gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Occupational phone use

VincentDanZarwood Offline
Senior Poster

Occupational phone use
Interesting and worrying news item just on regarding occupational phone use increase in developing brain diseases. Anyone know what the health risks are of having a cordless phone next to your brain for 25 hrs a week?
31-05-2011 22:21
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

RE: Occupational phone use
I'd suggest quite high - considering they're normally outside your head.........

02-06-2011 17:23
HEX!T Away
Retired

anything that produces a radio/microwave signal has the potential to cause harm. things like speed guns have been proven to give policemen cancer in there legs because they sat with the guns on there laps. they use infra red, now, mobiles use microwaves which is lower on the spectrum and contains less potential energy so i would say the inferred risks are lessened but still probable. just to be safe never hold a mobile up to your ear if you don't have to. the girls in the studio, i assume use radio frequency phones, like most house phones. they operate at 2.3 to 2.4Ghz range and have even less potential to cause harm. im not saying there risk free but i would think the risk of brain tumor or similar are no higher for them than any normal joe. as we are all bombarded with radio waves 24/7.[Image: wavelength_figure.jpg]

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2011 23:14 by HEX!T.)
02-06-2011 18:03
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

Modern DECT cordless phones
Frequency: 1880 MHz–1900 MHz in Europe, 1900 MHz-1920 MHz in China, 1910 MHz-1930 MHz in Latin America and 1920 MHz–1930 MHz in the US and Canada
Average transmission power: 10 mW (250 mW peak) in Europe, 4 mW (100 mW peak) in the US.
The maximum allowed power for portable equipment as well as base stations is 250 mW.
A portable device radiates an average of about 10 mW during a call as it is only using one of 24 time slots to transmit.

I would have thought that they are much less likely to cause cancer than mobile (cell) phones because their output power is much lower.

However this article is worrying
http://www.tetrawatch.net/science/dect.php
02-06-2011 18:41

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles