Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Elite's Mysterious Logo Moments - Chat and Clips

Digital Dave Away
Retired

RE: Elite's Mysterious Logo Moments - Chat and Clips
Much as I don't pay too much attention to mr mann's crazed imaginings (Tongue) on this occasion he's highlighting something genuinely odd.

I was watching Ashley Emma on Friday night at around 2am. She suddenly announced that she was going on a quick two-minute break. At that point the logo appeared and then exactly two minutes later it went and Ashley was back in shot. She hadn't changed costume or position. There seemed no point whatsover in the break unless she had been desperate for the loo.

However, none of these occurrences make sense. Has there been a mass outbreak of bladder infections amongst the models and crew at Elite? Models have a break every hour and usually manage to contain themselves until then.

Even if they were desperate and simply had to go to the loo right away, if a model goes off camera the normal thing to do is to cut to another feed, not put the logo up. The appearance of the logo will make people switch channels.

It could be that they've recruited a particularly stupid producer who thinks it's a good idea to put the logo up every now and then to reinforce the branding, or some such nonsense, but really none of this makes sense at all, unless there's a technical fault which stops Elite channels taking each others' feeds.

But then that leads back to the original point - there should be no need to do this because models should not be taking two-minute breaks right in the middle of their stint.

Totally bizarre! Huh
29-01-2012 11:44
Find all posts by this user
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

^ Thank you!

It's like they all now have to use the bathroom more, seeing how they never went on two minute breaks or minute long breaks in the past. This just started this year. Also, like I've mentioned, they either show the women eating/having a drink, or they pan down their bodies while they do this, so the logo must be for something else. As for the cameramen going to the logo because they are using the bathroom and can't leave the camera on, well that might make sense, but this has never happened in the past either, so why now? I'm sure by now they can trust the women not to show anything, so I still find this unlikley. Plus, they would usually just cut to another channel I would think instead of the logo.

In the past few weeks, we've have quite a few of these moments. Dionne for four minutes after responding to something off screen and saying eww, Lilly's minute and a half moment where she seemed flustered and red in the face after the logo disappeared, Rachel's moments, one where she didn't appear to have moved from her position after four minutes of the logo, and announced that she was back from her break (four minute break???), Rachel then went on a real break thirty minutes later, the Ashley moment, Sophia from a few nights ago for under two minutes, Clare for two minutes, Caty this morning for one minute etc.

Quite intriguing.
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 16:47 by mrmann.)
29-01-2012 16:33
skully Offline

It's not for anything sexual, that's for certain (it's disrespectful to suggest otherwise).
The fact they switch web streams now (which they didn't used to do) is probably something to do with it. These 'logo moments' started around the same time if I remember rightly, it will take a minute or so to switch whatever needs switched (< tech talk).

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
29-01-2012 17:14
Digital Dave Away
Retired

(29-01-2012 17:14 )skully Wrote:  It's not for anything sexual, that's for certain (it's disrespectful to suggest otherwise). The fact they switch streams now (which they didn't used to do) is probably something to do with it. These 'logo moments' started around the same time if I remember rightly, it will take a minute or so to switch whatever needs switched (< tech talk).

I certainly don't agree with mr mann's inevitable attempts to imply sexual activity in the background and I agree it's disrespectful.

Regarding the stream switching theory, I'm not sure I understand. On the Sky feeds they stay on the same camera pre and post logo. Do you mean they're switching the web streams from one camera to another and this takes a minute or so?

I can understand if that were the case, but why would they need to put a logo up on the Sky feed? They could just have a minute of black on the web feed as it switches.
29-01-2012 17:28
skully Offline

I do mean the web streams, yes, (done a little edit). There's quite a few posts about the problem here.

I think they would rather put a logo up than have a blank screen. Seeing a blank screen would make many switch off, seeing a logo is more likely to make people wait to see what's going on.

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
29-01-2012 17:43
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

Well, while I have alluded to sexual activity, which does go on to a certain extent there, seeing how it does on pretty much every other channel, I'm not entirely suggesting that here. I like to joke around a bit with my posts, in wink wink sort of way to the naive people here who think it's beyond crazy to assume that anything sexual could happen behind the scenes at a babe channel studio. As if my suggesting that equates to me thinking it happens all the time or that it's one big orgy Rolleyes

I don't think it's disrespectful to suggest this, despite it being perhaps a bit out of taste. Like I've said before, you've got a young male crew, beautiful nude women, working until the early morning, moaning with no chatting in the background from women NOT on screen (This happens on all the channels at times BTW, not just at Elite), a somewhat relaxed working situation as we can tell (Candy on ass, butt slapping etc), so anything is possible.

However, I don't think anything could really happen in a minute, or minute and a half that is sexual (it's possible though Wink), but I still find these logo moments to be odd. Why cut to the logo for that short a period, with the women in the same spot? Why cut to the logo for four minutes, only to cut back to Rachel in the same spot with her saying she'd returned from her break??? Cutting to the logo for four minutes after Dionne says ewww has nothing to do with their technical issues, but has more to do with them trying to not show us something. Maybe someone was showing her a naughty video or whatever, but they still cut to the logo for that reason alone, not because of a tech issue.

They sometimes cut to another channel, but sometimes not.

Smile
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 17:56 by mrmann.)
29-01-2012 17:47
Money_Shot Offline
ATFC - 1992

(29-01-2012 17:47 )mrmann Wrote:  However, I don't think anything could really happen in a minute, or minute and a half that is sexual (it's possible though Wink), but I still find these logo moments to be odd. Why cut to the logo for that short a period, with the women in the same spot? Why cut to the logo for four minutes, only to cut back to Rachel in the same spot with her saying she'd returned from her break??? Cutting to the logo for four minutes after Dionne says ewww has nothing to do with their technical issues, but has more to do with them trying to not show us something. Maybe someone was showing her a naughty video or whatever, but they still cut to the logo for that reason alone, not because of a tech issue.

They sometimes cut to another channel, but sometimes not.

Smile

Pffftt.... You'd be suprised what I can produce in a minute laugh

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
29-01-2012 17:58
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

That was a VERY short break from Adele! two, three minutes tops! I'm guessing she had to use the bathroom, but it's odd that they told her not to go on the mic when the logo disappeared bladewave No explanation yet again. Strange.
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 01:42 by mrmann.)
31-01-2012 01:41
Digital Dave Away
Retired

At the moment I think skully's explanation of the logo being used to cover internet stream switchovers is the most plausible. However, I'm still not convinced, but it's the only explanation we have - nothing else makes sense!
31-01-2012 03:00
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

(31-01-2012 03:00 )Digital Dave Wrote:  At the moment I think skully's explanation of the logo being used to cover internet stream switchovers is the most plausible. However, I'm still not convinced, but it's the only explanation we have - nothing else makes sense!

I disagree, and have already mentioned more than one moment that seemed obvious as having nothing to do with the stream. Lilly's moment, Dionne reacting to something and having the logo immediately pop up as soon as her face went red and she said eww, others as well.
31-01-2012 03:15
Thread Closed