Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.38 Average

Petition

Scottishbloke Away
Banned

RE: Petition
629 signatures now realxfactor, anyway so what's your point exactly if any, you have just quoted my entire post to then to give a very casual responce, do you support the petition or not? what are your views? please elaborate further, this petition has been well documented for some time now, all I can say is to anybody who hasn't signed it allready, shame on you, Ofcom make no mistake about it have an ultimate aim and that is to shut down any kind of erotic entertainment, playing the same old tired card they have been now for many years that somehow kids are watching these show's, utter nonsence with no way to support their claims other than lucid propaganda, just to reiterate what this petition is all about, it's for adults to make informed choices after 9PM, the watershed which has been in place for many years, long before the tyrannical rule of Ofcom came into exsistence. The situation towards the adult channels is ridiculas and needs changed urgently but we need people who give a fuck to sign it bladewave
(This post was last modified: 27-04-2012 22:10 by Scottishbloke.)
27-04-2012 22:10
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

(27-04-2012 22:10 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  629 signatures now realxfactor, anyway so what's your point exactly if any, you have just quoted my entire post to then to give a very casual responce, do you support the petition or not? what are your views? please elaborate further, this petition has been well documented for some time now, all I can say is to anybody who hasn't signed it allready, shame on you, Ofcom make no mistake about it have an ultimate aim and that is to shut down any kind of erotic entertainment, playing the same old tired card they have been now for many years that somehow kids are watching these show's, utter nonsence with no way to support their claims other than lucid propaganda, just to reiterate what this petition is all about, it's for adults to make informed choices after 9PM, the watershed which has been in place for many years, long before the tyrannical rule of Ofcom came into exsistence. The situation towards the adult channels is ridiculas and needs changed urgently but we need people who give a fuck to sign it bladewave

I 100% completely agree with you, for years the 9pm watershed meant that anything being shown from that time meant that certain programmes you might watch might contain Adult content. So anyone under the age of 18yrs of age should not be watching pass this hour. Plus it was left to the parents responsibility to enforce what there child should and shouldn't watch.
Now everybody new this and everybody seemed to be happy with it. However since Ofcom came on the scene, they have made the 9pm watershed an absolute mockery, they are telling the parent and adult population, that they don't think we're responsible enough to make our own decisions what we watch after 9pm, so Ofcom have taken it upon themselves to make these decisions for us insteadannoyed
If this be the case, then what's the point of having a 9pm watershed anymore?
The bottom line is that we need to be allowed to watch what we want after 9pm whether it be the free to air Adult channels, or anything else for that matter Important
27-04-2012 23:42
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Ofcom dont have a clue about the watershed. Theres 500+ complaints to the BBC about an unusually shocking episode of Silent Witness. It was after 9, most of the violence was implied, the show is about autopsies, and there was a preshow warning. Despite that people are queuing up to complain.

One said "I heard the warning but didnt expect that" or something similar.

As for the membership figures, a large fraction are spam accounts. Another large fraction have not signed in for a very long time, perhaps because they can read about their favourite babes anyway, but that means they dont get messages. Most wont read this part of the forum either, any more than they will read every page of a newspaper. 568 users have been active in past 20 minutes, 46 are members and 519 are guests. Compared with that 629 votes isnt bad.

Gone fishing
28-04-2012 01:36
continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

(28-04-2012 01:36 )eccles Wrote:  Ofcom dont have a clue about the watershed. Theres 500+ complaints to the BBC about an unusually shocking episode of Silent Witness. It was after 9, most of the violence was implied, the show is about autopsies, and there was a preshow warning. Despite that people are queuing up to complain.

One said "I heard the warning but didnt expect that" or something similar.

As for the membership figures, a large fraction are spam accounts. Another large fraction have not signed in for a very long time, perhaps because they can read about their favourite babes anyway, but that means they dont get messages. Most wont read this part of the forum either, any more than they will read every page of a newspaper. 568 users have been active in past 20 minutes, 46 are members and 519 are guests. Compared with that 629 votes isnt bad.

I don't no what to tell you anymore Eccles, what is our society coming to!! I can't believe the amount of complaints about the programme you mentioned to do with silent witness I can't believe it over 500 complaints people need to get a life they really do.
On another point I still feel there must be a way of somehow bringing Ofcom to there knees I no you've tried your very best, and I dare say others have tried or are currently trying different ways and means to somehow find a way of getting to Ofcom. However I was thinking to myself are we missing something maybe a different approach perhaps I don't no, sometimes the most simplest of ways can be more effective?,but sometimes trying to hard to get something might not be the best way, maybe a more simple way might work? What, well that I don't no, however I'm always willing to help outSmile
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2012 02:14 by continental19.)
28-04-2012 02:10
The realXFactor Offline
Junior Poster

(27-04-2012 22:10 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  629 signatures now realxfactor, anyway so what's your point exactly if any, you have just quoted my entire post to then to give a very casual responce, do you support the petition or not? what are your views? please elaborate further, this petition has been well documented for some time now, all I can say is to anybody who hasn't signed it allready, shame on you, Ofcom make no mistake about it have an ultimate aim and that is to shut down any kind of erotic entertainment, playing the same old tired card they have been now for many years that somehow kids are watching these show's, utter nonsence with no way to support their claims other than lucid propaganda, just to reiterate what this petition is all about, it's for adults to make informed choices after 9PM, the watershed which has been in place for many years, long before the tyrannical rule of Ofcom came into exsistence. The situation towards the adult channels is ridiculas and needs changed urgently but we need people who give a fuck to sign it bladewave

Thank you for the update, although small, it represents a 5% upsurge in interest. I am interested in the petition and have signed it a couple of months ago. My point is that no one in significant numbers really cares enough to do anything about it - not the channels and not the viewers.
28-04-2012 21:26
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

The absence of any real opposition from the channels is disturbing. Their income is under threat yet there seems to be no more than token opposition to tighter regulations and rulings against them. I know someone who put more effort into fighting a parking ticket.

Gone fishing
28-04-2012 21:54
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Breaking News eek We have reached the magic number of 700 Smile Once again well done to eccles for coming up with the petition and a big thank you to all who have contributed by signing it. 1000 would be fantastic but nonetheless at least this petition has got a bit of respectabilty about it now. Who knows it might very well make an impact if noticed by the right MP to act upon Smile
22-06-2012 19:09
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

it wont make even a minimum impact unless it gets to 100,000 signatures. then a committee at parliament will decide if mp's will debate the petition

in these current tough economic conditions cant see the mp's voting to discuss it. there are more serious things to debate

Piper Niven Superfan
22-06-2012 20:32
flumpertron Offline
Senior Poster

(22-06-2012 19:09 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Who knows it might very well make an impact if noticed by the right MP to act upon Smile

Scottishbloke I admire your persistance on this matter but "noticed by the right MP"? . No MP would touch this petition with a 200ft bargepole.
22-06-2012 20:53
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

If nothing else it will stop some MPs supporting tighter censorship. Dont forget, a lot of work is done quietly behind the scenes. Controversial decisions, like MPs pay or legalising cannabis, are usually delegated to independent committees, MPs then say they have their own views but respect the advice of the independent body.

If MPs think a climate of censorship and arbitrary decision making is a potential vote loser its quite possible that someone will have a quiet word with Ofcom who will magically come up with the "correct" recommendation.

Gone fishing
22-06-2012 23:22