shows male and female genitals, and please dont tell me there is any serious journalistic intent.

Two questions/points and apologies for being pedantic but:

1. isn't Sky Arts part of a package and not FTA.

2. I didn't think Sexcetera showed female genitalia - I've only very briefly flicked in to watch and when I have any sign of labia have been blurred. IIRC Ofcom found against them a while ago saying a depiction of labia was insufficiently justified by context and so the blurring.
01-01-2011 13:47
BarrieBF Offline
Posting Machine

I'm watching daytime shows less. Nights no difference.
01-01-2011 16:53
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(01-01-2011 13:47 )phil33 Wrote:  2. I didn't think Sexcetera showed female genitalia - I've only very briefly flicked in to watch and when I have any sign of labia have been blurred. IIRC Ofcom found against them a while ago saying a depiction of labia was insufficiently justified by context and so the blurring.

That is true, phil, but uncencored segments still slip through the net on a fairly regular basis - and I don't think they're accidents. They go unpunished, I might ad.
01-01-2011 20:13