Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 3.11 Average

Losing forum members - Relax!!!

$h!ny h3lm3t Offline
* annaholic *

Question Losing forum members - Relax!!!
I see Gazwim has now left the forum/s and this not so long after BelfastBadBoy.
Seems something is wrong here, for these guys to suddenly up and leave.

If your dying day is near, spend it with a can of beer.
When the angels start to call, make sure you`ve drunk it all.
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2009 16:27 by $h!ny h3lm3t.)
24-01-2009 15:59
Find all posts by this user
doc7576 Offline
Master Poster

RE: Losing forum members - Is something wrong?
Dont know if he has actually gone gone as it were. He seemed to get annoyed at some comments/sarcasm aimed at him and immediately put down he was leaving, but was back after about 30 mins after cooling down. So dont know if he has gone or just hasnt changed his profile back yet.

However some of the longer standing active posters do seem to be leaving and the majority of the time it seems to be due to reactions to peoples comments on their posts whether it be sarcasm or direct attacks.

I will really start to worry if I see a post from kalel with his avatar saying away! lol
24-01-2009 16:16
datalossfs Offline
Yes - I Promote April

Gazwim seemed to have his own issues to deal with, this place was making him feel worse hopefully he might return at some point soon as he's not technically left http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...&page=last

As for BBB I did not know him very well but he seemed like a good bloke Sad

April's Official Site http://www.aprilsummers.co.uk

April's Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=77867111000

April's Facebook Profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profil...0420444941

April's Facebook Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/April-Summers/61483588284
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2009 16:18 by datalossfs.)
24-01-2009 16:17
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

In both cases it was a matter of personal disagreement with another member. I'm not sure that a few disagreements and personality clashes counts as a forum in crisis, though. With well over 5000 members, 25.7% of those members posting, over 100 members making more than 100 posts and several into the many hundreds or thousands there are bound to be people who don't get along. Unfortunately two big and fairly public ones have taken place in the last couple of weeks so it can paint a deceiving picture of how things are going. In my own experience it's just part of January, people are still coming down from the holidays, they're skint and the weather stinks. That being the case a bit of needle tends to creep into things, just as it has on this site lately. It'll cheer up in a week or two... I hopeBig Grin

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
24-01-2009 16:18
$h!ny h3lm3t Offline
* annaholic *

Yes seems to be a lot of friction these past few weeks.
Post xmas blues or seasonal affective disorder, not sure but the vibes round here are not the same as when i firt joined up.
Hopefully positivity will push through!!

24-01-2009 16:19
$h!ny h3lm3t Offline
* annaholic *

tmfkamr-gummidge Wrote:In both cases it was a matter of personal disagreement with another member. I'm not sure that a few disagreements and personality clashes counts as a forum in crisis, though. With well over 5000 members, 25.7% of those members posting, over 100 members making more than 100 posts and several into the many hundreds or thousands there are bound to be people who don't get along. Unfortunately two big and fairly public ones have taken place in the last couple of weeks so it can paint a deceiving picture of how things are going. In my own experience it's just part of January, people are still coming down from the holidays, they're skint and the weather stinks. That being the case a bit of needle tends to creep into things, just as it has on this site lately. It'll cheer up in a week or two... I hopeBig Grin
Not a big deal as you say but when two very active members up and leave, it seems a bit odd.

24-01-2009 16:21
$h!ny h3lm3t Offline
* annaholic *

doc7576 Wrote:Dont know if he has actually gone gone as it were. He seemed to get annoyed at some comments/sarcasm aimed at him and immediately put down he was leaving, but was back after about 30 mins after cooling down. So dont know if he has gone or just hasnt changed his profile back yet.

However some of the longer standing active posters do seem to be leaving and the majority of the time it seems to be due to reactions to peoples comments on their posts whether it be sarcasm or direct attacks.

I will really start to worry if I see a post from kalel with his avatar saying away! lol
Hi Doc.
I did see the thread but seems a lot of posts had been deleted by Gazwim so did not see the extent of the feud.

24-01-2009 16:22
jungleboy Offline
mocfo era tihs

Yeah there is, I see that too many people on here are moaning about things that are posted, about people being suck ups, and people being nasty. I have read the thread that Jordo has written and I agree with some of his points, but what people need to realize is that this is a forum, and therefore anything can be posted, as there are no such rules against it, unless stated.

Now on to my first point. The bigger and better something becomes, the more people are going to want to join. Which is exactly how this forum was going. So you are going to get people on here that are big fans of the girls, and sucking up is to be expected. For example if wwe had a forum which wrestlers regularly posted on you are going to get people sucking up(i know i would), so how is this website any different to that.

Secondly there has been a lot of moaning on here, and with good reason, too many pointless threads being started, too many lurkers coming on and taking and not giving back. Too many people being pain in the arses etc. I joined this site because I wanted to have general chat and have the chance to talk to some of the girls, get pics and vids, and try and give stuff back into the forum. I have done them all, and I feel great about it, but threads moaning about people posting certain things is not going to make the morale on this website get any better. When I read these threads I find myself wondering if I have been posting crap and I look back over the last couple of things I have said, to see if it is aimed at me. Why the fuck should i do that???? So i've stopped and i'm trying to enjoy this site.

And lastly I'm not really sure why BBB left but he had his reason, and it looks like he is not coming back. Where is skateguy? I have no idea why he hasn't posted in a while. Gaz has gone now too. He did post some random shit yeah, but he always was happy and vibrant and people shouldn't knock him for that. I enjoyed having a laff with gaz on here. All the people who have joined this forum lately can see the negative vibe, and proabably wont want to post on here, so in a way this forum is taking a few steps back. People need to lighten up a bit imo. And whether people like it or not things change, you just have to adapt to them.
I have rambled on with this post trying to get out my points, i'm not very good at wording things and vocabulary etc, but I hope I got my points across well enough for people to see my point of view, I don't expect people to agree with everything I say, i'm just putting my input into the forum, as all feedback is good feedback whether it's good or bad. Bonjour (ps i just read through what i have written and it sounds crap lol, but i'll post it anyways!)

"Insert funny comment here"
24-01-2009 16:26
$h!ny h3lm3t Offline
* annaholic *

RE: Losing forum members - Relax!!!
Cheers for your thoughts jungleboy, respect.
Ramble on all you want mate, this is where we are all gettin' paranoid.
Unless admin tells me i can't do something then i'll continue.
Seems there are a lot of wannabe mods out there and good luck to them.
As you say people have to lighten up or the internet isn't for them, all forums are the same FFS!

24-01-2009 16:30
doc7576 Offline
Master Poster

Yeah after he came back last night he made the wrong decision to try and fight fire with fire rather than just laugh it off and walk away. Then he seemed to have a moment of reflection again and kalel was trying to set him straight and he seemed to go back and delete a lot of the posts. It was probably the best thing to do and as datalossfs says he did mention some personal issues that would give him cause to perhaps take things more to heart than some members.

I myself took a break from here partly due to work and partly due to not liking the way some people had been acting on here.
24-01-2009 16:34
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS