Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.38 Average

Petition

eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

RE: Petition
700!

They said it could not be done, but they underestimated the Babe Channel crowd! Acres of thanks to everyone who clicked the Vote button.

We are all having a great celebration meal at The Clarence, going on to the Old Shades afterwards, and who knows, perhaps a lapdance club. Pictures on Twitter later.
[Image: 595120.jpg]

Heres another topical pic from someone whose totally unconnected blog has 700 hits. Like the boots.
[Image: IMG_2476.JPG]
http://styliseddialogue.blogspot.co.uk/2...chive.html

Gone fishing
(This post was last modified: 22-06-2012 23:56 by eccles.)
22-06-2012 23:46
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

(22-06-2012 20:32 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  it wont make even a minimum impact unless it gets to 100,000 signatures. then a committee at parliament will decide if mp's will debate the petition

in these current tough economic conditions cant see the mp's voting to discuss it. there are more serious things to debate

I find it rather amusing that you at first appeared to support the petition but have now apparently turned your back on it.

Make your mind up here Rammy, you either support it or you don't.

As for the MP's debating the babe channels in the house of parliment, agreed that's never going to happen so yes sure we all know they have more important issues to debate but isn't that just stating the blatantly obvious.

A statement which most forum members would render pointless.

The agenda of this petition was to make our feeling crystal clear on where we stand and for this to possibly lead to it being discussed behind closed doors. For a compromise to be reached between ofcom and this kind of entertainment.

Also 700 signatures is quite noticeable as compared to the amount of complaints made against the babe channels so the figures don't lie.

700 is enough for at least maybe some kind of impact to be made.

Anybody who likes to watch late night adult entertainment should get behind this petition. I'm fed up with so many doubters, it's exactly the kind of comments we could do without.
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 15:51 by Scottishbloke.)
23-06-2012 15:50
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Last week for the petition, gone from 740 to 782 votes in the past few days. Thanks to everyone who voted, a babe will pop round to deliver a big wet thank you kiss.

Gone fishing
11-08-2012 23:05
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(11-08-2012 23:05 )eccles Wrote:  ...
Thanks to everyone who voted, a babe will pop round to deliver a big wet thank you kiss.

Knowing my luck, it'll be someone off the 40+ channel Big Grin

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
12-08-2012 09:38
Jack Bishop Offline
Account Closed

(12-08-2012 09:38 )munch1917 Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 23:05 )eccles Wrote:  ...
Thanks to everyone who voted, a babe will pop round to deliver a big wet thank you kiss.

Knowing my luck, it'll be someone off the 40+ channel Big Grin

I was thinking the same although these days with a couple of notable exceptions I be happy with even that these days.
12-08-2012 09:46
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

791 the current total. If we could maybe just get 800 as a final figure that would at least be some sort of achievement, also a big thanks to everybody who has supported the petition since day 1. A late surge to get 1000 would be great but that is doubtful. So we're not going to bring ofcom down to it's knees as was first hoped but what we have done is made our feelings known.

Once all the dust has settled down I'm sure that one day we might just be able to see the shows as they were intended to be viewed in the first place. At present the shows are still better than what they were post Babestar TV era, but are still no match for more recent times such as 2010 and 2011 when we had Elite and Sportxxx ruling supreme.

Because we have democracy in this country our censorship levels will never ever be on a par with the likes of China and Iran. Recent ofcom activity against the babe channels has been very quiet recently. Are they perhaps coming round to the idea more these days that this type of entertainment is here to stay I wonder. For as long as we have these channels the greater hope we can have for change, this petition is only the start of standing up to ofcom. More campaigns I'm sure will follow.
12-08-2012 16:24
shylok Offline
Senior Poster

I fucking wish!

(12-08-2012 16:24 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  "Are they perhaps coming round to the idea more these days that this type of entertainment is here to stay I wonder."

Join OFCOM today we offer decent salaries + a company bonus scheme (based on how much pain you can inflict on the British public) - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/files/2011/05/sa...e-2011.pdf
13-08-2012 15:35
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Just occurred to the cynic in me that perhaps they don't want to seem repressive while the Olympics are on and an international audience might draw comparisons with China.

Gone fishing
13-08-2012 22:04
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

800 votes!

Fantastic. Thanks everyone.

[Image: 800_Flat_2.jpg]

Gone fishing
13-08-2012 22:38
shylok Offline
Senior Poster

I had thoughts along these lines a few weeks ago. What with the influx of so many overseas visitors etc. This is why I am a firm believer in embarrassing the fuck out of the Nazis at OFCOM and indeed exposing them for what they are at every opportunity.

I think this is one of our very few weapons as OFCOM treat us with such utter contempt (and I'm sure they value their 'reputation')... Also, imagine how the 'grass routes liberals' feel about things having SOLD OUT LIKE CUNTS for a minuscule sniff of political power???????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OQiM-tfE_Y&feature=plcp

Regards

Shylok

(13-08-2012 22:04 )eccles Wrote:  Just occurred to the cynic in me that perhaps they don't want to seem repressive while the Olympics are on and an international audience might draw comparisons with China.

Join OFCOM today we offer decent salaries + a company bonus scheme (based on how much pain you can inflict on the British public) - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/files/2011/05/sa...e-2011.pdf
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2012 05:24 by shylok.)
14-08-2012 05:20