Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average

Which channels are broadcasting over the Xmas period this year?

The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

RE: Christmas opening on the channels 2013
(27-12-2013 03:25 )JuanKerr Wrote:  Exactly. And this is why YOU choose not to work on Christmas day.

But not everybody thinks like that and to those people working, voluntarily, on and over Christmas, it obviously doesn't hold the same kind of importance. They wouldn't choose to work on those days if it did.

Apart from the emergency services there are any number of people who have to work over Christmas. Care homes have to be manned, there are factories which just cannot be shut down, shops have to be prepared for boxing day sales etc.

In the babeshows case I doubt they can afford to lose a nights revenue in the current economic climate (many of the costs will be there regardless)

The reasons people 'choose' to work over Christmas will be many. Obviously money, but also company loyalty (especially if the company is facing hard times, missing the boxing day sales could finish a struggling shop for example) and also to benefit their friends/work colleagues who they might know to be Joey's position with family they only see once a year.

Assuming they are Christian saying that, because they 'choose' to work over Christmas, it isn't important to them is, frankly, insulting.
27-12-2013 08:37
Find all posts by this user
JuanKerr Offline
Banned

(27-12-2013 08:37 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  Apart from the emergency services there are any number of people who have to work over Christmas.

Very true, but the people who run these live babeshows are not amongst them.

(27-12-2013 08:37 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  In the babeshows case I doubt they can afford to lose a nights revenue in the current economic climate (many of the costs will be there regardless)

Most of them did, in fact, close for Christmas day, so that's this particular branch of your argument out of the window.
(This post was last modified: 27-12-2013 09:02 by JuanKerr.)
27-12-2013 08:57
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

If the decree came from on high that the show had to go out then, yes, they had to.

I'm not claiming they did it just so the great unwashed could have their Xmas wank.

And if you read my post properly I said a nights revenue. I doubt the dayshows actually bring much in these days.
(This post was last modified: 27-12-2013 09:08 by The Silent Majority.)
27-12-2013 09:05
Bandwagon Away
Nuclear Baby

Firstly,
You would have to be extremely naive indeed to believe the channel's/babe's work Christmas purely for our pleasure.
I never said that and nor would i, but since stating the obvious seems to be a requirement then I'm happy to oblige Rolleyes

I'm sure some girls did work voluntary, with the sole intention of slipping a handsome wedge of notes into their back pockets.

Either way they've still got their arse's up and out the door over the festive season, and therefore we do still have a show of some description for our viewing pleasure.

Secondly,whilst I'm here,
The amount of effort they put in is another matter, not mentioning any names. Smile
27-12-2013 15:10
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

While what the girls do is rather different to how most people make their living, it is still just their job and the ones who are prepared to come in and work over the holidays (incentivised by extra payments - nothing odd about that), are giving us an insight into who are the ones who value what they've got there, and hopefully are going to stay a while.

And while we're singing the praises of ambulance drivers and firemen etc, won't someone give credit to those poor Premiership footballers who give up their xmas dinners to drag their weary legs out onto the field for our amusement every yuletide season. Wink
27-12-2013 15:58
JuanKerr Offline
Banned

(27-12-2013 15:58 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  And while we're singing the praises of ambulance drivers and firemen etc, won't someone give credit to those poor Premiership footballers who give up their xmas dinners to drag their weary legs out onto the field for our amusement every yuletide season. Wink

Now you say that tongue-in-cheek / sarcastically, but why is it presumed that them 'dragging their arse out of bed' is any easier than the babeshow girls doing the same?
(This post was last modified: 27-12-2013 20:43 by JuanKerr.)
27-12-2013 20:42
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

(27-12-2013 20:42 )JuanKerr Wrote:  why is it presumed that them 'dragging their arse out of bed' is any easier than the babeshow girls doing the same?

Let's not get into a footballer versus babe-channel girl arse competition Wink

Only going to be one winner there.
27-12-2013 20:49
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

Beginning to feel like this thread is an extract from The Grinch Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
27-12-2013 20:49
Thread Closed