Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canadian Trek for Marie Curie Cancer Care

chrisdaniels Offline
Sasha's hardest fan

Exclamation Canadian Trek for Marie Curie Cancer Care
Howdy my friends Smile

[Image: th_577095545_MarieCurieLogo_122_1067lo.jpg]

Earlier this year, I participated in the Great Manchester Run in support of Marie Curie Cancer Care, and raised £400 hehe

Now, I have already embarked on my next challenge - that is, a very demanding 10 day trek of the Canadian Rockies next year in 2013 Smile

I will be eternally grateful if you could visit my JustGiving page, even if you just read my story, I will be thankful hehe but I ask you all ... please look into your hearts and donate whatever you can for such an amazing charity which looked after my dear Grandad six years ago and without them, his wish of spending his final days at home would not have become a reality!

http://www.justgiving.com/Chrissy-D

[Image: th_576822561_DSC_0082_122_438lo.JPG]

Thank you xx
21-08-2012 20:34
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mellover Offline
Banned

RE: Canadian Trek for Marie Curie Cancer Care
Well, very well done for raising money for a good cause.

But

How much would the cost be all the way to Canada, and spending 12 days there. Air tickets food and water and accomodation and other travel cost? Not to mention all the gear you will need.

Bearing in mind you raise 400 before, a great sum of money, but surely it would cost more then that to go to Canada.

Just give them the money you'd spend on the trip. Unless you are combinind a once in a lifetime holiday with money raising.
21-08-2012 20:47
chrisdaniels Offline
Sasha's hardest fan

Thank you Smile

What I have to is raise a minimum of £3750 - A minimum of £1,700 will go directly to Marie Curie Cancer Care, as well as anything I raise over the minimum sponsorship - to this end, I have set myself a target of £5000! I admit, it is an ambitious target but I have the belief, determination and the willpower to never to give up Smile Im doing this to help millions of people, and make my dear Grandad proud!

Smile
21-08-2012 21:18
mellover Offline
Banned

(21-08-2012 21:18 )chrisdaniels Wrote:  Thank you Smile

What I have to is raise a minimum of £3750 - A minimum of £1,700 will go directly to Marie Curie Cancer Care

Smile

Well good luck to you, I hope you get well over £5000 because if you hit your minimum target, £2050 of the money you raise won't be going to your charity. So you's be spending more on your trip then on the charity with the money raised. Which seems cockeye logic to me. Unless you all chip in and pay for the trip out of your own pockets.

I don't mean to be negative I just have a cycnical nature charities at the moment.

I have absolutely no doubt that people such as you are attempting to raise money for your charities and it's comming from a good place, but i see those tv charity raising and celebs things or charity shops I wonder.

I walk in to a charity shop there's normally a paid manager in every shop. Now has managers these people are getting massive wages easy 20k and above. Then, in all but the warmest weather the heating seems to be on full. Then in the shops round me, the stuff on the shelves seems to be the same tat day in day out; I just can't help thinking how are they covering the wages and fuel bills.

Pretty much people will be giving their old stuff to charity thinking the money raised will go straight to those in need, when in fact most of it will go in wages and utility bills. I know i had a massive clear out a few years back, massive amount went, ps 1's super vhs and alsorts, I never saw any of them in the shop I gave it two baring a few dvd's.

Then have you ever noticed how the managers of these places tend to be upstairs not doing a great deal whilst leaving most of the work to the volenteers? I also heard that these so called managers not only take the best donated stuff for themselves, family and friends, a lot actually abuse their possition and steal thousands of pounds worth of money form the shops.

Wait, why has this turned into a rant. I do apologise.
21-08-2012 22:18
chrisdaniels Offline
Sasha's hardest fan

I understand your views but Im afraid I do not agree - I think charities are sooo amazing in every sense of the word as they help save millions of lives each day Smile I doing this challenge because I want to make a massive difference to my fellow human beings and I need the help of my friends here on this forum to help me achieve my goal Smile

Please donate whatever you can - I will be forever grateful hehe Smile

thank you x
24-08-2012 17:31
chrisdaniels Offline
Sasha's hardest fan

I just want to ask you all again if you could donate whatever you can for Marie Curie Cancer Care Smile Like I said before, I am trekking the Canadian Rockies in memory of my dear Grandad who I miss so much - for those of you who have been affected by cancer, im sure you understand how difficult and painful it is to comprehend why great people have to suffer Sad

It doesn't matter how much because whatever you give will help countless souls - Again, thank you
02-09-2012 21:53
chrisdaniels Offline
Sasha's hardest fan

Hey, its me again Smile

So far, I have raised about £400 ; my target is £2500 hehe I can't wait for this: meeting the most inspirational people; the overwhelming emotion of witnessing the spectacular creation of God - but the best thing of all is that I will helping the millions of poor souls suffering from cancer!

Please help me by visiting my JustGiving Page, upon which you can sponsor me easily and securely - Please look deep into your hearts and donate whatever you can Smile

Thank you, and god bless you all xx

Any questions, just message me hehe
28-11-2012 17:41

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles