* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Should mobiles be banned on set?

Money_Shot Offline
ATFC - 1992

Should mobiles be banned on set?
Do you think mobiles should be banned on set ?

I get a bit annoyed when I see a babe on her phone personally, it might sound petty so just wondered anyone else's view. I know, fair enough she might not have a call, but it doesn't exactly inspire a caller when there head down and on their mobiles.
But even worse is when they're on screen, on a call and still fucking about with their mobiles.

Discuss, not cuss Cool

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
16-02-2012 18:36
Find all posts by this user
Boomerangutangangbang Offline
Owned by Kelly Bell

RE: Should mobiles be banned on set ?
You can't really ban them as personal reasons may require them to be contacted at work,in an emergency.Doesn't look good if they're playing games,texting mates etc.Boss should make them aware & limit use,it's unprofessional.As in all jobs some will take the piss more than others.

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
16-02-2012 18:54
Money_Shot Offline
ATFC - 1992

(16-02-2012 18:54 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  You can't really ban them as personal reasons may require them to be contacted at work,in an emergency.Doesn't look good if they're playing games,texting mates etc.Boss should make them aware & limit use,it's unprofessional.As in all jobs some will take the piss more than others.

Valid point about emergency calls etc, I meant more so on the set when the camera is rolling. When they sit blatantly texting, updating facebook, or playing games.

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
16-02-2012 19:07
rickhardo Offline
Evening!

I think it's fine as long as they're not texting while talking to a caller.

I don't know where you magic pixies came from, but I like your pixie drink!
16-02-2012 19:29
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

I think they should be allowed but obviously if the girl is sitting texting all day long or whatever, as you can often see on certain channels, then someone behind the scenes should be having a word.
16-02-2012 20:33
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

The only time they should be using their own phone at work is during their breaks or in an emergency.
(This post was last modified: 16-02-2012 21:05 by Chilly.)
16-02-2012 21:05
docutech Offline
Posting Machine

(16-02-2012 21:05 )Chilly Wrote:  The only time they should be using their own phone at work is during their breaks or in an emergency.

I think its worse when a channel advertises texts messages then can't be arsed to pass them on even when the girl is sat there doing diddle shit taking no calls ...

On the point personally playing with a text or waving the phone immediately makes me hang up ....
16-02-2012 21:33
Kelly's Heroes Offline
Aston Villa

NO PERSONAL PHONES ALLOWED! Important

There is no way I would allow any of my staff to use their phones in an area where customers can see them. It looks so bad, totally unprofessional.

If a close friend or family member needs to contact them in an emergency, then they can phone the work number to get through to them.

There is a lot to be said about the amount of anti-social sites available on mobiles nowadays, such as 'FaceAche' and 'Twatter' annoyed

All good things come to those who.............................................................​.....................................wait
16-02-2012 21:52
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Although I voted no I couldn't really give 2 fucks either way, I think the big question we should be asking really is are the babe channels up shit creek just now, I mean times must be hard right now if the models are having to bring their own mobile phones into the studios, it obviously means they are struggling for calls as they have clearly dried up, never in the history of the babe channels have I seen so much phone waving going on and especially for a night show, the reason is simple. Produce a shit show and you'll get no calls, no calls lying on a bed = falling asleep on the job so things must be getting desparate if they need to make personal calls too in order to keep them awake. Clear solution to this is Ofcom need to be told to go and fucking jump, put great shows on and the studio phone will be red hot all night so they'll be no need for any of the models to be having to make any personal calls anymore Cool
16-02-2012 21:59
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

I voted couldn't careless because if the management can't be arsed about it, then they can't bitch about not taking calls. I mean why would anyone want to phone a channel where they're more interested in doing stuff that should be done on their breaks and not doing what their being paid to do.

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
16-02-2012 22:15
Thread Closed