Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.91 Average

Remove Post Count from Member's Profiles

$h!ny h3lm3t Offline
* annaholic *

Remove Post Count from Member's Profiles
After a brief discussion re: the nature of post counts in this thread:
http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=4805

Thought it would be interesting to gauge the forum's reaction to the possibility of post counts being removed from user's profiles.
A simple Yes or No poll to determine general feelings.

If your dying day is near, spend it with a can of beer.
When the angels start to call, make sure you`ve drunk it all.
09-03-2009 23:23
Find all posts by this user
aaron Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Remove Post Count from Member's Profiles
I'm not too sure about this, but in the end voted no don't remove the post count.

If someone makes what seems to be a bit of an odd post, I like to see that the member in question has only made a limited number of posts.

Plus if someone's post count is low, it might encourage them to contribute more, which can't be a bad thing.
10-03-2009 00:10
oopnorth Offline
it's grim

aaron Wrote:I'm not too sure about this, but in the end voted no don't remove the post count.

If someone makes what seems to be a bit of an odd post, I like to see that the member in question has only made a limited number of posts.

Plus if someone's post count is low, it might encourage them to contribute more, which can't be a bad thing.

Thats the point, we don't want people posting just to add to their count, we want content, a joke, a link or an opinion on something.
Could also work the other way. If a new member see's all these massive post counts they could be intimidated and reluctant to join in.
10-03-2009 01:09
HEX!T Away
Retired

they could just create a junk folder and put all used topics in there(only viewable by the mods and admin), but yeah i see people just posting thanx when theres a thanx button, or me 2... sorta defeats the idea of a posts count, ive had a look through our php on my clan site and there isnt a way of removing it without a big rewrite of its scripts. so maybe it is more trouble than its worth to get ridd of it, i couldnt even figure out how to hide it.

in essence its a good idea but implimenting it may be difficult as im pretty sure its used for and by other features too.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
10-03-2009 01:37
$h!ny h3lm3t Offline
* annaholic *

Hexit Wrote:in essence its a good idea but implimenting it may be difficult as im pretty sure its used for and by other features too.
Think you can modify the board's templates to do almost anything these days, guess only admin can answer this for sure.
What would be a compromise would be an option to disable/enable posts to show, if possible.

If your dying day is near, spend it with a can of beer.
When the angels start to call, make sure you`ve drunk it all.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2009 07:24 by $h!ny h3lm3t.)
10-03-2009 07:13
Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

I voted yes! I can see certain new forum members who have only been here a month hitting 1000+ posts without actually contributing anything other than "LOL" "I agree" ":D" etc!

I admit that i have done that at times but only in the context of a conversation with other forum members im sure we all have but there are too many people not contributing any ideas for new threads or adding anything interesting (opinions, pictures, vids or links to interesting websites) to existing ones but instead hammering the forum with drivel!

On that basis a spring clean is exactly what we need, and it doesnt concern me if my post count falls because thats not why im on this forum! I was a member of this forum for about 4-5 weeks before i ever posted a remark on here! I could have easily put a "LOL" "I Agree" or ":D" on every single topic thats ever been discussed and be sitting here with 5000+ posts but id much rather put a bit of effort and time to actually say something interesting, to post a nice pic set, to find an interesting link or to come up with an idea for a new thread!
10-03-2009 09:34
m100 Away
Banned

Voted yes because I could see more of an argument than no. Astonv1 is right sometimes a one word answer or lol is perfectly acceptable but you do get the feeling that some posts are just put there to up their post count. Among the members who have been here the longest I think it's even more acceptable as it's only reflecting normal conversation amongst friends (not including myself here as i've only been on about 6 months). Personally I only tend to post when I think there's something I can add to the topic. When you see a new post in a thread and think it's going to be something interesting and it turns out to be 'agree', 'lol' etc it does get annoying at times.

would all those wishing to take part in today's round of multiple username bingo please note emails must be submitted before 5pm
10-03-2009 09:45
Dreamlander Offline

Either way has it's pros and cons so I didn't vote.If you've been here long enough you know who does the 'thanks,me too,I agrees' etc. so you can tell quite quickly if the huge count is valid or not.It's not something I refer to other than if it's a landmark post and I can post something a little special.Huge post count or not I judge the content of the post not the number backing it up.If there was a 20 word minimum validity for post count then that might show a big difference in some posters totals but that would also rule out some great one liners or snippets of information that is useful to someone.I've changed my mind,I think I will vote no as doing nothing will bother the least amount of people.There have already been a lot of different things going on lately so something as inconsequential as this is maybe worth discussing but not really worth actioning.

Dreamlander
10-03-2009 16:46
jungleboy Offline
mocfo era tihs

Can I just ask WHY?

The forum is full of posts like this lately. Basically we know a lot of people on here post the 1 word crap, but that really doesn't bother me in the slightest. Where has all the fun gone from here, it's political as fuck on here now. I agree and disagree on many of the points on here, but do we really need more of these articles? Don't mean to have a pop atcha SH, coz I think your a great addition to the forum, but when I left a few weeks ago this place was full of these posts, and when I've come back they are still here. Chin up I say, and all have a nice wank or 2 over the lovely ladies Smile

"Insert funny comment here"
10-03-2009 17:44
G@Z! Offline
Banned

cant i finally say something constructive for a change this forum is still cool, but this place is starting to turn into parliment i'm glad people has views of how to change or improve the forum. I know i done my bit of critism but i like it we try to like it as it is, why all the changes are they gonna change anything maybe maybe not. But please send your ideas to the mods first and see if it can be done before posting i know you want other peoples opinions as it is a forum. So i think i am not making any sense here bare with me. Shy
But as the saying goes rome was not built in a day.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2009 18:02 by G@Z!.)
10-03-2009 17:53
Thread Closed