Poll: Which babechannel will be next to feel the wrath of Ofcom?
This poll is closed.
Babestation 6.52% 3 6.52%
Elite 23.91% 11 23.91%
Babeworld 0% 0 0%
Sportxxx 26.09% 12 26.09%
Club Paradiso 2.17% 1 2.17%
Redlight Central 28.26% 13 28.26%
TVX 2.17% 1 2.17%
Asian Babes 6.52% 3 6.52%
ChatgirlTV 4.35% 2 4.35%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Ofcom's next target

Scottishbloke Away
Banned

RE: Ofcom's next target
Ofcom are going out all guns blazing with a mission to dumb down as many channels as possible and once they've achieved that target we will gradually begin to see a collapse in the entire market. So it appears the 2 they have at the moment in their sights is Elite and Red Light Central. Babestation however for the time being is safe but the reality of the situation is Ofcom will eventually target them too. Nobody is safe. I've said this before but all the babe channels need to club together in a sort of coalition if you want to call it that and challenge ofcom and all that government censorship brings. Great Britain unlike some countries is a democracy and the babe channels should realise this and show or hold no fear in challenging the authorities that be even despite the fact not all of them at the moment are under the same scrutiny as the 2 named above because it's all part of the grand scheme of ofcom to close them all down or force the channels out of business such will be the cost of running a show that lacks any sort of erotic material thus equals no viewers or callers which will ultimately lead to liquidation. Act now before it's too late.
02-02-2011 22:34
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

Forum Posts
Perfectly put Scottishbloke because that is the reality of the situation now with regards to Ofcom and the babechannels. The only way that Ofcom will back off, is if the babechannels pull together and challenge Ofcom as a united group because no matter how tame the babechannels get, Ofcom will always find something to fine them for until they no longer exist. Unfortunatley, there is more chance in me becoming the next king of England because the babechannels seem to be happy to along with Ofcom and it will become a case of 'we told you so' within the next couple of years. The babechannels need to also realise that if Ofcom was defeated and the rules relaxed, the babechannels would then make a better profit because there would be more reasons to call in.

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
02-02-2011 23:50
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(26-01-2011 22:52 )SYBORG666 Wrote:  ... they're not even worth watching. Oops, too lateBounceannoyed

They're really not. It's a sad state of affairs and I'm getting bored, not only with the shows themselves, but with the whole situation. If they all got closed down tomorrow I really couldn't care less. They've all had their chance and they've all continued to kowtow to Ofcom, so I say fuck 'em all. There hasn't been a single, solitary post in any of these Ofcom threads from a babeshow representitive, suggesting they're perfectly happy to go along with anything Ofcom demand.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2011 17:31 by StanTheMan.)
03-02-2011 17:27
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

I'm beginning to wonder too why no babe channels representatives have ever challenged ofcom's strict rulings. Then I come to the conclusion for as long as they are making a profit and demand is still their for people to phone the shows then the income will keep rolling in, but when the money dries up and more and more people boycott the shows only then will they take a stand against ofcom. When Eurotic tv went tame a few years ago such was the massive audience revolt they quickly amended for their errors and got their finger out and started to broadcast hot shows again. The reason being unlike the British our European counterparts won't tolerate poor shows night after night and make no mistake about it Eurotic Tv was very close to going bust at one point. We the British however do tolerate poor shows and unlike Eurotic Tv do not take a stand against the censors and continue to phone the shows night after night. Drastic changes are needed and I challenge the likes of Babestation to come on this forum and inform us of their long term plans rather than being ass kissed on other threads.
03-02-2011 17:56
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

I expect no changes from Babestaion for the following reasons

1) Their near monopoly of the Freeview platform

and

2) With about another half a million children reaching puberty or becoming 18 every year, I would imagine the number of new viewers/callers to the shows is outweighing any existing viewers/callers who stop watching for one reason or another. These new viewers will not have seen the older stuff for comparison.
03-02-2011 18:28
Kenilo Offline
Master Poster

Funny how Eurothrash keeps getting a re-run considering the amount of naked german men running around on it along with Sexcetera and they are full of rather strange tastes at times. Yet these programmes are not confined to the 900 channels. How come OFCOM are'nt on their cases as much as the babe channels or is it the case that if OFCOM are self monitoring the channels they dont mind looking at naked german men but despise the sight of a beautiful female body even when dresses. Sin cities is another one that gets constant re-runs
03-02-2011 19:43
Gold Plated Pension Offline
paid to sip tea

(03-02-2011 19:43 )Kenilo Wrote:  Funny how Eurothrash keeps getting a re-run considering the amount of naked german men running around on it along with Sexcetera and they are full of rather strange tastes at times. Yet these programmes are not confined to the 900 channels. How come OFCOM are'nt on their cases as much as the babe channels or is it the case that if OFCOM are self monitoring the channels they dont mind looking at naked german men but despise the sight of a beautiful female body even when dresses. Sin cities is another one that gets constant re-runs

I believe that the channels that use to include that content have now been removed from the Sky EPG and replace with Sky's own channels from the 1st Feb.

Generally Following

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/

http://www.indexoncensorship.org/

http://www.backlash-uk.org.uk/wp/

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/faqmf.htm

http://www.bis.gov.uk/brdo/publications/...sultations

Expect a Civil Service
Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
03-02-2011 19:56
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Yes we had Eurotrash which was on Bravo Tv but ceased transmission last month. The only channel to note is Sky Livingit who are showing repeats of Sexcetera and E! Entertainment who are showing Girls of the Playboy Mansion but don't bank on these being on the air for much longer in the future either. What we are seeing now is a mass clear out of any sort of Adult Entertainment. I've been with SKY TV now since 2004 and what you saw back then and now is night and day as presently it's at it's lowest ebb. But their is a saying that things go round in cycles so who knows a few years from now we might just see a remergence of more Adult oriented material but for the time being we are certainly going through something of a dark period.
03-02-2011 20:31
stingersplash Offline
Senior Poster

to be fair though the babe channels have had a bloody good run, ive been watching on and off since 2003 and im sure they must have been around before then. so 8 years at least, think about those horrible rip-off quiz channels that started springing up a few years ago. they all died a death thanks to ofcom. and some of the babe channels are just as bad as taking money from people, so in the end they will probably all dissapear as the ofcom rules get tighter. but they have lasted far longer than the quiz channels and longer than many probably thought. what was 2 channels is now a boatload.
03-02-2011 20:44
Kenilo Offline
Master Poster

Sorry stingersplash but what do you mean "they all died a death thanks to OFCOM". OFCOM should not have the right to tell me what to watch. I am well able to decide what to watch and what is shite on the screen, and I have this thing on me hand called a finger and it works the channel up/down button on the remote. If watching some of those rip-off channels floats someones boat let them at it . If they are stupid enough to participate and loose money its their own fault. But dont try to tell me that OFCOM and the Mary Whitehouse Brigade have the right to ban all kinds of sexual and erotic material. We are not talking about hard core sex here. These programmes provide mild titilation and thats about it. Its tucked away in its own section on the TV, its on late at night and they should be able to last as long as there is a market for them and people want to ring them up. As soon as the punters stop ringing them the the programme will fail and go off air. But not because some bible bashing hypocrite forces them off air. And what then. As the title of this thread suggests. If they succeed what will their next target be. Do you honestly think they will just cast aside their new found power over the watching media. They will run amok with it.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2011 21:15 by Kenilo.)
03-02-2011 21:13