Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average

Ofcom Complain To Dutch Regulator

StanTheMan Offline
Banned

RE: Ofcom Complain To Dutch Regulator
(06-05-2012 01:10 )mr mystery Wrote:  No more leeway !!! , the Dutch regulated channels don't get Ofcom in breach rulings , they don't have to pay £100K fines for breaching rules they don't have a licence for , they can't get their licence revoked and the biggest plus is being the only channels that can transmit on a large freeview viewing platform with out any competition before 12am from rival company's . this licence gives them a huge advantage over any other freeview channel revenue wise .

'In breach' for what? '£100K fines' for breaching what rules? 'License revoked' why?

Aside form their accidental fta transmission of Xtreme - which doesn't count as it was just that, an accident, give me an example of content they're allowed to broadcast that other channel are not.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 15:21 by StanTheMan.)
06-05-2012 15:19
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(06-05-2012 15:05 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  I've also been a bit out of touch with this Thread lately. Infact my first instict when I seen new posts was that this Ofcom challenge to Nicam had once more reared it's ugly head but that's just not the case, as far as I'm concerned this subject has been dealt with. 1-0 to the babe channels so I'm a bit puzzled exactly what and why we are going over old ground here.

Time to move on I think, fair enough still post about Ofcom but FFS!!!!!!! let's keep well clear of this Thread, why open up a can of worms when we don't have to bladewave

The re-igniting of discussions in this thread spilled over from the the Elite chat and discussion thread were comparisons were being made and questions asked concerning what Elite let their girls do compared to what the BS girls do , the BS Dutch licence was suggested by i forum member for being the reason why they don't tame their girls down as much as Elite do with their Ofcom licence , so discussions about what a Dutch licence allows you to do were carried on in this thread .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
06-05-2012 15:30
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(06-05-2012 15:19 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 01:10 )mr mystery Wrote:  No more leeway !!! , the Dutch regulated channels don't get Ofcom in breach rulings , they don't have to pay £100K fines for breaching rules they don't have a licence for , they can't get their licence revoked and the biggest plus is being the only channels that can transmit on a large freeview viewing platform with out any competition before 12am from rival company's . this licence gives them a huge advantage over any other freeview channel revenue wise .

'In breach' for what? '£100K fines' for breaching what rules? 'License revoked' why?

Aside form their accidental fta transmission of Xtreme - which doesn't count as it was just that, an accident, give me an example of content they're allowed to broadcast that other channel are not.

Do you think i'm bloody stupid enough to give a list of incidences of what has been transmitted over the years on the Dutch regulated channels or documented each 1 to use to give you a example , that's if they happened at all of course , whatever freedom this Dutch licence gives BS it doesn't pay to highlight what they have broadcast , Ofcom are already talking about taking the Dutch licence issue to the European council , so giving more examples on this forum is not wise , . Also i didn't mean they had allowed things to happen , i was just stating what a Dutch regulated licence renders you immune from compared to channels with a Ofcom licence if the did happen (hypothetically speaking) ie fines or licence's revoked by Ofcom even if they did break the rules , i mentioned the fines and channels getting their licence's revoked etc because that's what Ofcom have done to channels in the past , with a Dutch licence this wouldn't happen , unless the Dutch regulator did it of course .
Accidents do count Playboy have been found in breach when they by accident failed to encrypt their subscription channels . The Amanda and Jemma Jey incident was a accident when the wrong camera was used , Bangbabes still got a fine .

PS , i'm off out in a bit , i will send you a pm in about a hour or so .

{edit} just made a quick edit to point out what Digital Dave says about my post being hypothetical concerning any BS breaches , as this is what i meant .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 18:21 by mr mystery.)
06-05-2012 15:43
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(06-05-2012 15:43 )mr mystery Wrote:  PS , i'm off out now , i will send you a pm in about a hour .

Well I look forward to it, because I must've missed every single incident.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 16:09 by StanTheMan.)
06-05-2012 15:57
Digital Dave Away
Retired

I don't really think there have been any incidents Stan. Mr Mystery is making the hypothetical point that if Babestation's Dutch-licensed channels transgressed, whether accidentally or otherwise, theoretically they couldn't be fined by Ofcom.

Having said that, in the real world they would be fined because Cellcast always simulcast their 'Dutch' channels (one on Sky and one on Freeview) with their Ofcom channels, so in effect they'd be fined because the material has to therefore adhere to Ofcom's restrictions.

I think the reason that Cellcast don't push the envelope with their Dutch-licensed channels (apart from starting a little earlier on Freeview) is that it's probably not worth the hassle. If they started showing full-frontal to European levels I'm sure Ofcom would pretty swiftly invoke whatever laws they could to have them removed from the UK platforms.
06-05-2012 18:10
blackjaques Offline
Senior Poster

Well, I'm totally baffled by all this Dutch/UK Licence argument.

Babestation Extreme, despite its Dutch licence, is as heavily censored as the Adult Channel & Television X.

Ofcon's "child protection" bullshit is equally as evident on Freeview 96 as it is on Sky's encrypted channels.

Ofcon win, hands down.
06-05-2012 19:47
continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

To me Ofcom are not untouchable, i agree they hold most of the cards, however they don't hold the whole pack. Look i like all of you hate Ofcom with a passion, and as I've previously posted, the Dutch or foreign licence way seems to be the only alternative to get some stronger content out there. I'm not saying this is the answer but at least it causes anguish amongst the Ofcom knob headsBig Grin
At the end of the day the only way to get rid of Ofcom is for a government rethink which supposedly was meant to tackled by this coalition government, clearly that hasn't happened, and I'm wondering if this current government will?
I guess for the time being this is the best we can hope for.

" BRING BACK ITC ":D
06-05-2012 20:07
cmiller Offline
Ofcom can suck my sweaty balls

if i understand,

Sky BS Xtra = Ofcom licence
Freeview BS Xtra = Dutch licence

Sky BS1 = Dutch licence
Freeview BS1 = Ofcom licence

so if Cellcast can somehow swap one of these channels around it's party time! Big GrinTongueCool

(06-05-2012 15:05 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  It's been known for Ofcom to visit this forum from time to time

if that is true and Ofcom are reading this -

SUCK MY HAIRY BALLS!!
[Image: a58cbb188831462.jpg]
this picture was taken from Babestation 1 recorded from Freeview at around 10.17pm! Wink

(warning: NEVER google 'hairy balls'!)
06-05-2012 20:47
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(06-05-2012 20:47 )cmiller Wrote:  
this picture was taken from Babestation 1 recorded from Freeview at around 10.17pm! Wink

Now there's an idea. How about we invent loads of different Ofcom breaches that we know didn't happen? Ofcom will have no choice but to check on them - thus we will be both wasting their time and killing what little credibility they have left Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 14:34 by StanTheMan.)
06-05-2012 21:39