Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average

Ofcom Complain To Dutch Regulator

continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Ofcom Complain To Dutch Regulator
(05-05-2012 20:23 )munch1917 Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 20:13 )continental19 Wrote:  ...
So in my mind, why don't all the channels apply for a foreign License. " SIMPLES ":D

As I understand it, to get a foreign license, your company must be based in that country.
Babestation's parent company is based in Netherlands, so they get a dutch license. The other main channels are all based in UK, and relocating to another country in order to qualify for a foreign license is not so " SIMPLES ".

Besides which, if the other channels did successfully do this, you can bet that Ofcom would step up their campaign to close this loophole and get these channels back under their control.

Yea fair point munch, I mean I don't no how difficult it is to apply for a foreign license anyway, I guess you're right Ofcom would try and fight tooth and nail to fight it. However the way that Ofcom are treating the Babe channels, I think it might be a fight worth fightingImportant
05-05-2012 20:36
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(08-07-2010 23:15 )babestation Wrote:  
(08-07-2010 23:12 )Rogerbee Wrote:  Gulp! Babestation, care to shed some light?

unfortunately ofcom have decided that adults that go to bed before 12am don't want to see babes, and are trying to push through a plan which will mean babe shows wont be allowed to start until 12am on freeview Surprised

maybe people will start to realise why we do what we do, there is a reason for everything Smile

Just thought i'd quote the above post made by the BS rep in July 2010 , obviously the BS Dutch licence rendered them immune to Ofcom's plans for freeview Babe channel viewers , so it's nearly 2 years since this post was made and so far BS is still transmitting before 12am on freeview Smile , this Dutch licence must be a real thorn in Ofcom's side Big Grin . Whatever you say about BS there's one thing for sure they are a crafty bunch and are good at finding loopholes , it's just a pity other channels aren't as shrewd .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 22:02 by mr mystery.)
05-05-2012 21:53
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(05-05-2012 21:53 )mr mystery Wrote:  Whatever you say about BS there's one thing for sure they are a crafty bunch and are good at finding loopholes , it's just a pity other channels aren't as shrewd .

But as cmiller says, this isn't really the point. People have been going on for ages now, about how this foreign license means Babestation are 'untouchable', but it's just not true. Okay, so they may be getting around normal Ofcom regs by broadcasting on freeview before midnight, but their content is just as tame as the other channels, which just goes to prove that this foreign license doesn't actually give them any more leeway.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 23:58 by StanTheMan.)
05-05-2012 23:57
mr mystery Away

(05-05-2012 23:57 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 21:53 )mr mystery Wrote:  Whatever you say about BS there's one thing for sure they are a crafty bunch and are good at finding loopholes , it's just a pity other channels aren't as shrewd .

But as cmiller says, this isn't really the point. People have been going on for ages now, about how this foreign license means Babestation are 'untouchable', but it's just not true. Okay, so they may be getting around normal Ofcom regs by broadcasting on freeview before midnight, but their content is just as tame as the other channels, which just goes to prove that this foreign license doesn't actually give them any more leeway.

No more leeway !!! , the Dutch regulated channels don't get Ofcom in breach rulings , they don't have to pay £100K fines for breaching rules they don't have a licence for , they can't get their licence revoked and the biggest plus is being the only channels that can transmit on a large freeview viewing platform with out any competition before 12am from rival company's . this licence gives them a huge advantage over any other freeview channel revenue wise .
Quite some time ago on their Dutch regulated Xtreme freeview channel they showed explicit live pussy licking in extreme close up free to air , they failed to encrypt the BS Xtreme channel , it was well documented on this forum at the time , can you imagine what would have happened if channels with a Ofcom licence had done this eek
Like i keep posting the channels with a Dutch licence mostly simulcast with channels with a Ofcom licence so have to be in line with Ofcom regs .
If channels such as Bangbabes , Live 960 and Babeworld had a Dutch licence then they would most likely still be transmitting today , Ofcom would have been unable to revoke their licence (Babeworld) or give them a massive fine and revoke their licence (Bangbabes) . No more leeway you say , yer right .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 15:11 by mr mystery.)
06-05-2012 02:10
continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

(06-05-2012 02:10 )mr mystery Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 23:57 )StanTheMan Wrote:  

No more leeway !!! , the Dutch regulated channels don't got Ofcom in breach rulings , they don't have to pay £100K fines for breaching rules they don't have a licence for , they can't get their licence revoked and the biggest plus is being the only channels that can transmit on a large freeview viewing platform with out any competition before 12am from rival company's . this licence gives them a huge advantage over any other freeview channel revenue wise .
Quite some time ago on their Dutch regulated Xtreme freeview channel they showed explicit live pussy licking in extreme close up free to air , they failed to encrypt the BS Xtreme channel , it was well documented on this forum at the time , can you imagine what would have happened if channels with a Ofcom licence had done this eek
Like i keep posting the channels with a Dutch licence mostly simulcast with channels with a Ofcom licence so have to be in line with Ofcom regs .
If channels such as Bangbabes , Live 960 and Babeworld had a Dutch licence then they would most likely still be transmitting today , Ofcom would have been unable to revoke their licence (Babeworld) or give them a massive fine and revoke their licence (Bangbabes) . No leeway you so , yer right .

Yep spot on, to me if you can't beat Ofcom at there own game then you have to look at other avenues, to me the only way to get stronger content is to apply for a foreign license whether it be Dutch or another European country. I guess it all boils down to the fact are the current UK babe channels apart from Babestation really that bothered in going after a foreign license? I guess time will tellImportant
06-05-2012 02:25
cmiller Offline
Ofcom can suck my sweaty balls

the Dutch licence may have some benefits for those that work at Babestation, but (unless you watch on Freeview) those benefits aren't translated to the viewers.

when you watch the shows, you wouldn't guess that one of them had a foreign licence
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 21:27 by cmiller.)
06-05-2012 14:32
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

Look, there's one thing we can all agree on the Dutch license gets up Ofcoms noses and that's a bloody good thingBig Grin and in my opinion if the other UK Channels decided to apply for a foreign license to, then it would bring even more pain to OfcomBig Grin
At the end of the day, if the channels can make Ofcoms life a misery then it's all good in my view. Because those Twats have caused enough pain and grief to the channels and to us to those Bastardsannoyedannoyed
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 14:46 by continental19.)
06-05-2012 14:45
mr mystery Away

(06-05-2012 14:32 )cmiller Wrote:  the Dutch licence may have some benefits for those that work at Babestation, but (unless you watch on Freewview) those benefits aren't translated to the viewers.

when you watch the shows, you wouldn't guess that one of them had a foreign licence

No augment from me about what you have just posted , i agree 100% , but just remember if you watch a Dutch regulated channel on freeview, BS xtra for example the same feed is also shown on the Sky BS Xtra channel , the Sky channel has a Ofcom licence so the content has to adhere to Ofcom regs , so obviously you won't tell the difference , the same goes for BS1 , the Sky BS1 channel has a Dutch non Ofcom regulated licence , BS1 on freeview shows the same feed as the Sky channel but uses a Ofcom licence , so BS1 has to adhere to Ofcom regs , so you won't see any difference on this channel either .

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 15:31 by mr mystery.)
06-05-2012 15:29
continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

(06-05-2012 15:29 )mr mystery Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 14:32 )cmiller Wrote:  the Dutch licence may have some benefits for those that work at Babestation, but (unless you watch on Freewview) those benefits aren't translated to the viewers.

No augment from me about what you have just posted , i agree 100% , but just remember if you watch a Dutch regulated channel on freeview, BS xtra for example the same feed is also shown on the Sky BS Xtra channel , the Sky channel has a Ofcom licence so the content has to adhere to Ofcom regs , so obviously you won't tell the difference , the same goes for BS1 , the Sky BS1 channel has a Dutch non Ofcom regulated licence , BS1 on freeview shows the same feed as the Sky channel but uses a Ofcom licence , so BS1 has to adhere to Ofcom regs , so you won't see any difference on this channel either .

Thanks MysterySmile
06-05-2012 15:33
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Well I've been out gigging this weekend so I haven't seen much in terms of the recent shows, (Yes I am a muscian, a man of many talents) Big Grin

I've also been a bit out of touch with this Thread lately. Infact my first instict when I seen new posts was that this Ofcom challenge to Nicam had once more reared it's ugly head but that's just not the case, as far as I'm concerned this subject has been dealt with. 1-0 to the babe channels so I'm a bit puzzled exactly what and why we are going over old ground here.

It's been known for Ofcom to visit this forum from time to time so in my opinion talking about a past event could infact just refuel the whole ugly scenaro once again, as far as I'm aware the case is now firmly closed, so why are we now trying to remind them about something that happened months ago.

Time to move on I think, fair enough still post about Ofcom but FFS!!!!!!! let's keep well clear of this Thread, why open up a can of worms when we don't have to bladewave
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 16:07 by Scottishbloke.)
06-05-2012 16:05