Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Chat - Webshow

madhatter13 Offline
Banned

RE: The Chat - Webshow
Hi just watched the show on line well the last hr and a half it wasn't that bad but its the owners who have killed it, why is there not room for a decussion show on-line in the usa they have programs like that and I guess u can go onto forums and u don't get charged £1.02 for a chat back or £1.52 for a txt to be show on screen, so how much does it cost to twitter? I think people will i.e men will pay for sexual chat on-line but not this which can be free on FB or even my space that where the problem lies cost cost and cost. I think after august time for it to go. I just wanted to support Bambi I'll miss her with all my heart and some will call me sad and i'm not worried about that. We all know it was on the wrong menu on sky its not an adult show like the other. Take care

(30-07-2011 11:37 )Regenerated Wrote:  Absolutely, no-ones having a go at the girls. We're just pointing out a few facts why this concept of show won't be able to compete as a webshow. Some of my favourite daytime girls appeared on The Chat (Charlie, Luci, Bianca and Layla) but its time to let it bow out gracefully and admit defeat as a webshow.
30-07-2011 15:09
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thinwhiteduke Offline
Posting Machine

I agree madhatter13, it shouldn't have been in the 900 channels. Now it's not so why are you posting on a forum dedicated to the 900's. If you don't want to hear anything critical of The Chat they have their own forum on the website.

Station To Station - David Bowie
The European Cannon Is Here.
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2011 20:40 by thinwhiteduke.)
30-07-2011 15:20
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

Because there is also a webshow section to this forum which is where the admin moved this section to.

(30-07-2011 15:20 )thinwhiteduke Wrote:  I agree madhatter13, it shouldn't have been in the 900 channels. Now it's not so why are you posting on a forum dedicated to the 900's. If you don't want to hear anything critical of The Chat they have their own forum on the website.
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2011 22:10 by mikedafc.)
30-07-2011 22:10
thinwhiteduke Offline
Posting Machine

I wish madhatter13 had replied but, here we go. Why would some one with so much disdain for the girls on the other channels even want to be associated with this forum. I don't give two fucks about his problems or his life. Other contributors to this thread tell me the good things about The Chat, not the negatives about the other channels. madhatter13 seems to be allowed to question other girls morality but god forbid you say The Chat is shite (not the presenters). Lets just hope Bambi never shows her bra...eek

Station To Station - David Bowie
The European Cannon Is Here.
30-07-2011 22:42
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

(30-07-2011 15:09 )madhatter13 Wrote:   Hi just watched the show on line well the last hr and a half it wasn't that bad but its the owners who have killed it, why is there not room for a decussion show on-line in the usa they have programs like that and I guess u can go onto forums and u don't get charged £1.02 for a chat back or £1.52 for a txt to be show on screen, so how much does it cost to twitter? I think people will i.e men will pay for sexual chat on-line but not this which can be free on FB or even my space that where the problem lies cost cost and cost. I think after august time for it to go. I just wanted to support Bambi I'll miss her with all my heart and some will call me sad and i'm not worried about that. We all know it was on the wrong menu on sky its not an adult show like the other. Take care

(30-07-2011 11:37 )Regenerated Wrote:  Absolutely, no-ones having a go at the girls. We're just pointing out a few facts why this concept of show won't be able to compete as a webshow. Some of my favourite daytime girls appeared on The Chat (Charlie, Luci, Bianca and Layla) but its time to let it bow out gracefully and admit defeat as a webshow.

I've already said before I agree with you that it shouldn't have been in the 900 channels, madhatter. No-one's disputing that. It has had a loyal fanbase on TV and no doubt still will on the webshow. But a loyal fanbase of a select few won't be enough to keep it running, especially when there's so many other webshows which offer something far more.

If the owners had moved it to another section of SKY numbers it might have had a chance to keep going as a tv show. When it became clear there was no longer enough of a market for it on tv, it should have been allowed to finish gracefully. As I've said, no fault and no blame to the girls who enjoyed it and wanted to try to keep it going. I feel sorry for so many girls who enjoyed working on the show and would have liked to stay. But its time to face facts, it simply cannot compete as a webshow.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH: ZARA NEVADA
31-07-2011 00:00
bigglesworth Offline
Master Poster

(31-07-2011 00:00 )Regenerated Wrote:  I've already said before I agree with you that it shouldn't have been in the 900 channels, madhatter. No-one's disputing that.

It was being broadcast on Babestation during the daytime, Sky 906, so it had to be in the 900 channels.
31-07-2011 05:58
pitbullpar Offline
Senior Poster

it had to be in the 900's cus it was girls 'selling' their time to men for £1.50 a minute so i'm guessing under ofcom rules it had to be in the 900's as you had to be over 18 to join in with the show, yes the chat is'nt sexual and just girls dressing normaly unlike the other channels where they wear less but the aim of the shows are all the same whether you like it or not these channels are there to make money out of men plain and simple, its up to the men to decide which channel to watch and which ones for them.

this thing about chat girls being better than other girls cus they work on the chat did'nt all the chat girls start off on ther channels before the chat so i don't get how that works, alright maybe the pad, party people or earlybird were'nt quite as 'sexual' as they are now or were as they've all finnished but they certainly did'nt sit behind a desk hiding
31-07-2011 09:51
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

Ok fair enough, the Chat had to be in the 900 channels. Those are fair enough explanations.

Yes pitbull its true that many Chat presenters began on mainstream daytime channels at the time, such as Party People and Lads Lounge. Charlie and Bianca were on Party People and Layla and Bambi I believe were on Lads Lounge.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH: ZARA NEVADA
31-07-2011 11:23
madhatter13 Offline
Banned

Thank-you all for joining in the convo, most except for the odd one have been interesting to see and read and I take onbord what's said.

I understand where these shows are coming from it's just a way of taking money by getting us to ring in or text or whatever. So does that mean that us men are so silly that we get taken in by a good looking girl on screen dressed in whatever?

Does it mean that they (whatever show it it) are interested to hear us ring and saying how bad a life we have it or how good we have it or is it that they are only intrested in the few pounds they can make from us? Some people have used the chat for what ever situation they have had going on in thier life (& i'm not going to belittle it), but do you think they even care deep down, do you think by the third or fourth caller of the day they just switch off say whatever?

But the main quiestion is why do ladies not have shows like this or red light on sky and why do men? and does it mean i've been taken in just like every other man who watches has and is the chat just like the other shows, just put to us in a diffrent way to try and make us think its not girls using the idea of sexy girls to try to get us to ring or text to make cash for the owners. (and i'm not saying this to put any1 down just opening up a quiestion) Talk soon bye.

(31-07-2011 11:23 )Regenerated Wrote:  Ok fair enough, the Chat had to be in the 900 channels. Those are fair enough explanations.

Yes pitbull its true that many Chat presenters began on mainstream daytime channels at the time, such as Party People and Lads Lounge. Charlie and Bianca were on Party People and Layla and Bambi I believe were on Lads Lounge.
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2011 13:17 by madhatter13.)
31-07-2011 13:07
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

The only reason The Chat was in the 900's was because Cellcast insisted on a listening in option.

There were a lot of posters on this forum who when girls would come from other channels would say "couldn't you/they have got a job on the other channels" inferring that working on the other channels was all they were capable of doing. I had no problem with Party People/Lads Lounge until they started the lingerie daytime shows. That is when the girls like Charlie etc started moving to Space Party/The Chat.

As the T and T show proved there is a market for the show if it was on the right platform which allowed both men and women to want to get involved in the show. Whether the web is that platform or not remains to be seen!
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2011 15:02 by mikedafc.)
31-07-2011 15:01