gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

ALERT! Server upgrade & downtime

admin. Offline
Administrator

ALERT! Server upgrade & downtime
To provide the forum with better performance the forum server is about to be ungraded. The upgrade will take place in a few hours time, in the early hours of Saturday, most likely between 3:00 and 6:00. The forum should be offline for about 30 minutes whilst this upgrade takes place. If there are any problems or complications which cause a delay, an update on the progress of the upgrade will be posted on twitter at UKBabeChannels.
14-01-2011 23:38
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

RE: ALERT! Server upgrade & downtime
Did the upgrade go ahead then?

I'm only asking because your scrolling message says it still to be done. But you statement above, said it should have been done by now.

The forum at present is working the best I've known it. But it's been that way since, early last night. Big Grin
15-01-2011 15:50
Chimpy Offline
Damn Dirty Ape!

I dont know if it was because i was tired and blurry eyed or because of that rum i stole from Alexfury but i think the scrolling message bar was saying "I can see dead people" last night

And now he's home... and we're laughing...like we always did...
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2011 16:12 by Chimpy.)
15-01-2011 16:05
admin. Offline
Administrator

(15-01-2011 15:50 )aceman65 Wrote:  Did the upgrade go ahead then?

I'm only asking because your scrolling message says it still to be done. But you statement above, said it should have been done by now.

Yes the upgrade went ahead although it is still to be fully completed. It will take another 10-15 mins downtime to finish the job and this downtime will probably occur within the next 2 hours. I've just updated the scrolling message to reflect the current position.
15-01-2011 17:45
admin. Offline
Administrator

The forum is back online for the second time today and the server upgrade is now complete. Smile
15-01-2011 18:54
Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

Well, Hurrah for that!

Good work, Sirs!

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
15-01-2011 20:08
Chimpy Offline
Damn Dirty Ape!

*breathes deep* Ahhhh! its even got that new forum smell Smile

And now he's home... and we're laughing...like we always did...
15-01-2011 20:25
HEX!T Away
Retired

it does seem to be generally faster, but last night it still took about 60 seconds to get off the main page and into a section, it only happend the 1s @about 10:30
1 other thing, is it better to upload your avatar onto this server or have it hosted on another like photobucket. i noticed b4 the change over that when i was hosting it on photobucket, it loaded quickly. but @xmas i made a change and instead of uploading it to my host i just used the brows pc and upload button. when i did this my avatar would often be slow to load, and often be buggy when say i scrolled down the page.

so i guess im asking which method has the lowest overhead on this server..
if its off server on public host then maybe you can get rid of the upload from pc button in user cp which should lighten the load somewhat.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
16-01-2011 09:50
Jack Vikare Offline
Senior Poster

I've also found the forum to be generally pretty fast today, but my impression is that the real purpose of the upgrade was not speed but to eliminate the "my sql errors" or "internal server errors" that were spoiling the forum experience for aceman65, rover etc etc, as reported many times in the mysql error thread. If so, it seems to have worked so far at least, as nobody's posted anymore error messages since the upgrade
16-01-2011 12:44
ledders69 Offline
Sinking Addick.

Cheers admin for doing this we appreciate it tons with what you have done.Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

FAVOURITE BABES

| 1: PAIGE TYLER | 2: SOPHIA KNIGHT | 3: GRACIE LEWIS | 4: CHARLIE O'NEAL | 5: ANASTASIA HARRIS | 6: ADELE TAYLOR | 7: TAMMY TAYLOR | 8: ROSIE LEE | 9: CAITLIN WYNTERS | 10: ELLA JOLIE |
16-01-2011 17:29

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles