Poll: Which babechannel will be next to feel the wrath of Ofcom?
This poll is closed.
Babestation 6.52% 3 6.52%
Elite 23.91% 11 23.91%
Babeworld 0% 0 0%
Sportxxx 26.09% 12 26.09%
Club Paradiso 2.17% 1 2.17%
Redlight Central 28.26% 13 28.26%
TVX 2.17% 1 2.17%
Asian Babes 6.52% 3 6.52%
ChatgirlTV 4.35% 2 4.35%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Ofcom's next target

eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

RE: Ofcom's next target
(03-02-2011 20:44 )stingersplash Wrote:  ... think about those horrible rip-off quiz channels that started springing up a few years ago. they all died a death thanks to ofcom. and some of the babe channels are just as bad as taking money from people, so in the end they will probably all dissapear as the ofcom rules get tighter. ...

Er, remind me, werent some of those "horrible rip off channels" fragrantly breaking quiz rules by changing the prize value of winning labels AFTER the quiz had started and AFTER viewers had won the right to turn over the label in order to keep the game going and delay - or avoid - paying big prizes. If a village tombola stall let people pay, select a ticket, see the number (say 25) and THEN changed what the ticket won (25=Holiday, changed to 25=packet of cheeze) then Mr Plod would rush them away for a court hearing before you could say Big Ears.

And some operators were only putting through people who they knew had a wrong answer, on premium rate pay numbers.

Its usually called fraud and is strictly illegal, unlike adult content which is subjective and at worse a breach of regulations and a minor civil offence.

But hang on. The people who only put callers with wrong answers through were radio stations, and they did not go out of business.

There was a big TV awards do, based on public votes, on one of the big commercial stations, and winner was filmed receiving the award in a sequence recorded some time before voting had finished.

In fact, big public service broadcast channels were fined a total of £6 million, dwarfing anything the little fish were fined. And those big channels are still in operation.

Ofcom only stepped in when whistleblowers gave them chapter and verse.

The main reason the quiz channels vanished is not that they were fined, but that the sad pathetic loosers who spent their time throwing cash at innane grinning used car salesmen running dodgy quizzes have moved on and now play bingo, poker, or horse racing on TV, or save money and watch reruns on Challenge TV.

Gone fishing
03-02-2011 23:10
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

The way I see Ofcom going is as Kenilo put it amok but so did the Nazi party, the power Ofcom currently hold is down to fact just like the Nazi Party where in Germany during the 1930's remained unchallenged so do Ofcom. Amok almost certain they will. Here's what I think will happen if things continue the way they are going. Ofcom will wipe out all forms of erotic entertainment including the whole spectrum of the 900's which will just be a distant memory. Once they've finished with them they won't stop no next they'll be targeting other channels too such as Comedy Central and programmes such as South Park and ofcourse programmes like Frankie Boyles too. What we will be left with if we're not careful is only non offensive comedy and drama's that Ofcom would refer to as bringing family value into the home such as shitty 70's style family fortunes, give us a clue and not to forget Songs of Praise. Nobody but nobody is safe from Ofcom victimisation. PS we now have 7 fucking channels on the 900's all with black screens, now where did I put my bottle of whisky!
03-02-2011 23:16
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(02-02-2011 19:41 )Gold Plated Pension Wrote:  With two broadcasters currently facing the wrath of Ofc@m, one possibly facing a revocation notice, a new target is on the horizon.

Previously found in breach for daytime content they now face a further 9 investigations. Will we be seeing a future thread titled Elite TV RIP

The regulator is currently investigating the following

Up to 28 January 2011
Programme Channel Transmission Date Date Lodged

Elite Days Elite TV Tuesday, 30 November 2010 30 November 2010
Elite Days Elite TV Wednesday, 01 December 2010 01 December 2010
Elite Days Elite TV2 Wednesday, 08 December 2010 08 December 2010
Elite Nights Elite TV Tuesday, 30 November 2010 01 December 2010
Elite Nights Elite TV2 Monday, 06 December 2010 06 December 2010
Elite Nights Elite TV Thursday, 16 December 2010 25 January 2011
Elite Nights Elite TV Wednesday, 22 December 2010 25 January 2011
Elite Nights Elite TV Friday, 31 December 2010 06 January 2011
Elite Nights Elite TV Tuesday, 04 January 2011 25 January 2011

The investigations will result in a large fine due to previous 'in breach' findings. We do not want to see them going the way of Bang, but this is the way of the regulator.

The regulator has upped their game with regard to compliance, can the broadcasters challenge these, i believe they can.

Odd. Why did not Ofcom not report these before 28 Jan? Does it lump all investigations for a particular broadcaster in a shoebox until there are enough?

Most of the Elite complaints are they same or next day as the broadcast. But others were lodged 3 days, 1 week, even 3 weeks after the event.

The focus on a single channel over an entire month has all the hallmarks of a single vexatious complainant.

PS. Whats Page 3 on Zing?

Gone fishing
03-02-2011 23:41
oooxooo Offline
Junior Poster

(03-02-2011 17:27 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(26-01-2011 22:52 )SYBORG666 Wrote:  ... they're not even worth watching. Oops, too lateBounceannoyed

They're really not. It's a sad state of affairs and I'm getting bored, not only with the shows themselves, but with the whole situation. If they all got closed down tomorrow I really couldn't care less. They've all had their chance and they've all continued to kowtow to Ofcom, so I say fuck 'em all. There hasn't been a single, solitary post in any of these Ofcom threads from a babeshow representitive, suggesting they're perfectly happy to go along with anything Ofcom demand.
right on i havnt given any of these mother fucking rip of merchants a brass fathing for years clear the lot out once and for all and then maybe some new blood will come in with some balls and a few brains
04-02-2011 00:19
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

Forum Posts
As Scottishbloke said we've got 7 channels with black screens, were also getting channels having the same girls night after night ie, Donna Duke for approximately the 5th night this week. Anyway back to the point, it is clear that a the rate Ofcom are going and without any of the babechannels challenging the complaints, we will soon have the same level of censorship as we did 100yrs ago. For fuck sake Ofcom, get some prospective, there is far more offensive stuff on tv e.g, programmes showing drug use. Whether for shock value or insight makes no difference. What is more dangerous, a naked woman or showing people getting of their tits on Cocaine, Heroin or Ecstasy. As for the babechannels, get your shit together and start fighting for your right to show nudity because i'm sure if you look through these threads, you have got alot of people who agree that you are getting unfairly punished for wanting to give your viewers what they want. Rant over.annoyedannoyedannoyed

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
04-02-2011 00:22
blackjaques Offline
Senior Poster

3 cheers for Ofcon:
1) Hurrah: our streets are now much safer

2) Hurrah: Ofcon are far better at protecting children than the social services

3) Hurrah: The UK is now leaving all sex on TV to that dirty Johnnny Foreignor

How lucky Britain is to have such an organisation.
04-02-2011 00:22
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Right now I feel like getting a fucking hammer to my SKY box and then throw it against a brick wall. I can't fucking stand it. 7 bastard channels down now. Come the end of this month we'll probably be down to 1 or 2 channels left on the EPG. But lets take a step back and look at the entire run of events so far at the end of 2010 and into 2011. First up we have Bangbabes - Channel revoked by Ofcom. Next up Babeworld - closed down probably gone bust and now we have Sportxxx - Black fucking screen saying it's down to technical problems. Who's to say it's not and has infact too been closed down by Ofcom. It's babe channels Armageddon now. 2011 - remember that year as it could possibly be the year that all babe channels ceased to exist.
04-02-2011 00:26
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

Forum Posts
On the positive side, at least we don't have ladyboys shoving their crotches all over the screen. BounceBounce

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
04-02-2011 00:38
Digital Dave Away
Retired

We are certainly living through strange times.

As the Sport channels go dark totally unexpectedly and Ofcom declares war on Elite, a UFO hovers over the Temple Mount, the Middle East is in meltdown, Australia is pulverised by floods and cyclone, we can take comfort from one immutable fact...

No matter what happens, even if the aliens invade or Jesus reappears, she will always be lying motionless on a bed in the Club Paradiso studio with sun cream on her tits, night after night, week after week, year after year.

It is written thus. Wink
04-02-2011 00:46
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

I never watched the Ladyboy's of Bangcock but neither did I object to it either. If I don't like something then I just simply change the channel such as are the wonders of technology. But who are these fucking morons out there who do complain to Ofcom. Come on you bastards join this forum so we can all see exactly what you have to say for yourselves. I challenge anybody with these moralistic views to post their comments but they won't because just like Ofcom they don't have the fucking balls to do so!!!!!!
04-02-2011 00:47