Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Is anyone else sick of the suck-up's?

jordo Offline
L.F.C

Is anyone else sick of the suck-up's?
I think this thread is way, way overdue!
I will make it clear now that this thread is not meant to cause controversy or to be directed at any single person before I carry on with what I'm about to say. I only want to know other peoples opinions.

Now, I believe I am in the top 100 of "longest serving" on this forum. I may be wrong but this is not important. In the beginning, we could come on this forum and discuss the channels freely. By freely I mean we could express what we thought about the channels without the "suck-ups" of the forum complaining about us being too hard on the girls or being out of order. Now I'd like it if the guys who have been here a while and experienced what the forum was like before the girls started posting, to come forward and express their opinions. I myself believe the forum was a better place without the constant advertising and sucking up and I would like it if it went back to how it was before. The chances of this happening are extremely slim if not non-existent. I'll say again that this IS NOT directed at anyone in particular, I just want to hear the opinions of others.
24-01-2009 12:58
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Midlifecrisis Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Is anyone else sick of the suck-up's?
jordo Wrote:I think this thread is way, way overdue!
I will make it clear now that this thread is not meant to cause controversy or to be directed at any single person before I carry on with what I'm about to say. I only want to know other peoples opinions.

Now, I believe I am in the top 100 of "longest serving" on this forum. I may be wrong but this is not important. In the beginning, we could come on this forum and discuss the channels freely. By freely I mean we could express what we thought about the channels without the "suck-ups" of the forum complaining about us being too hard on the girls or being out of order. Now I'd like it if the guys who have been here a while and experienced what the forum was like before the girls started posting, to come forward and express their opinions. I myself believe the forum was a better place without the constant advertising and sucking up and I would like it if it went back to how it was before. The chances of this happening are extremely slim if not non-existent. I'll say again that this IS NOT directed at anyone in particular, I just want to hear the opinions of others.

I think most of the guys here do like the interaction with the babes,where else would you get this, you would have to go to a Strip club where you are charged for there services.Here they express there feelings on the forum,yeah sometimes its over the score, but there again so is some of the critism levelled at the babes. Just my opinion.I personally will Pm a babe if i think i would embarrass myself or the girls on here.
24-01-2009 13:06
jordo Offline
L.F.C

That is exactly what I'm talking about mate. The part where you mentioned the criticism levelled at the girls. That was the whole point of this forum to begin with. Where we could come on and discuss the channels in any which way we wanted. Regardless of hurting these girls feelings. Seeing the way people drool over them and actually believe they care about what any of us think makes me sick! At the end of the day, they are in an industry where they're bound to be criticised for the work they do and every single one of them are working under aliases. They come here for one thing and one thing only and that is to advertise.
24-01-2009 13:11
$h!ny h3lm3t Offline
* annaholic *

The need possibly for a dedicated 'chatroom' seems ever greater now, an ideal forum addition where you can take 'chat' if you wanna suck up and interract, i have communicated with admin about this and await his views etc.
I am as guilty as the next guy for interraction, so until a chatroom is put in place there's no option but to chat on the forum.

If your dying day is near, spend it with a can of beer.
When the angels start to call, make sure you`ve drunk it all.
24-01-2009 13:12
jordo Offline
L.F.C

Good to see a couple of opinions... Even though no-one seems to share mine. I also noticed there have been 38 views and only 3 replies... one of them being mine. It seems people are scared to say how they feel?
24-01-2009 13:45
doc7576 Offline
Master Poster

Jordo does raise some good points. I originally joined the forum the day before he did and although I did originally join due to an off topic subject and have only started getting involved again since yesterday, I have noticed a change from a few months ago.

Part of this is due to the fact that at the time the models were not as aware of the site as they are now and therefore people did feel free to post any comment they wanted. Obviously over time more and more of the "babes" have joined the forum, some with good results some with bad.

It all depends on what you class as being sucking up. As i said above I have not been involved for a while and spent a lot of time yesterday reading through posts and as a result some of the models I had not been aware of have been brought to my attention. Some of them have come across as being very genuine in there interaction on here and if I have felt this to be true then I have left a message stating that opinion. I havent done this to get interaction but to state a feeling felt at the time of reading their posts.

