Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Call it a day

StanTheMan Offline
Banned

RE: Call it a day
Correct, seth. I don't think anyone is denying there were some real dire periods during the old days, but on the whole they're not even a shadow of their former self nowadays.
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2012 14:39 by StanTheMan.)
18-01-2012 14:38
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Addison Away
Lukewarm water

(18-01-2012 08:51 )seth Wrote:  [I]t depends how far back in the old days you're going. Back in 2003 they were fecking awful compared to how they are now. I'll admit, I don't remember any sex toys being used on sexstation or pussy flashes. I know they used to do all that on Babestar yes, I don't remember it happening on the other channels. If others said it happened I'll take their word for it. Maybe I was too busy watching Babestar round 06-07 to notice. Anyway if it did happen then the shows are tamer nobody can deny that. But it's not going to go back to that now unless the channels were to go pay per view.

As I remember they used to have sex toys lying around the LiveXXX set (Sex Station/Blue Kiss is what LiveXXX mutated/split into, right?! - the precise chronology gets fogged in the mists of time. Forum Style's probably the geezer to check with!), which would be played with intermittently. LiveXXX used to do Flash The Gash, their equivalent of XXXCallgirls' POP feature. In the build-up to both you'd have to put up with a lot of plugs for the encrypted part of the shows; they were basically teasers for that. There was never any scheduling of that sort of stuff on Babestation (it used to broadcast on the Game Network channel and ran ad breaks featuring Dell adverts!). Clearly the shows were more explicit than now, it's a question of to what degree (I don't think they were explicit in the sustained way that some are claiming) and whether that made them better shows. Eye of the beholder, and all that.
18-01-2012 15:23
oldboy1047 Offline
Posting Machine

after reading all the comments about past shows on babestar i decided to have a look on the former shows thread.unfortunately all the rapidshare links are dead.any chance someone could uoload them again so that we can see what we are now missing
18-01-2012 16:02
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(18-01-2012 16:02 )oldboy1047 Wrote:  after reading all the comments about past shows on babestar i decided to have a look on the former shows thread.unfortunately all the rapidshare links are dead.any chance someone could uoload them again so that we can see what we are now missing

There's one here that you can watch directly, oldboy.

http://www.babevideo.co.uk/play/Babestar_naked_nights
18-01-2012 18:12
oldboy1047 Offline
Posting Machine

thanx stan .now i know what im missing i must agree the shows have gone downhill
18-01-2012 18:18
seth Offline
Master Poster

(18-01-2012 15:23 )Addison Wrote:  
(18-01-2012 08:51 )seth Wrote:  [I]t depends how far back in the old days you're going. Back in 2003 they were fecking awful compared to how they are now. I'll admit, I don't remember any sex toys being used on sexstation or pussy flashes. I know they used to do all that on Babestar yes, I don't remember it happening on the other channels. If others said it happened I'll take their word for it. Maybe I was too busy watching Babestar round 06-07 to notice. Anyway if it did happen then the shows are tamer nobody can deny that. But it's not going to go back to that now unless the channels were to go pay per view.

As I remember they used to have sex toys lying around the LiveXXX set (Sex Station/Blue Kiss is what LiveXXX mutated/split into, right?! - the precise chronology gets fogged in the mists of time. Forum Style's probably the geezer to check with!), which would be played with intermittently. LiveXXX used to do Flash The Gash, their equivalent of XXXCallgirls' POP feature. In the build-up to both you'd have to put up with a lot of plugs for the encrypted part of the shows; they were basically teasers for that. There was never any scheduling of that sort of stuff on Babestation (it used to broadcast on the Game Network channel and ran ad breaks featuring Dell adverts!). Clearly the shows were more explicit than now, it's a question of to what degree (I don't think they were explicit in the sustained way that some are claiming) and whether that made them better shows. Eye of the beholder, and all that.

Yeah I do remember the flash the gash. That was round about 05/06 they did that If I recall. I can't remember the channel, but they did something like if they had enough texts they flash themselves just before the end of the show.
18-01-2012 18:23
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

I have literally hours and hours of recorded footage of the shows from the era circa 2006, these shows were fantastic and the footage I have has got long sustained full frontal nudity coming from shows such as Babestar TV, Sexstation TV and SportXXX encrpted, those were golden moments but I'd never write these types of shows off as only something we can look back in history at. The early shows that a lot of people talk about before this era and I'm talking about the 2004 and 2005 years, they too had their moments but not a lot to be honest, I've been SKY since October 2004 and I've seen the good the bad and the ugly. These shows in my opinion have still got a long way to go and it would be highly premature for any of them to call it a day. This year we will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the dawn of the babe shows with Babestation being the first. Let's just enjoy the journey and see which chapter this story takes next. I'm more than sure that we're going to have more notable episodes in the future. Also it important to remember that rules and regulations change all the time, what Ofcom might consider at present to be taboo might not be the case 1 year from now Cool
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2012 22:47 by Scottishbloke.)
18-01-2012 19:16
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(18-01-2012 18:12 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(18-01-2012 16:02 )oldboy1047 Wrote:  after reading all the comments about past shows on babestar i decided to have a look on the former shows thread.unfortunately all the rapidshare links are dead.any chance someone could uoload them again so that we can see what we are now missing

There's one here that you can watch directly, oldboy.

http://www.babevideo.co.uk/play/Babestar_naked_nights

Thats nice Stan, dont think Ive seen it before, which makes it a rarity and pleasant surprise. I had quite forgotten women used to have public hair in those days.

What was particularly nice (apart from the sex) was the relaxed happy attitude of the babes. If they felt like doing something they just did it, rather than consult with their lawyers first.

Heres a question. If similar footage was submitted to the BBFC, what rating would they give it? I reckon 18. Theres oral sex, but no genital contact is actually seen. Its sex for fun, making it a "Sex work at 18" but the BBFC allow that. There are a few very brief flashes when moving, but no lingering close ups. So I reckon the BBFC would rate it 18.

Its similar in some respects to Showgirls, but with fewer breasts.

Its sex for the sake of sex, but so what? A lot of film is violence and gore for the sake of violence and gore. A lot of stand up comedy is offensive for the sake of shock value rather than comedic effect. Only sex has to be justified.

Its cert 18. Cert 18 swearing, violence, gore, religious offence, etc is all allowed, cert 18 sex should be allowed unencrypted too after some cut off time.

Gone fishing
19-01-2012 03:27
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Heres another old Babestation clip.
http://www.babevideo.co.uk/play/Dani_O_N...sturbation

Gone fishing
19-01-2012 04:12
Colbert Rules Offline
Pray For Trump

(19-01-2012 04:12 )eccles Wrote:  Heres another old Babestation clip.
http://www.babevideo.co.uk/play/Dani_O_N...sturbation

The good ole days.Wink

"If loving Leila was a crime, Colbert would be on Death Row."
19-01-2012 04:31