Poll: Which babechannel will be next to feel the wrath of Ofcom?
This poll is closed.
Babestation 6.52% 3 6.52%
Elite 23.91% 11 23.91%
Babeworld 0% 0 0%
Sportxxx 26.09% 12 26.09%
Club Paradiso 2.17% 1 2.17%
Redlight Central 28.26% 13 28.26%
TVX 2.17% 1 2.17%
Asian Babes 6.52% 3 6.52%
ChatgirlTV 4.35% 2 4.35%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Ofcom's next target

SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

RE: Ofcom's next target
I think that now Ofcom have got a taste of the babechannels blood and know that they won't put up a fight, it's not a matter of 'if' but 'when' they will target another babechannel and it sounds like they already have got a new target in their sight. I just hope that which ever channel is next, they put up a better fight than Bangmedia did because otherwise in 5yrs time the babechannels will cease to exist.annoyedannoyed

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
13-01-2011 14:08
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gold Plated Pension Offline
paid to sip tea

(13-01-2011 14:08 )SYBORG666 Wrote:  I think that now Ofcom have got a taste of the babechannels blood and know that they won't put up a fight, it's not a matter of 'if' but 'when' they will target another babechannel and it sounds like they already have got a new target in their sight. I just hope that which ever channel is next, they put up a better fight than Bangmedia did because otherwise in 5yrs time the babechannels will cease to exist.annoyedannoyed

Make that 18 months. Ofcom are currently consulting on changing their enforcement protocol and their delivery focus for the next 12 months.
From what i can see they are removing a layer of appeal (internal) that the broadcasters can utilise following a breach decision. There is a lot more to these consultations which is partially due to budget restraints and job losses in content/compliance section. i will be posting more on this in a seperate thread.

Generally Following

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/

http://www.indexoncensorship.org/

http://www.backlash-uk.org.uk/wp/

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/faqmf.htm

http://www.bis.gov.uk/brdo/publications/...sultations

Expect a Civil Service
Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2011 17:41 by Gold Plated Pension.)
13-01-2011 17:40
matt38 Offline
Posting Machine

Looks like Ofcom have got someone in their sight allready, and its Rupert Murdoch and Sky.
13-01-2011 20:26
Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

(12-01-2011 18:39 )Chilly Wrote:  If TJ on SportxxxBabes continues with the way she's been going on her recent shows, then I've no doubt a rival babe channel someone will be writing a complaint to Ofcom in the not too distant future. Wink
I was going to say kind of the same thing about Denni Tayla's shows.. I shall not discuss content here as Monsieur Ofcrat may be reading, other than to say that Denni's reading of "Charlotte's Web" was charming, moving and ultimately uplifting, and I especially liked her choice of high-collared Edwardian dress.

On a more serious note, I wish these damned hiccups would go away.

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
13-01-2011 21:20
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

The only channel that I think should be targeted by Ofcom, is Asian Babes because of the ladyboys. I maybe wrong, but having a title with babes in and then using dudes with boobs is against the trades description act I believe.

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
13-01-2011 21:28
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

I voted Sportxxx, but whichever channel they hit it's going to be a very petty affair - even by Ofcom's standards - as the channels are complete and utter shite now.
13-01-2011 22:54
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(13-01-2011 21:28 )SYBORG666 Wrote:  The only channel that I think should be targeted by Ofcom, is Asian Babes because of the ladyboys. I maybe wrong, but having a title with babes in and then using dudes with boobs is against the trades description act I believe.

I'm with youon that one, but I think 'trades description' is a little strong. I'm not sure 'Babes' describes anything definatively, does it?
13-01-2011 22:56
thinwhiteduke Offline
Posting Machine

(13-01-2011 21:28 )SYBORG666 Wrote:  The only channel that I think should be targeted by Ofcom, is Asian Babes because of the ladyboys. I maybe wrong, but having a title with babes in and then using dudes with boobs is against the trades description act I believe.
This post has just got me thinking, if the ladyboys got their tits out during the day is this an offence ?..Smile They are blokes after all..Smile

Station To Station - David Bowie
The European Cannon Is Here.
13-01-2011 23:33
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

No more of an offence than if Johnny Vegas took his top of, or any image ever of Noel Edmonds.

If we are going to be petty about misleading channel titles, how about Xplicit (not explicit), Babestation (no trains, no tunnels), Babeworld (UK only judging by the Union Jack flag), Get Lucky TV (I havent), Elite Knights (starts before sunset in summer and no suits of armour, though plenty of amour), Honey Nights and Cream Live (no foodstuffs), The Other Side (no psychic content), Brit Ladies (a Lady wouldnt do that), Northern Birds (werent some of them Essex Babes earlier), Essex Babes (same bird on both, is she bi?), 40+ Readers Wives (only one on screen), Elite Nights (surely the title "Elite" should be reserved for The Other Side, featuring HRH Camilla) and SportxxxGirls (not a hockey stick between them).

Gone fishing
14-01-2011 01:08
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

Given what the TVX girls are wearing today, I reckon Ofcom will be going after them!!
14-01-2011 16:30