I have noticed a few threads which seem to be getting out of hand that are posted in the main and channel sections, which is why I personally like the babes section which gives the models on here the chance to have their own bit of the forum. This gives people the ability to go to a specific model and post or "suck up" as they see fit and the models are free to interact as they seem fit. Personaly think that the addition of further babe sections for the models could be a better alternative to the chat room as chat rooms from past experience have the tendancy to be abused and the individual blogs can be kept upto date as and when.

Constructive criticism should be allowed of the models and or stations however the line needs to be drawn if there is an all out personal attack.

The above being said, I do not want to see the site turned into just an advertising forum for the models which is something I have noticed happening recently. From what I read yesterday there are quite a few genuine models on here not just for advertising (although they do keep us informed of possible on air dates). The few that came to light yesterday and from previous postings include cherry and harmony from sextstation who do have good input onto the site (and cherry is most definately as mad as a box of frogs), alipp who seems very genuine indeed and even has contact with members outside of the forum, Anastasia who takes the time to come on whenever she can and keeps people up to date with what she is doing and finally Sasha, if you read through the posts in her section you can clearly tell that she is a genuine, honest and caring person and she uses her section as a proper blog to interact with members about everything not just work related subjects. Am sure there are probably more but these are the ones that stood out yesterday whilst reading thousands of posts.

Everything in life is constantly changing and as humans we have to adapt to these changes and move forward, life would be great if things stayed as we all remember but it doesnt work like that.

Well think thats about it, again nothing is aimed at anybody so nobody should take any offence.
24-01-2009 14:10
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

I originally joined the forum in either July or August of last year, I can't remember which. My old account went squiffy and I had to rejoin, Admin merged both accounts from my IP address into the new one. When I first signed up the most users online at one time was 36 and total membership maybe double or treble that. I say that only to make the point that I've been here a long time.

I remember the old forum, with a very small number of threads vigorously maintained by a small number of hardcore posters with the skills and equipment to cap a lot of material and share it with each other. It was very easy to find what you were looking for if it was on here, but a little intimidating for someone with little to contribute themselves in terms of content.

The forum grew exponentially in the first few months after I joined and came to resemble the place it is now with a large number of posts and repeated mentions of the same girls over and over again. In accordance with Scalzi's Law of Internet Invocation, if you name them they will come. Did it change things? A little bit. For better, or worse? I honestly think that is a truly subjective matter. It would go badly for any member who dared to voice the opinion that such-and-such a girl looks like a disease riddled crack whore, certainly. But is that really such a bad thing to have to put up with? To me at least, no; if anything it improves my time spent here as the likelihood of flame wars breaking out is lessened somewhat, since people have to watch what they say. The problem with words on a screen is that it is too easy to get carried away in criticism, knowing that the person you're talking to or about isn't going to lamp you for saying it. Knowing that they can read what you say and flame you back along with their supporters helps to keep criticism balanced and on the whole constructive.

On the other hand, watching the slavish devotion some members pay to certain other members who's names are in pink can be nauseating to someone with no strong feelings one way or the other about any particular woman in question. Does that detract from my own enjoyment of the site as a whole? No, not at all. I know which threads to avoid for whichever reason that may be. Having checked out other forums of a similar nature to this one, I find here to be the most balanced of the bunch and haven't bothered signing up to any others.

I agree that free speech is vitally important, but I also feel that if you want free speech for youself, you have to accept it for others as well. The idea of membership to this messageboard being in some way restricted, so as to allow for personal criticism without response makes me uncomfortable. Just recently I said some personal and nasty things about Bonkers; he was free to respond to that in anyway he chose and so was anyone who disagreed with my comments, he chose to attack everyone rather than me specifically, but if he had chosen to do so that would have been fine with me. The possibility of being harangued back is in my mind part and parcel of putting fingertip to keyboard.

That's my two'pennorth, anyway. I'm a strong believer in the right to reply.

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
24-01-2009 15:48
jordo Offline
L.F.C

tmfkamr, your posts really are a joy to read. You put your opinions over so well and I never find it boring reading. I kinda wish this thread had got a bit more attention than it has but the mixed responses posted already have given me an idea of how people feel.
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2009 19:21 by jordo.)
24-01-2009 19:20
*Kal-El* Away
Superman

i totally agree

"No Clark I know Everything About You, I Didn’t Just Borrow Your DNA, I Have All Your Memories All Your Thoughts......Every Last Twisted One of Them”.
24-01-2009 19:21
G@Z! Offline
Banned

i'm not getting involved Sad
24-01-2009 19:22

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS