gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

How do you Enter a Option Number with Mobile Phone.

GillyboyTwo Offline
Master Poster

How do you Enter a Option Number with Mobile Phone.
To All Fellow Forum Members.

Help !, After using a landline for years with no trouble what so ever with calling up the channel of my choice and selecting my option number.

Now that has now changed as I now use a Mobile Phone, calling the channel is straight forward my trouble starts when I try and enter my option number.

Please Oh Please someone tell me how to us achieve this as I can't see it mentioned in the manual, I've asked in the local mobile phone shop and they don't know. I bet if I asked an 8 year old schoolgirl how to do it she would tell me in a flash.

I bet it's something simple that I've just overlooked.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year !.

Gillyboy2 Big Grin.
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2011 21:47 by GillyboyTwo.)
17-12-2011 21:46
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

RE: How do you Enter a Option Number with Mobile Phone.
(17-12-2011 21:46 )gillyboy2 Wrote:  Now that has now changed as I now use a Mobile Phone, calling the channel is straight forward my trouble starts when I try and enter my option number.

Please Oh Please someone tell me how to us achieve this as I can't see it mentioned in the manual, I've asked in the local mobile phone shop and they don't know. I bet if I asked an 8 year old schoolgirl how to do it she would tell me in a flash.

I presume the issue is that your mobile is a touch screen phone (without a regular button keypad) so you can't see the numbered buttons to type in the option number? Usually on a touch screen phone, while you're on a call, there will be an onscreen option to allow you to view the numbered keypad (if its not already visible) and therefore type in any option numbers.

If this doesn't help, then can you post the make and model of your phone?

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
17-12-2011 22:32
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

As skate says

Here's the iPhone

Hit the keypad button

[Image: e954a7d0.jpg]

[Image: ec5498cf.jpg]

Tumblr - Suicide Girls
17-12-2011 22:36
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GillyboyTwo Offline
Master Poster

(17-12-2011 22:32 )skateguy Wrote:  I presume the issue is that your mobile is a touch screen phone (without a regular button keypad) so you can't see the numbered buttons to type in the option number? Usually on a touch screen phone, while you're on a call, there will be an onscreen option to allow you to view the numbered keypad (if its not already visible) and therefore type in any option numbers.

If this doesn't help, then can you post the make and model of your phone?

Hi 'skateguy' , Wink Many thanks for your reply. My Mob is a touch screen as far as you click the button for the Keyboard which appears in your screen tap your phone number out Press the appropriate buttonto make the call but then when the call has been put thru the Keybourd on the screen disappears then a voice says press your Option number but I can't as there's isn't a keyboard.
Sorry !, I'm still learning about the mobile so everything is new.

It must be something so simple that I'm staring at it. Big Grin.
18-12-2011 19:56
GillyboyTwo Offline
Master Poster

Sorry I forgot to give you the make and and model.
It's a Samsung Tocco GT-S5230.
18-12-2011 20:00
GillyboyTwo Offline
Master Poster

(17-12-2011 22:36 )gazfc Wrote:  As skate says

Here's the iPhone

Hit the keypad button

Hi 'gaxfc' !, Wink Many thanks for your reply re my mobile problem.
I did press the keyboard button and all other things that people have asked me to try, believe I have tried everything before I would admit defeat and ask for help.
Once again many thanks for your help.Smile.
18-12-2011 20:08
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

It says in the user manual for this phone:

Quote:During a call, your phone automatically locks the touch screen to prevent accidental inputs. To unlock, press the unlock or hold key.

Are you able to do this and does unlocking it allow you to somehow find the keypad while on a call?

Manual: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/detail...d=GT-S5230

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
18-12-2011 20:26
GillyboyTwo Offline
Master Poster

(18-12-2011 20:26 )skateguy Wrote:  It says in the user manual for this phone:

Quote:During a call, your phone automatically locks the touch screen to prevent accidental inputs. To unlock, press the unlock or hold key.

Are you able to do this and does unlocking it allow you to somehow find the keypad while on a call?

Manual: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/detail...d=GT-S5230

Hi 'skateguy' !, Wink Many thanks once again and I have followed your advice and it worked. Unfortunately that page on my manual and the page before it was a bit unreadable as I put down on the side table not knowing there was a coffee spill on it by the time I realized it half of this page was unreadable, all I knew that the Hold Button locked and unlocked the touchscreen and keys but being a newbie I didn't enter my head I thought it was just a safety precaution.
Thanks again 'skateguy' for your help very much appreciated. SmileBig Grin.
18-12-2011 22:37

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles