Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average

Ofcom Complain To Dutch Regulator

continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Ofcom Complain To Dutch Regulator
(04-05-2012 16:42 )cmiller Wrote:  sit on the fence much, continental? Big Laugh

Big Laugh naaaaaahhTongue
04-05-2012 16:51
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blackjaques Offline
Senior Poster

Whatever you guys think is happening with a Dutch licence, Ofcon continue to have the final say as to what sort of output is allowed on our UK television screens.

They will not allow anything explicit to be shown at all.

As for the reasons why, well I have my own theories.
04-05-2012 20:23
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Dont be a tease. Whats your theory? The theory that is yours. Your theory and no one elses. This theory that you have that only you came up wi

Sorry, came over a bit Python there.

Besides Ofcom rules clearly state that simulating sex acts is banned. Sucking even one finger is simulating a blowjob, albeit with someone under endowed. Two fingers might suggest an examination. And four fingers Amanda style implies fisting.

Even licking a fingertip is probably out.

I once saw a woman smile when I shagged her so babes probably arent allowed to smile either. (Another girlfriend just looked grim and kept checking her watch, but she did have a bus to catch).

Just because someone has seen something that doesnt mean it is allowed. A guest said Fu5k several times on This Morning a day or so ago, thats not allowed either.

Anyway, whats this theory?

Gone fishing
05-05-2012 00:04
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(04-05-2012 20:23 )blackjaques Wrote:  Whatever you guys think is happening with a Dutch licence, Ofcon continue to have the final say as to what sort of output is allowed on our UK television screens.

Thank you! I've been saying this ever since this ridiculous 'foreign license' theory was dreamt up.

I have, not once, seen a single shred of evidence to support it.
05-05-2012 00:18
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(04-05-2012 20:23 )blackjaques Wrote:  Whatever you guys think is happening with a Dutch licence, Ofcon continue to have the final say as to what sort of output is allowed on our UK television screens.

Apart from having the final say about the output BS are transmitting on freeview before 12am , hence the title of this thread , the BS channel with the Dutch licence starts 2 hours before Ofcom's own UK laws allow , hence why they are complaining to Nicam , so far Ofcom haven't had much luck in trying to get BS to adhere to UK Ofcom rules ,they are still showing the same content at the same time as they were before Ofcom did the complaining to the Dutch regulator . So in this case the Dutch regulator has had the final say when they stated the content was OK to be shown after the watershed on freeview (can't remember the exact words Nicam used but it's in this thread somewhere) So i think the proof of the pudding is in the eating so to speak about who has the final say were overseas licences are concerned , BS is still transmitting with it's Dutch licence on freeview before 12am and breaking Ofcom regulations , Ofcom have said they are powerless to block or ban the BS channels from starting before midnight .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 00:58 by mr mystery.)
05-05-2012 00:43
cmiller Offline
Ofcom can suck my sweaty balls

i couldn't really care less what time they start. it's the content i'm interested in and that content plays very much by Ofcom's rules.
05-05-2012 01:09
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(05-05-2012 01:09 )cmiller Wrote:  i couldn't really care less what time they start. it's the content i'm interested in and that content plays very much by Ofcom's rules.

You'll have to forgive me this particular tmesis, but ex-fucking-actly!!
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 02:32 by StanTheMan.)
05-05-2012 02:30
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(05-05-2012 01:09 )cmiller Wrote:  i couldn't really care less what time they start. it's the content i'm interested in and that content plays very much by Ofcom's rules.

You would if you were a freeview only viewer , you wouldn't be allowed to view adult content phone in channels till after 12am if Ofcom get their way , the freeview content is what this is all about , the content is breaking Ofcom rules for these phone in channels that Ofcom class as adult content Teleshopping and is what this thread is about , Ofcom state that this type of adult content shown on the BS channels on freeview before 12am is breaking their rules , they are bleating about being powerless to prevent this type of adult material being shown because it's out of their jurisdiction/remit when it clearly breaches their UK Ofcom rules for a adult Teleshopping channels , hence them complaining to the regulators of these channels and being told by NICAM that in their opinion this type of adult content is OK to be broadcast in the UK at this time . So in this instance NICAM (so far) have had the last say on the content shown by adult channels transmitting on UK tv even when according to Ofcom (not me) it is clearly breaking their freeview content rules for being to adult in nature ..

{edit} just thought i'd mention if people aren't aware that the complaints made by Ofcom to the Dutch regulator Nicam of which this thread is about, only concerns complaints about the freeview BS channels not the Sky Dutch channel .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 14:58 by mr mystery.)
05-05-2012 10:57
continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

(05-05-2012 10:57 )mr mystery Wrote:  

You would if you were a freeview only viewer , you wouldn't be allowed to view adult content phone in channels till after 12am if Ofcom get their way , the freeview content is what this is all about , the content is breaking Ofcom rules for these phone in channels that Ofcom class as adult content Teleshopping and is what this thread is about , Ofcom state that this type of adult content shown on the BS channels on freeview before 12am is breaking their rules , they are bleating about being powerless to prevent this type of adult material being shown because it's out of their jurisdiction/remit when it clearly breaches their UK Ofcom rules for a adult Teleshopping channels , hence them complaining to the regulators of these channels and being told by NICAM that in their opinion this type of adult content is OK to be broadcast in the UK at this time . So in this instance NICAM (so far) have had the last say on the content shown by adult channels transmitting on UK tv even when according to Ofcom (not me) it is clearly breaking their freeview content rules for being to adult in nature ..

{edit} just thought i'd mention if people aren't aware that the complaints made by Ofcom to the Dutch regulator Nicam of which this thread is about, only concerns complaints about the freeview BS channels not the Sky Dutch channel .

Great post mate, it's nice to think that Ofcom are throwing there toys out of the pram acting like kids not getting there own wayBig Grin however as you've mentioned mystery the Dutch Regulator Nicam are basically putting to fingers up at Ofcom saying to them to leave well alone. Isn't it amazing how Holland a small country just a short hop accross the north sea, has no problems with the content being broadcast from Babestation at 10pmImportant
I really do think the Dutch Regulators must be laughing to themselves thinking what the F**K is Ofcom talking about Big Laugh I reckon if you turned on the TV in Holland at 10pm the free to air content would probably make your hair curl. This to me clearly speaks volumes that Ofcom can't do anything or maybe I should rephrase and say that there powers have been greatly reduced.
So in my mind, why don't all the channels apply for a foreign License. " SIMPLES ":D
05-05-2012 20:13
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(05-05-2012 20:13 )continental19 Wrote:  ...
So in my mind, why don't all the channels apply for a foreign License. " SIMPLES ":D

As I understand it, to get a foreign license, your company must be based in that country.
Babestation's parent company is based in Netherlands, so they get a dutch license. The other main channels are all based in UK, and relocating to another country in order to qualify for a foreign license is not so " SIMPLES ".

Besides which, if the other channels did successfully do this, you can bet that Ofcom would step up their campaign to close this loophole and get these channels back under their control.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
05-05-2012 20:23